Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

@capt

i am buying the servo sub for sure but which one i will decide after danny's reply to my doubts in post #148
so may be another subcategory needed for the sub to distinguish between servo and non servo

Edit:

Capt, put me on the fence for the remaining dual sub servo,one set i believe already booked by baswamin
i will take the final decison tonight after danny's comment

Last edited:
@Danny

Now , which servo sub design? whether the 2 driver single amp design is too much for a 200-220sqft rectangular room, do i really need the extra spl it provides?I listen at moderate volume. infact i am looking for fast,accurate and tight bass at even at lower volume than loud and boomy, hence the motivation to go servo and reject the other 199$ super deal

is there any other noticeable benefit other than the higher output

This guy made a dual driver for even a smaller room and says one of the reason for doing it is "Two 8 ohm SW-12's seem to play much nicer with one 370W amp, than one 4ohm SW-12 with the single 370W amp (in terms of excursion vs available power"
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1114578

how much does a a370peq weigh?

Borg,

I am not Danny, but let me take a jibe here. Danny can add more or correct me.

The dual driver sub will have more output but it will not be loud necessarily. When we calibrate/setup system, we typically level match the main speakers and sub at the same db level. So, the sub will not be more loud/boomy compared to your mains. What volume you play the mains/sub does not matter because of this.

The dual driver benefit is - for the same loudness, each driver has to move less than if it were a single drive. This reduces the distortions if there are any. Also, if you measure and try to equalize the frequency response from say 20 hz to 80 hz, the sub will have enough headroom if needed.

As for the room - all rooms are different and so is the room response. Whether one driver is sufficient or not cannot be said until its measured. In my opinion, better to start with more and you get a lot for another $150 more.

thanks manojp,
so in your informed opinion, the extra sub at 150$ is definitely worth it ?

If it were for me, I would buy it. But its your money, so wanted to provide info so you can make an informed decision. :)

I am in for the sub kit. Sorry, missed some action yesterday. So what design are we talking about for sub? I think we were discussing 2 woofer sub, or was it some other thread?

I was the first one to confirm for the servo kit! :)

I wanted to clarify my subwoofer requirement. I need servo kit (A370PEQ+SW-12-08) and a single piece of SW-12B (without the SA-1).

put me on the fence for the remaining dual sub servo,one set i believe already booked by baswamin

I was the first one to confirm for the servo kit

After reading Danny's post that only 2 SW-12-08 drivers are available which would make only one sub, I expected this situation.

@Baswamin, we have only solicited participants for the sub kit but dont mistake me for saying that you jumped the gun by listing the exact kit which may or may not be available in the group buy.

I think we should go strictly by the principle of first come first serve.

I solicit views of participants here.

Latest updated list with seniority on first come first basis.

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for Original X-CS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo pair
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Stereorules - Hyderabad
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
5. Baswamin - Bangalore (2 pairs)
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
8. josephjohnt -Bangalore
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
11. Anil Kumar - Bangalore
12. Odyssey - Bangalore
Total 13 pairs

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 Nos

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore (Prefers servo kit + 12B+SA1)
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
Total 4 pairs

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Anm - Delhi
5. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
6. Amit Keerti - Bangalore
Total 6 pairs

Confirmed member for X-Static kit

Odyssey - Bangalore

Sonicap upgrade @ $72.40 (Best bang for the buck)

1. Capt. Rajesh

Full monty upgrade @ $161.8 (Look here for details)

Confirmed members for No Rez lining listed @ 39.95

Sitting on the fence:
1. Vinny_Wills - Encore pair
2. Jls001 - Encore pair + Servo Sub kit

MAKE YOUR PREFERENCES GUYS

I clearly wanted the 2 driver sub, as I have put in my post. I was a little confused whether it was available or not, but I raised my hand for buying first :)

Having said that, whatever you guys decide is fine with me. If not able to decide, do a russian roulette.

ofcourse first come first should be the basis, i wrongly assumed two dual sub are available when infact it was 2 drivers , that solves my confusion of whether to go for dual or single

capt, i am in for the norez

Last edited:
After reading Danny's post that only 2 SW-12-08 drivers are available which would make only one sub, I expected this situation.

@Baswamin, we have only solicited participants for the sub kit but dont mistake me for saying that you jumped the gun by listing the exact kit which may or may not be available in the group buy.

I think we should go strictly by the principle of first come first serve.

I solicit views of participants here.

I am for first come first serve basis. Since anm already asked for it first, he will get it. I was thinking that by kit, you meant 1 servo amplifier and one SW-12-08 driver. I also missed the fact that anm asked for dual sub setup. I think Borg asked about the other kit before me. So I am fine with anything you guys decide.

I want to now find out alternate solution. Can we use 1 servo amp and 1 SW-12-04 driver? Then I will go for that. Others folks who want servo technology can do this I guess. There is also another option for dual sub setup to use 2 SW-12-16FR in parallel. We need to find out from Danny if SW-12-04 and SW-12-16FR are in stock.

My preference now would be servo amp + SW-12-04 driver.

Captain,
am not able to decide between 2 SW-12B drivers or the sonicaps upgrade. Cant go for both together...

Last edited:
I want to now find out alternate solution. Can we use 1 servo amp and 1 SW-12-04 driver? Then I will go for that. Others folks who want servo technology can do this I guess. There is also another option for dual sub setup to use 2 SW-12-16FR in parallel. We need to find out from Danny if SW-12-04 and SW-12-16FR are in stock.
Click on the 4 links (I think the 2nd link) that Borg provided, you doubts will be clear.
Captain,
am not able to decide between 2 SW-12B drivers or the sonicaps upgrade. Cant go for both together...

captain am interested in a pair of x-ls encore, C-LS, A/V1RS + SW if avbl along with full monty upgrade...
It is evident that you guys have not read all the links provided. Sonicaps and full monty upgrades is for the X-LS Encore.:D First read what the upgrades would do and then decide. I'm moving them to relevant location to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Latest updated list with seniority on first come first basis.

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for Original X-CS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo pair
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Stereorules - Hyderabad
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
5. Baswamin - Bangalore (2 pairs)
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
8. josephjohnt -Bangalore
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
11. Anil Kumar - Bangalore
12. Odyssey - Bangalore
13. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 14 pairs

Sonicap upgrade @ $72.40 for X-LS Encore(Best bang for the buck)

1. Capt. Rajesh

Full monty upgrade @ $161.8 for X-LS Encore (Look here for details)

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
5. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 5 Nos

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore (Prefers servo kit + 12B+SA1)
3. Borg - Cochin
5. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 5 pairs

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Anm - Delhi
5. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
6. Amit Keerti - Bangalore
7. Madurai1974 - Mumbai
Total 7 pairs

Confirmed member for X-Static kit

Odyssey - Bangalore

Confirmed members for No Rez lining listed @ 39.95

Sitting on the fence:
1. Vinny_Wills - Encore pair
2. Jls001 - Encore pair + Servo Sub kit

MAKE YOUR PREFERENCES GUYS

Good evening over there fellows. Looks like a woke up this morning to several more pages to go through. I will try to get through as much of this as I can this morning before I have to run off and coach a Saturday morning soccer game.

Okay...

after reading this
Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer products
I am going for the servo sub, even though danny is offering a very good deal $199 for a SA-1 amp and SW-12B

@Danny

Now , which servo sub design? whether the 2 driver single amp design is too much for a 200-220sqft rectangular room, do i really need the extra spl it provides?I listen at moderate volume. infact i am looking for fast,accurate and tight bass at even at lower volume than loud and boomy, hence the motivation to go servo and reject the other 199$ super deal

is there any other noticeable benefit other than the higher output

This guy made a dual driver for even a smaller room and says one of the reason for doing it is "Two 8 ohm SW-12's seem to play much nicer with one 370W amp, than one 4ohm SW-12 with the single 370W amp (in terms of excursion vs available power"
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1114578

how much does a a370peq weigh?

Two woofers sharing the load reduces the work load to each of them in half while stil hitting the same SPL levels. Less exertion means less stored energy, even faster stop times, lower distortion (really low already), more headroom, etc. So clearly there are benefits.

The amps weighs 36 pounds (15.87 kilograms).

That is great news Danny. We will work out who gets what by 1st come 1st basis. What about the pricing of SW-1208 + matching amp?

I buy the amps from Rythmik and make little on them. So I have no wiggle room on those. I'd cut you a deal on the servo woofers but I just ordered another 200 of them and because of the falling value of our US dollar the price of my subs just went up. I will have to reflect that in the price very shortly. They will have to go up to at least $169 each very soon. I will hold the current price for you guys until you have placed your order.

Hi Captain,

add me to the 12B+SA1 for now.

the servo option seems to be be too costly $350 (amp) + $150 (for the driver). Do we need a pair of drivers, not very clear.

Thanks

If you go with the servo option you will just need a single SW-12-04 and A370PEQ amp.

For whoever wants it. I have two of the 8 ohm SW-12-08 woofers left to be used in a daul combo.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back