Best commercially available gaming PC

There is a major shortage of desktop graphics cards which has been going on for a while now. Availability of good gaming PCs at reasonable prices is non existent. The best options are, ironically, gaming laptops
+1.

@sidvee - Gaming consoles are another solid option until this GPU shortage is sorted out. You can probably consider this within your budget, not significant but okay for entry-level gaming.

I'm used to playing games on the PC, although I think that some games are best played on PC, such as strategy games, these days I play RTS,Tower Defense, Card based games and these are all best played on PC IMO. I don't even know if these are available for console.

Go for the Series X just for more peace of mind, Series S struggles a little for 4k as per reviews and considering most of the displays are likely to be 4k shortly better to be future proof.

The set of games overall is quiet common for both PC and Xbox (PS has more exclusives) , so after subscribing to Xbox gamepass you/your nephew will have access to tons of games.

Go for the Series X just for more peace of mind, Series S struggles a little for 4k as per reviews and considering most of the displays are likely to be 4k shortly better to be future proof

Go for the Series X just for more peace of mind, Series S struggles a little for 4k as per reviews and considering most of the displays are likely to be 4k shortly better to be future proof.

The set of games overall is quiet common for both PC and Xbox (PS has more exclusives) , so after subscribing to Xbox gamepass you/your nephew will have access to tons of games.
Thanks Flux,
I don't see the series x in amazon, only the s.
Sure I will get the gamepass.
Cheers,
Sid

Prepaidgamer in Bangalore will probably have it in stock. I got mine from them , although I had to buy a bundle compulsorily (which i was ok with since I needed Fifa 22 and extra controller) , you can call and check with them about stock and also if bundle is still mandatory if they mention.

@sidvee check with prepaidgamercard.com my friend got his Xbox from them, but sometimes delivery wait can be 1-2 months too for series X.

Series S is competent in its self, won't be disappointed. It was never meant to be a 4K gaming console. It is so small you can carry it in backpack too.
Price difference is huge between Series S & X. If price is not a constraint, go with X.
You get 4K, better graphics, CD drive, higher storage.

Consoles are easier to operate than you think. Create a Microsoft account, boot the console, login and done.
Xbox requires constant internet to play games, you can connect HDD with blue ray CD's or rips and watch movie on it too.

Gamepass is a boon, you will get 100's of games, you can download and play them. It is Netflix of games, at Rs.800 approx monthly.
All of the Microsoft day one games appear here, also some third party games.
If you go with Gamepass ultimate, you get EA games too and can use same gamepass on PC.
I game daily for 3-4 hours, yet I have tons of game backlog which I am yet to play. In past 3-4 years I haven't bought CD's it is that good.

I use PS only for Playstation exclusives. Most of the games land on Gamepass someday.

Last edited:
If only for Halo, get the Series X.
There's no point in building a PC just for Halo as the basic input mnk is flawed in this game. Huge input lag and the aiming is screwed up here.
Controller has a lot of aim assist. Feels like a aim bot and if your aim is good you can basically close your eyes and still win a 1v1 with a controller.
Get a Series X. 50k and its done.

Offcourse you can plug in a controller on a PC ( That's what im doing, plugged in an Elite ) but why the hassle if the primary aim is Halo.

I already have a basic gaming PC, which has a basic Nvidia Gt710 GPU. I also have many Halo games, along with street fighter, injustice etc. All of these play fine. Only the new Halo Infinite is causing issues.
So as of now my choices are X box console - My nephew already has one at his place so this would be a preferred choice - though he had asked me for a ps5 which I have been unable to get due to availability.
Secondly get a GPU around 40k and upgrade my current setup.
I have dropped the idea of a gaming laptop for now because the utilization is going to be very minimal i.e - only when my nephew visits.
Thanks to the all the FM's who gave suggestions.
Cheers,
Sid

I already have a basic gaming PC, which has a basic Nvidia Gt710 GPU. I also have many Halo games, along with street fighter, injustice etc. All of these play fine. Only the new Halo Infinite is causing issues.
So as of now my choices are X box console - My nephew already has one at his place so this would be a preferred choice - though he had asked me for a ps5 which I have been unable to get due to availability.
Secondly get a GPU around 40k and upgrade my current setup.
I have dropped the idea of a gaming laptop for now because the utilization is going to be very minimal i.e - only when my nephew visits.
Thanks to the all the FM's who gave suggestions.
Cheers,
Sid
You wont find a good enough GPU to run that game at good enough FPS at 40k. ( unless you are planning to wait for months )

Best thing is Series X.
Im not against PCs, i own a powerful PC and i will never turn to consoles, ever. But the present scenario at that budget ( 75k to a lakh ) is just not good enough for a PC.

I just read up a few articles on the XBox Series X support KB/Mouse inherently. How is the practical experience of doing that in FPS games?

Let's say COD series, Wolfenstein, Doom, Gears of War, Crysis etc..

I just read up a few articles on the XBox Series X support KB/Mouse inherently. How is the practical experience of doing that in FPS games?

Let's say COD series, Wolfenstein, Doom, Gears of War, Crysis etc..

Let me try this today, I heard even Halo has support. Not sure.

Also can this playback PC games?
I have no clue on consoles at all. Appreciate all the help I can get. I have a week before I get this halo infinite working else I wouldn't be keeping my word to a 9 year old kid.

Cheers,
Sid
I picked up a nvidia gtx 1650 ti for 36k on Amazon, was delivered today, fired it up and everything is working smoothly (I know I did the opposite of what I asked for in my OP, but what can I say, I felt the most comfortable with it). Awaiting my nephew's visit. - crisis averted, my honour is intact.;)
Bonus for me, I can use it to watch 4k hdr movies, I am not entirely convinced that my nvidia shield pro 2020 is doing the best job for my sony projector.
Thanks for all the help guys.
I will budget 2-3lac for an all out assault PC for gaming in the next few months to keep the little boy happy.
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

• halo_infinite.jpg
    halo_infinite.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I picked up a nvidia gtx 1650 ti for 36k on Amazon, was delivered today, fired it up and everything is working smoothly (I know I did the opposite of what I asked for in my OP, but what can I say, I felt the most comfortable with it). Awaiting my nephew's visit. - crisis averted, my honour is intact.;)
Bonus for me, I can use it to watch 4k hdr movies, I am not entirely convinced that my nvidia shield pro 2020 is doing the best job for my sony projector.
Thanks for all the help guys.
I will budget 2-3lac for an all out assault PC for gaming in the next few months to keep the little boy happy.
Cheers,
Sid

Also go to rptech and register for a 3080/3080ti , might take a year but if that coincides with your upgrade time period will get a great card for a very good price.

@sidvee : A 1650 should cost around 25k. That is an extremely bad price for it. In better days, it used to cost 10k.

Still sells for sub 25k now.

@sidvee : A 1650 should cost around 25k. That is an extremely bad price for it. In better days, it used to cost 10k.

I think it's the 1650 OC and the purchase is for a TI variant. OC seems to be about 25k on Amazon too, did not know there was a ti variant for the 1650 too though

Sorry got all the numbers confused. Got the 2nd one. Both are avialable on Amazon.
Cheers,
Sid

No option ROC, don't how long this will last. Anyways hopefully once the prices come down (if they do), I will get a much higher spec one. My only concern, at-least for using as a media PC is that all the higher end/spec cards come with fans, which I prefer to avoid. Are there any passive GPU's available at higher spec.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Nope unfortunately the higher end cards have very high tdp and hence are all actively cooled. However there do exist whisper quiet models like the MSI Gaming X/Z cards for NVIDIA GPUs and Sapphire cards for AMD GPUs. I have two NVIDIA cards (3090 from Zotac and 3070 from Colorful) and a Sapphire Nitro 6800 AMD card. The last one is hands down the quietest. It is almost impossible to hear it with the PC sitting 1ft away from me.

What is the best commercially available gaming PC that I can buy - needs to be fully stock - plug and play - don't want to mess with adding stuff to it? My budget is around 75k - stretchable to 1 lac. I will use my TV/projector as display.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers,
Sid
Hi,

When my son wanted a gaming PC he reached out to a company in Pune that makes custom gaming PCs.

I only know their Facebook presence so I will link that here: https://www.facebook.com/Gtekcomputers/

The man in charge is called Amey Gokhale.

Disclaimer: Other than purchasing a PC from them, we have no commercial interest in Gtek or Mr. Ghokale.

FYI, my son plays everything from Minecraft to Valorant, Rainbow 6, and RDR2.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back