Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

Borg,

I am not Danny, but let me take a jibe here. Danny can add more or correct me.

The dual driver sub will have more output but it will not be loud necessarily. When we calibrate/setup system, we typically level match the main speakers and sub at the same db level. So, the sub will not be more loud/boomy compared to your mains. What volume you play the mains/sub does not matter because of this.

The dual driver benefit is - for the same loudness, each driver has to move less than if it were a single drive. This reduces the distortions if there are any. Also, if you measure and try to equalize the frequency response from say 20 hz to 80 hz, the sub will have enough headroom if needed.

As for the room - all rooms are different and so is the room response. Whether one driver is sufficient or not cannot be said until its measured. In my opinion, better to start with more and you get a lot for another $150 more.

Very smart!

I am for first come first serve basis. Since anm already asked for it first, he will get it. I was thinking that by kit, you meant 1 servo amplifier and one SW-12-08 driver. I also missed the fact that anm asked for dual sub setup. I think Borg asked about the other kit before me. So I am fine with anything you guys decide.

I want to now find out alternate solution. Can we use 1 servo amp and 1 SW-12-04 driver? Then I will go for that. Others folks who want servo technology can do this I guess. There is also another option for dual sub setup to use 2 SW-12-16FR in parallel. We need to find out from Danny if SW-12-04 and SW-12-16FR are in stock.

My preference now would be servo amp + SW-12-04 driver.

I have plenty of the SW-12-04 woofers in stock. It is the woofer that you need for a single woofer set up.

I have SW-12-16FR's in stock and 200 more currently in production.

They are designed for open baffle applications. If you have the space for them, the daul open baffle servo controlled subs take bass response to another level.

Captain,
am not able to decide between 2 SW-12B drivers or the sonicaps upgrade. Cant go for both together...

You can run two of the SW-12B woofers on one SA-1 amp since the SW-12B's aer 8 ohm woofers. Just add another $99.

You can also go for Sonicap upgrades on the speakers as well.

Order as much as you like. You guys have enough on the list now that the shipping cost per person just got real cheap.

You guys might have to have this all shipped to one of you guys over there and then each of you pay that person your share of the shipping cost and shipping from him to you plus a few bucks for handling all of this.

Hello Danny,

Thank you for the clarification. To summarize, my understanding is as below

1. SW-12-04 + A370PEQ amplifier for single subwoofer applications. SW-12-04 in stock.

2. Dual SW-12-08 + A370PEQ amplifier but only one set available.

3. Dual SW-12-16FR + A370PEQ amplifier for open baffle applications, provided you have space.

4. Single or dual SW-12B + SA1 but I think this is a non servo subwoofer.

For my requirement, I am going with Option 1 (like you also suggested).

Thanks

They are designed for open baffle applications. If you have the space for them, the daul open baffle servo controlled subs take bass response to another level.
How big would be the sub, I mean the dimensions.

Two woofers sharing the load reduces the work load to each of them in half while stil hitting the same SPL levels. Less exertion means less stored energy, even faster stop times, lower distortion (really low already), more headroom, etc. So clearly there are benefits.

You can run two of the SW-12B woofers on one SA-1 amp since the SW-12B's aer 8 ohm woofers. Just add another $99.
Will this have the same advantage as what has been described in the above post highlighted in Red which was mentioned for the servo sub kit?

]Latest updated list with seniority on first come first basis.

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo speaker pair kit
None

Confirmed members for Original X-CS centre speaker kit
None

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo speaker pair kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Stereorules - Hyderabad
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
5. Baswamin - Bangalore (2 pairs)
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
8. josephjohnt -Bangalore
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
11. Anil Kumar - Bangalore
12. Odyssey - Bangalore
13. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 14 pairs

Sonicap upgrade @ $72.40 for X-LS Encore(Best bang for the buck)

1. Capt. Rajesh

Full monty upgrade @ $161.8 for X-LS Encore (Look here for details)
None

Confirmed members for No Rez lining listed @ 39.95
1. Borg

Confirmed members for Encore X-CS Centre speaker kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
5. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 5 Nos

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS surround speaker pair kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
5. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 5 pairs

Confirmed member for Subwoofer kit Dual GR SW-12-08 + Rythmik A370PEQ Servo Sub amp
Anm - Delhi

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit GR SW-12-04 + Rythmik A370PEQ Servo Sub amp
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
Total 2 kits

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit GR SW-12B + SA-1 Sub amp
1. Captrajesh - Chennai (One SA1 with two SW-12B drivers)
2. Amit Keerti - Bangalore
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
4. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
5. Baswamin - Bangalore (SW-12B driver only)
Total SW12B drivers 6 Nos
Total SA-1 amps 4 Nos

Confirmed member for X-Static kit
Odyssey - Bangalore

Sitting on the fence:
1. Vinny_Wills - Encore pair
2. Jls001 - Encore pair + Servo Sub kit

KITS FULLY BOOKED
1. Subwoofer kit Dual GR SW-12-08 + Rythmik A370PEQ Servo Sub amp
2. Subwoofer kit GR SW-12B + SA-1 Sub amp

KITS STILL AVAILABLE AND GROUP BUY IS OPEN UP TO 30.09.2011
1. Original X-LS Stereo pair kit
2. Original X-CS centre speaker kit
3. X-LS Encore Stereo pair kit
4. X-CS Encore centre speaker kit
5. A/V 1RS surround speaker pair kit
6. X-Static Stereo pair kit

GO THROUGH THE THREAD ON AUDIOCIRCLE WHOSE LINK I'VE GIVEN IN THE 1ST POST FOR SOME MORE KITS I.E. X-OMNI FOR FRONT & SURROUND APPLICATION AND X-VOCE FOR CENTRE CHANNEL APPLICATION

Another important piece of info that I forgot to mention. Danny has a few cabinets for X-LS Original/Encore in black finish. can be yours for $125

Last edited:
Hey anm and borg,

Who has the larger room? :)

I am planning this for the new H.T room i am constructing, but cant go more than 200-220sqft and it will be rectangular in shape , perhaps 2:1 length to width ratio

Anyway, since anm booked first he should get it

Capt/danny that is it for me. Now i need to know how much all of it going to cost me

Last edited:
Capt/danny that is it for me. Now i need to know how much all of it going to cost me

The amount is there in the links that you have provided. AFAIK, there is no discount on them. You will save on shipping though. Hope Danny gives us come discount because of the Group buy.:D

Hello Danny,

Thank you for the clarification. To summarize, my understanding is as below

1. SW-12-04 + A370PEQ amplifier for single subwoofer applications. SW-12-04 in stock.

2. Dual SW-12-08 + A370PEQ amplifier but only one set available.

3. Dual SW-12-16FR + A370PEQ amplifier for open baffle applications, provided you have space.

4. Single or dual SW-12B + SA1 but I think this is a non servo subwoofer.

For my requirement, I am going with Option 1 (like you also suggested).

Thanks

Yes, you have it.
All of these amps work with either 110-120 volts or 220-240 volts. I take it that one of those will work for you guys there in India?

Originally Posted by Danny Richie

Will this have the same advantage as what has been described in the above post highlighted in Red which was mentioned for the servo sub kit?

Yes, it will be the same advantage, plus the amp will output more power to the 4 ohm load verses the 8 ohm load. So more power too.

Captain,
am not able to decide between 2 SW-12B drivers or the sonicaps upgrade. Cant go for both together...
I think captain has misunderstood me ..What I'm not able to decide is whether to go for a sub or the sonic caps upgrade for the Encore since cash is the limiting factor ....cant hv both together ..So hv to decide whether to take the sub drivers or to get the cap upgrade and forget the sub for the time being ..

Yes, you have it.
All of these amps work with either 110-120 volts or 220-240 volts. I take it that one of those will work for you guys there in India?

Hello Danny,

220-240V will work in India.

Captrajesh, please add me for no rez lining too. For my other requirements, your final list reflects it correctly.

Thanks

I think captain has misunderstood me ..What I'm not able to decide is whether to go for a sub or the sonic caps upgrade for the Encore since cash is the limiting factor ....cant hv both together ..So hv to decide whether to take the sub drivers or to get the cap upgrade and forget the sub for the time being ..

Yes, reading your post along that of Madurai1978, it appeared to me that you have misunderstood sonicap upgrades to be for the sub instead of the Encore.

As for your question, it depends on movie to music ratio. If you are more into movies than music, then sub would make sense but if you are predominantly into music and see movies only occasionally, the Sonicaps upgrade would be the way to go.

Last edited:
my living room size is ~20x30ft rectengular, with 10ft high ceiling. seating position 12 ft and less free space to keep large subs.
I am also thinking of adding another sub later to have two subs - that may give better response. Since you have only one available, how do I get a matching second one later?

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back