benifits of multiple subs(2 or 4)??

so sir if i cover all the corners including wall to wall,walll to ceiling and wall to floor can i have smooth bass all over the room coz when i move from one spot to another in my ht some where bass is boomy,somewhere its uneven somewhere its null

Manu, as I have mentioned to you before, you MUST be patient and do a proper job of room acoustics. You may have to pay some 25K to a acoustic consultant who will look at your room, do some tests and recommend what and where the absorbers and traps have to be laid. This amount will give you peace of mind and help you move away from this constant worries as well as blowing up money on exprimenting with subs.

cheers

Manu, as I have mentioned to you before, you MUST be patient and do a proper job of room acoustics. You may have to pay some 25K to a acoustic consultant who will look at your room, do some tests and recommend what and where the absorbers and traps have to be laid. This amount will give you peace of mind and help you move away from this constant worries as well as blowing up money on exprimenting with subs.

cheers
got it and you are right about money wasting and by proper room acoustics even polk dsw pro 600 sounds cool right :)

I, for sure been wondering what the hell is with multiple subs.
My understanding was, low frequency was non-directional(not the exact word) so "one" sub should be ok .If not, have one with higher power.
Will this not help ? - assuming the sub does its job - say 35-200hz and does a nice crossover with other channels.

Subs doing below 20-30hz is essentially to knock one off thier feet - good for movies which shows a lots of things that blow off. - I love this.
And i feel dsw pro 500 is doing a good job for me. - I agree i am not as fastidious as manu4panjab:) but i am a bass freak as far as movies goes.

even sony have put 6.2s .hmm:rolleyes:
Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India

some time back when googled had this link
Bass Here, Not There: Directional Low Frequency
warning : there is a link to bose in the above page.:)- dont blame me

off topic: how do i know if my sub is able to output those low frequency, say15hz as setup from pc - any measuring equipment that normal layman can use and understand?

are these the final prices in India?

yup that's what mr. sharath from audire audio emailed me ,his mob. number is 9003355444 and please tell him that i give you his number i guess by doing that he can give us proper discount by knowing that i'm advertiseing him ;) no joke but please refer me too :)

Last edited:
I, for sure been wondering what the hell is with multiple subs.
My understanding was, low frequency was non-directional(not the exact word) so "one" sub should be ok .If not, have one with higher power.
Will this not help ? - assuming the sub does its job - say 35-200hz and does a nice crossover with other channels.

Subs doing below 20-30hz is essentially to knock one off thier feet - good for movies which shows a lots of things that blow off. - I love this.
And i feel dsw pro 500 is doing a good job for me. - I agree i am not as fastidious as manu4panjab:) but i am a bass freak as far as movies goes.

even sony have put 6.2s .hmm:rolleyes:
Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India

some time back when googled had this link
Bass Here, Not There: Directional Low Frequency
warning : there is a link to bose in the above page.:)- dont blame me

off topic: how do i know if my sub is able to output those low frequency, say15hz as setup from pc - any measuring equipment that normal layman can use and understand?

bro i'm too fine with dsw pro 600 but i want something that i can feel pro 600 does louder part job but not low part job ;) so that's why in near future i'll be buying hsu subs that's why i'm keep asking do i need two subs or one so i can buy one or two from hsu :cool:

that's what I had felt after previewing the smaller version. thanks for the clarity.. so it's DIY for now maybe; if the price is right a Hsu later on..

but there's different bro pro 500 is 10 inch sub where as pro 600 is 12 inch ,12 inch goes more low than 10 inch sub and it's definetly goes lower than pro 500

but there's different bro pro 500 is 10 inch sub where as pro 600 is 12 inch ,12 inch goes more low than 10 inch sub and it's definetly goes lower than pro 500

well, to matters at rest, i did go to pro-fx yesterday to check out the 600. did not have my laptop and spl meter, (or any source material of my own) to do a like-to-like comparo; but based on the stuff thay played, i can away underwhelmed on the low bass front. there was a tremendous amount of midbass though.

I think 25k-30k for LFE extension is better spent on DIY; if you use common sense and a good carpenter!

of course, that's until hsu comes to india.. -- that ULS 15 looks delicious!

well, to matters at rest, i did go to pro-fx yesterday to check out the 600. did not have my laptop and spl meter, (or any source material of my own) to do a like-to-like comparo; but based on the stuff thay played, i can away underwhelmed on the low bass front. there was a tremendous amount of midbass though.

I think 25k-30k for LFE extension is better spent on DIY; if you use common sense and a good carpenter!

of course, that's until hsu comes to india.. -- that ULS 15 looks delicious!

you are definetly right pro 600 got tremendous mid bass and upper bass but its the low end it lacks that's why i'm kinda wait for svs too so the i can copare hsu and svs on price based (though until for now i'm more opt. for uls 15)

multiple subs doubts..

some queries regarding two subs..
My AVR is Yam863, sub(s) in question is SVS PC12 NSD x 2 against SVS PC12 Plus
1) Silly quest but still need to clarify..a 5.1 channel AAC/AC3 track would directly use 2 subs, or requires to be something like 5.2 re-encoded from the source? Couldn't find anything except a 7.2 and 10.2, still I have not seen surround tracks other than 5.1 and 7.1
2) The output signals from both sub outs in the AVR are identical? Also would it make a difference by placement of the subs according to order of connectivity?
3) For a 22x10x8 ft would a single PC12 NSD provide sufficient power?

Found a nice article, thought of sharing:
Subwoofer Connection Guide For A Multi Subwoofer System — Reviews and News from Audioholics

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back