BenQ 1070 owners - Lets talk about Rainbow Effect

vij

Hi guys,

I am in the process of constructing a dedicated home theater. Initially I was sure I would go for the Sony 40es. But paying for the civil work of the fresh room and then getting quotations for some 'acoustic stuff' has humbled me and I am now considering a budget projector that can atleast give around 80% of the Sony picture. Looking at the reviews - the BenQ1070 seems to be a favorite.

My questions to current BenQ 1070 owners are:

1. Rainbow effect! How bad is it in general and how often are you reminded of it?

2. This is actually pretty important. I watch lot of english tv series most of which I download. I use .srt files for the subtitles always. Now that would be white text on dark background. I am worried about rainbow in such scenario. Your inputs?

3. How is the picture with the downloaded 1080 rips?

4. How is cricket worldcup looking ? Good? I will watch a lot of sports.

5. Do you see the rainbow when you are gaming? Is it more in these situations?

6. How noisy is it. Il be sitting 4 feet from it - Is it as noisy as a ceiling fan?

Last edited:
hi, i am using benq w1070 about 2years. I would say there is some Rainbow Effect in black and white theam movies like sin city, Nebraska. For normal moives i dont see any Rainbow Effect.

hi, i am using benq w1070 about 2years. I would say there is some Rainbow Effect in black and white theam movies like sin city, Nebraska. For normal moives i dont see any Rainbow Effect.

Thanks. What about subtitles and news tickers and cricket scores ?

Thanks. What about subtitles and news tickers and cricket scores ?

Sorry i am using it only for watching movies in a home theatre setup. aslo I didn't use subtitle beacause it distracting movie experience. I think it wount be a problem beacuse there is no rainbow effect on high speed action scenes in movies like transformers, fast and furious, matrix etc.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back