Best Blu-Ray HT around 40k

Guys, im getting a pair of Tannoy's F3 FS for about 20k (which are discontinued now... is that a good deal... what u guys think ?)

Also, as ashish has suggested so far, im gonna pair it with Denon 1610 & a Pioneer Player.

I'm also suggested to go for a Velodyne basic sub, starting at 20k. what does the forum thinks about that ?

&, do u guys suggest any other sub in that price range or less?

Your opinions please...

Guys, im getting a pair of Tannoy's F3 FS for about 20k (which are discontinued now... is that a good deal... what u guys think ?)

Also, as ashish has suggested so far, im gonna pair it with Denon 1610 & a Pioneer Player.

I'm also suggested to go for a Velodyne basic sub, starting at 20k. what does the forum thinks about that ?

&, do u guys suggest any other sub in that price range or less?

Your opinions please...

Tannoy is a good speaker brand so you won't be wrong if you go for it but I would suggest you to audition them with your intended AVR purchase before pulling the trigger.
Velodyne's starts from 30K and not 20K, I think that you are mistaken here.
Velodyne's are good Movie Subs so you won't be wrong but again I would ask you to audition your intended purcahse first and then decide.

Alright, Thanks a lot ashish.

btw, is there any other brand you would suggest for subs, which should not be too expensive. (my use would be movie:music 50:50)

Hi Ashish,
How do you consider Yamaha RX-V665 AVR vs Denon 1610? Yamaha AVR being available thru G-ebay for the same price as the Denon 1610.

Sorry about the abrupt post,

Has anyone seen the LG HB954TB, I got a quote of about 47k for this, anyone of you enquired about this?

Hi Ashish,
How do you consider Yamaha RX-V665 AVR vs Denon 1610? Yamaha AVR being available thru G-ebay for the same price as the Denon 1610.

Yamaha 665 is an average reciever and its earlier model i.e 663 was much better and all rounder but its defenitely better than Denon 1610 and compared more with 1910. If you are buying through global ebay then I guess that the product is US sourced which would mean NO Warranty and operation on 110V rather than 220V for which you will have to spend another 2.5K on a descent step down convertor. If you still think that after taking all these factors it still makes sense to buy a Yamaha then go for it.

Gunner, i have a confirmed quote of Rs 40k.

I guess you need to negotiate much further & as far as the product is confirmed i have read nothing but good reviews for the product from indian as well as foreign tech media.

Gunner, i have a confirmed quote of Rs 40k.

I guess you need to negotiate much further & as far as the product is confirmed i have read nothing but good reviews for the product from indian as well as foreign tech media.
Thanx Vish.

For FS you have to go for auditioning speakers from the likes of Mordaunt Short Avant, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5, Jamo S series, Polk Audio Tsi Series,
Mission M35i, in all of the above speakers except Wharf everything else is between the price range of 11-20K, Wharf around 25-27K.

Yes you will have to spend extra on the speaker cable part but that would be just the fraction of the total cost for eg if you go for 14 AWG DAC speaker cable which should be avaliable around 65-70 Rs. per meter.

Hi Ashish,

As topic is going on the similar lines of my query I am posting here instead of new thread.

I Just bought Denon 1610.Planning to go for 5.1 on step by step. I am planning to get Fronts (FS) and Center for now. I have been suggested Wharfedale vardus for fronts. Can you suggest me a good Fronts(FS) which will cover up lack of Active Sub.Woofer for some time.By the way my interest is 70% Movies and open to good pair of speakers as I already compromised on AVR.

Hi Ashish,

As topic is going on the similar lines of my query I am posting here instead of new thread.

I Just bought Denon 1610.Planning to go for 5.1 on step by step. I am planning to get Fronts (FS) and Center for now. I have been suggested Wharfedale vardus for fronts. Can you suggest me a good Fronts(FS) which will cover up lack of Active Sub.Woofer for some time.By the way my interest is 70% Movies and open to good pair of speakers as I already compromised on AVR.

Since you are looking for FS based setup to pair with Denon 1610 which is a very good entry level AVR, so here you have to be careful at system matching. Denons are considered to be a little on the bright side and since you are more into movies then this extra bit of brightness would match your taste. So we have to look for Speakers which should rather give you balance output Wharfedales are good but they lack definition. I have used Wharfedale Waldus speakers for quite some time and they were really good for the money then but now we have many options, also try the new Diamond 10 series and do look at Diamond 9 series too. Jamo S series with side firing woofer drivers is another option if you are looking for speakers in a budget level otherwise few options to consider are Mordaunt short Avant series (discontinued) so you may find a very good deal on them. Jamo C series is another contender in budget.

Since you are looking for FS based setup to pair with Denon 1610 which is a very good entry level AVR, so here you have to be careful at system matching. Denons are considered to be a little on the bright side and since you are more into movies then this extra bit of brightness would match your taste. So we have to look for Speakers which should rather give you balance output Wharfedales are good but they lack definition. I have used Wharfedale Waldus speakers for quite some time and they were really good for the money then but now we have many options, also try the new Diamond 10 series and do look at Diamond 9 series too. Jamo S series with side firing woofer drivers is another option if you are looking for speakers in a budget level otherwise few options to consider are Mordaunt short Avant series (discontinued) so you may find a very good deal on them. Jamo C series is another contender in budget.

Thanks for short listing the speakers.This week I will be on hunt for taking demo of these speakers.

Friends,
Does anybody know any dealer/show room in Hyderabad for taking the demo of Mordaunt short Avant and Jamo C/S series.

Thanks
Satya.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back