Benq india gives me international warranty

navdeep100

i have purchased benq w1070 April 2013.my projector was running very fine last 15 months.but last week my projector color are faded and automatic shutdown .I have bought benq w1070 from usncix by ishopinternaitnonal so i have no bill of this projector.
i was very upset last five days .my wife was crying on me you have wasted 65000 rs on this projector.benq India provides local warranties .so i decided to repair the projector. today i have called the local benq service center.service center guy is very helpful to listening my story.sir please call customer care but don't ever say you have brought international.
i called the benq customer service. he has asked me sir please give me a box manufacturing date and serial no I have given serial no and manufacturing date. then he says sir your projector have warranty for 24 months .so do not worry for invoice. benq has given me compliant no. he will say complaint will resolve in next five days. after three hours Benq engineer come into my house. I was shocked. he has checked the projector about half hour .sir this projector color wheel has faulted. the color wheel will change in seven days. and give me the projector
i gave the projector to BenQ engineer .late night I was again shocked .the Benq engineer come into my house with the projector. sir we have changed the color wheel and this projector is running fine. he said not worry sir your projector will warranty next 7 months .he has given me mobile no. . pl call me the projector problem. my wife and kids were very happy to see the projector. the projector is running fine on new color wheel. my money was saved by benq india customer service.

Last edited:
i have purchased benq w1070 April 2013.my projector was running very fine last 15 months.but last week my projector color are faded and automatic shutdown .I have bought benq w1070 from usncix by ishopinternaitnonal so i have no bill of this projector.
i was very upset last five days .my wife was crying on me you have wasted 65000 rs on this projector.benq India provides local warranties .so i decided to repair the projector. today i have called the local benq service center.service center guy is very helpful to listening my story.sir please call customer care but don't ever say you have brought international.
i called the benq customer service. he has asked me sir please give me a box manufacturing date and serial no I have given serial no and manufacturing date. then he says sir your projector have warranty for 24 months .so do not worry for invoice. benq has given me compliant no. he will say complaint will resolve in next five days. after three hours Benq engineer come into my house. I was shocked. he has checked the projector about half hour .sir this projector color wheel has faulted. the color wheel will change in seven days. and give me the projector
i gave the projector to BenQ engineer .late night I was again shocked .the Benq engineer come into my house with the projector. sir we have changed the color wheel and this projector is running fine. he said not worry sir your projector will warranty next 7 months .he has given me mobile no. . pl call me the projector problem. my wife and kids were very happy to see the projector. the projector is running fine on new color wheel. my money was saved by benq india customer service.
Cool.. good to hear that there are companies who concentrate in their after service. IMO samsung used to be like the same. When we used to have big PC CRT monitors . You just take it to them, they will check the serial number and stuff and they will fix it :).

Congrats .... big relief ...

Earlier HP used to honor international warentees esp for laptops . Have first hand experience of 3 laptops purchased from abroad.They also had policy of serial number warentee

Do NOT know what is scenario now.
They never advertised it , so much so that this thing was denied by a small time reseller , but yes HP had the policy.

I heard apple to used to honour international warrantee , serial number warrantee and extended warantee in big way.

IN current times our FM get excellant serice by WD on international purchased WDTVs ..

Can someone list current expereinces?

Congrats .... big relief ...

Earlier HP used to honor international warentees esp for laptops . Have first hand experience of 3 laptops purchased from abroad.They also had policy of serial number warentee

Do NOT know what is scenario now.
They never advertised it , so much so that this thing was denied by a small time reseller , but yes HP had the policy.

I heard apple to used to honour international warrantee , serial number warrantee and extended warantee in big way.

IN current times our FM get excellant serice by WD on international purchased WDTVs ..

Can someone list current expereinces?

I myself purchased WDTV Live in UK around oct 2012. Now, Im back to india , it keep on restarting when ever i poweron. immediately called customer service of WDTV in india they took the serial number and said it's still under warranty and asked me to drop off near wdtv serivce point in my city.

I gave only WDTV box at drop off point keeping remote and all accessories :D

after 10 days a brand new WDTV with remote and all accesories got delivered to my house. :eek:hyeah:

A bill is NOT absolutely necessary to claim warranty, legally speaking. Just because you don't have the bill, for whatever reasons, does not mean that you have not purchased the product. Each and every product has a unique serial no, which, if required, can be tracked down to seller and eventually the purchaser. But who is going to take the trouble.

As far as I remember, Sony India gives a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase of the product and incase you don't have the bill, 1 year will be considered from the date of manufacturing the product.

Anyways, as long as you are happy with the service, who cares. :)

A bill is NOT absolutely necessary to claim warranty, legally speaking. Just because you don't have the bill, for whatever reasons, does not mean that you have not purchased the product.

If you do not have the bill, it is fair to doubt that it was bought from the grey market. So I think it could be perfectly legal to ask for the bill to honour warranty.

Even though it is brought from the grey market the manufacturer has still manufactured the product, so warranty or guarantee is supposed to be applicable. The bill or invoice only can substantiate the dates for which the warranty is applicable.

Unless the product is stolen from the manufacturer and as long he gets paid for his goods he is obliged to honour the warranty.

Even though it is brought from the grey market the manufacturer has still manufactured the product, so warranty or guarantee is supposed to be applicable. The bill or invoice only can substantiate the dates for which the warranty is applicable.

Unless the product is stolen from the manufacturer and as long he gets paid for his goods he is obliged to honour the warranty.

If your dream comes true, then everyone would prefer to buy from grey market than from a showroom or a dealer at a higher price. :D Am I wrong.

Bill is not just a proof of (date of) purchase, its also a proof of taxes paid. It is the responsibility of the manufacturers to save the exchequer from loss due to sale of duty evaded goods. They also have to protect the business of their authorised sellers/ retailers so it becomes important for them to honour warranty only for goods bought through authorised channels.

That is why today even some grey market sellers advise to pay more and get a bill.

Now about the taxes part there it becomes complex. The taxes that levied on the manufacturing have been paid by the manufacturer anyway.

It is the second part that is the issue. The retail stores or chains have to be protected therefore they need to sell through this loop whereby the dealers/subdealers (middlemen) pocket the largest chunk of the pie. This is also the reason why in recent past we saw that some manufacturers telling us that online dealers are not their authorized partners and warranty may be declined.

I was just trying to tell that if a manufacturer manufactures a product he should be providing warranty against manufacturing defects. This is simple. But the very concept of the distribution channels have put brakes on this which will be difficult but will be broken in future.

You see here that many persons are in the process of switching their buying preferences online. When these players take over the market the dynamics will shift. Nowadays buying and exchanging goods online is less of a hassle that it was some years ago.

Actually the concept of VAT has benefited the seller more therefore he would want levy tax on the end customer so that he can claim the input tax credit. The output tax is anyway borne by the end consumer. This is one of the reasons why nowadays many sellers are not hesitant to give a bill.

I agree this is not happening now but may evolve in future :eek:hyeah:

If you do not have the bill, it is fair to doubt that it was bought from the grey market. So I think it could be perfectly legal to ask for the bill to honour warranty.

Its is perfectly legal to ask a customer regarding invoice for purchasing the goods. And if the customer is able to present the bill, it will clearly establish that the particular customer had purchased the good for xxxx amount money on that day.

Now what if the bill is lost/ damaged/ stolen? Will that prevent you from being the owner of the product and get the benefit of the warranty? Definitely there will be doubt in seller's mind but if you have a reported the loss of the bill to a police station, you can surely claim a duplicate bill from the seller and in that case seller is legally bound to give you the duplicate bill and then you can always claim warranty with that duplicate bill.

But this is always complicated and time consuming, so better keep your bill in the locker. :yahoo:

Hey,
I bought my benq w1070 projector from the us a year ago.
I plugged in the hdmi cable through my yamaha amp while the projector and amp were both on. And...I guess I blew the hdmi port... I tried the other port and guess I blew that too as now the hdmi ports in the projector as we'll the the amp aren't working.
My amp was in warranty bought in india so it's getting fixed by the company.
Whereas I called benq and logged in my complaint giving the serial number.The guy said its in warranty and they shall pick it up. But the next day I got a call saying this model is not sold in india and it has been bought from abroad and hence now covered under warranty.
Damn!!!! Anyone has any suggestions pls.
Sanj

I have bought from amazon.com & they collected the taxes from me along with shipping, so haven't I officially bought the product ? so what does it matter from where I bought ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back