BenQ M512 ST

Krish82

Hi guys,

I am very much rookie in projector department.I was lookng for a projector, basically for seeing movies.i still dont have a dedicated HT room,but i am planning to place the screen in the Hall.

I had a Demo of this BenQ 512 ST projector.The picture quality looked superb to me and i was speechless after seeing the big screen.I felt my 32" lcd as a porable one after coming home.

This is a short throw projector, so the space distance required to project the image is less, i can also use it in my room.I saw demo of general dvd upscaled to 720P it was awesome.But the problem is the projector has only native resolution of 800 * 600.,but truly the image i saw was flawless and completely in a different league than viewing on a standad LCD tv.

I have no idea of projector brands or features.i know that HD should be the way,but i am not going to project it as huge as a theater also/ the price quoted is around 45k.i cannot spend 90k for a HD projector bcos i had purchased my 32"LCD for 74K about 2.5yrs back, so kindly suggest any good proj in this price range or little higher.
The Cnet review of this projector sounds good.

Thanks
Krish

Krish
Please check my earlier thread - I asked similar question where u'll get some answers.
Also shop around for projectors - you'll be quoted different prices for same model! Also think of Epson and Sharp also.

Any other Basic 720 P model within 50 K to 55 K in india. Please suggest, Planning to shop, this weekend.
Please suggest which brand.

Thanks
Krish

Hi guys,

I had a Demo of this BenQ 512 ST projector.The picture quality looked superb to me and i was speechless after seeing the big screen.I felt my 32" lcd as a porable one after coming home.

Thanks
Krish

If you were speechless after seeing a BenQ 512, i am not sure what will happen to you when you see a Optoma HD65 or Infocus X9/X10. :lol:

You are true about the LCD TVs. Even a 52" LCD will look like a laptop.

BenQ is not a true HT projector. Its got 4:3 native aspect ratio with 800x600 resolution. its good for an office at best.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back