best AVR for wharf 9.1 / mission m34i

drghanshyam

hi friends.
after lots of research on this highly informative/ addictive site by all of u friends, i have zero down on mission 34 or wharf 9.1 set up. i want 5.1 set up. mission has edge for me only reason it has tower speakers, which goes with my interior.
so now next point i got stuck is which AVR. intiillay i put my budget for all upto 50 but now i m excedding upto 70k. so pl suggest me AVR in 20-30 k range. my pririoty is music than movies. (60/40 %).
thank u all.
ganshyam

hi friends.
after lots of research on this highly informative/ addictive site by all of u friends, i have zero down on mission 34 or wharf 9.1 set up. i want 5.1 set up. mission has edge for me only reason it has tower speakers, which goes with my interior.
so now next point i got stuck is which AVR. intiillay i put my budget for all upto 50 but now i m excedding upto 70k. so pl suggest me AVR in 20-30 k range. my pririoty is music than movies. (60/40 %).
thank u all.
ganshyam

Hello Ghanshyam,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here.

The speaker choice is excellent for the entry level and also will sound good in music. Wharfedale Diamonds also have an edge in Movies.

As per your usage 60% music and 40% movies I can recommend you to stay away from entry level Onkyos. You can audition entry/mid from Denon and Cambridge Audio. Cambridge Audio makes good multichannel amps (read as pre-amps) which are definitely better than denons and Onkyos from Musical capabilities (in entry and mid level amps). Although you won't get features like Upscaling and Audio thru HDMI in Cambridge Audio.
Here are few models you can consider:
1. Denon 1909 - Around 40K
2. Denon 2309 - Around 50K
3. CA 340R (should be less than 35K)
Check if CA 640R is available.

Also Denon has released their 2010 models. 1909 is 1910 in 2010 models. Prices will be likely +5K to +10K for 2010 models.

Happy hunting.

-Ashish

thank your very much friend.

previuosly i was for yamaha 2140, or onkyo 406. but after reading lot into this from you guys. i really think i should go for good avr/amp. one of my friend suggested denon1907, how is it., if possible i want HDMI compatibility beacasue i want to attach it to sony V 40-new launch.
my problem is i m in surat, which has limited availbility and i can not spare time to go for loook out at other cities..

thank your very much to u.. i m really hopefull from my upcoming music system... only because of u people.

bye

....suggested denon1907, how is it., if possible i want HDMI compatibility beacasue i want to attach it to sony V 40-new launch.

Denon 1907 HDMI profile is 1.3a and is compatible with the latest offerings on HDMI connectivity on the LCDs / Plasma.

... i m really hopefull from my upcoming music system...

I would say do not expect a lot if you are considering music. Any AVR (specially the entry levels) cannot excel in music because they are simply not made for it. They are made for multichannel amplification on movie soundtracks which is not very musically involving. For music you need to go towards a 2 channel amp (either integrated or separates). But definitely it depends upon the taste and involvement. I would say if music on Denon sounds good to your ears then you already have the best equipment available for you. This is purely a personal taste and only you can judge if you are satisfied. Enjoy the music and definitely the movies.

-Ashish

Good afternoon to all forum members....

I fully agree with the statement that:

Av receivers can not beat stereo amps, because they are not built for stereo music......rather movie tracks......which has to be fast and forcefull.

So with my 18 years of experimenting with amps and speakers......................

I would suggest :

Go for an entry level av receiver (denon, marantz, sherwood, harman kardon...)

and

a good stereo amp with front floor standers......

Good budget amps include..... Norge, cambridge audio, denon, marantz,harman cardon .... Even few models from yamaha.

Always make sure you use good quality inter connects....

For me its monster.... Always......

Now...... Rock_your_foundation

i listen to pink floyd, ac-dc, scorpions, deep purple, mettalica, mega death, eagles and all the way to the beatles and carpenters to all the way to jagjit singh........

Back