Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

This looks like a very good deal but Danny mentioned on audio circle that he is not running this deal anymore.

I saw their sub amp SA-1 and was wondering how different it was when compared to servo amp. The SA-1 costs $149 and seems reasonable. Does the servo amplifier get a feedback from the subwoofer to control the subwoofer more accurately? Does that mean there will be additional connection from subwoofer back to the amplifier for feedback? If not, I think SA-1 may also be a reasonable choice for sub amp. May be Danny can clarify on this.

Thanks

The SA-1 is a standard A/B amp with a transform circuit and a steep 20Hz rumble filter. It is ideal (and designed for) open baffle or sealed box designs as the transform circuit will mirror image the roll off that a woofer has in a sealed box or in open baffle designs. The 20Hz filter protects the woofer from being over driven in the lower ranges.

The servo controlled amps are a completely different technology and several levels above. Read about it here: Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer products

If you are you referring to the deal that I gave the link to, you are right; Danny said it is not active anymore but added that he has stocks. So I'm hopeful that he would make an exception for us and include that as well in the deal.

I am running a little low on those SA-1 amps right now and have some plans for the first of next year for the new SA-2 model that will incorporate more flexibility. That is why I no longer have them on sale.

However, since you guys are putting together a pretty good sized order now, I will extend the sale price of $199 for a SA-1 amp and SW-12B woofer. But only for the first 6 people that order them.

Danny
Welcome to the forum. I echo Square_wave in that we are honored to have you here. Apart from the kits mentioned, would you be willing to supply the X-statik kits as well?

thanks
Sridhar

No problem, and I have plenty of those kits in stock. The X-Statik is a personal favorite and the top speaker right now in that series.

Great going captain. Did you guys work out on the payment methods ?

Before /after or never :p ? Sorry if I missed it , point me to the page if it is already discussed here. :)

You guys can pool funds and send one payment or each of you can send payments individually. I can take Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, Paypal, wire transfers... The shipping is something that you guys can work out between you if you want and if that is easier.

I will hear from Sunit later today and he might have some good ideas for shipping product in.

Hopefully I should be able to get 2.1 right. Or at least use it to reinforce the bass on my existing system.

BTW, does the sub go right down to 20 Hz? After listening to Musica Nuda's acoustic cello music on my system, I realised how inadequate is the bass response of a speaker that is limited to 32 Hz. And therefore the NEED to go right down to 20 Hz.

Also, I am completely new to subs - what is the difference between servo and non-servo subs? After listening to Shanti's two Martin Logan Depths reinforcing - no, make that complementing - the outputs of the Tidal Amea Diacera standmounts, I woke up to what subs can do:) Earlier, I naively thought subs are for computers or HTs.

One more Q - what is the meaning of 3 dB at so and so Hz (say 30 Hz)?
Joshua

Subs are often rate their low end extension by where they are 3db down in output. So that is where the -3b down at ... is referring to. How low they play depends on the tuning frequency of the port (if ported), box size, Fs of the driver, Qts of the driver, Vas, etc.

The servo subs can do just about anything you want in that regards. There are low frequency extension filters at 14Hz, 20Hz and 28Hz. So you can decide just ho low you want them to play. And with the 14hz setting the sub really is flat to 20Hz (not down at all) and the -3db point is in the teens.

There is even high, medium, and low damping settings. :)

Think of it as the servo system adds gain as needed to maintain a flat response and then as soon as the signal stops the servo system electrically slams on the brakes. So it not only plays really low, but stops really fast.

I am in for the sub kit. Sorry, missed some action yesterday. So what design are we talking about for sub? I think we were discussing 2 woofer sub, or was it some other thread?

Last edited:
after reading this
Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer products
I am going for the servo sub, even though danny is offering a very good deal $199 for a SA-1 amp and SW-12B

@Danny

Now , which servo sub design? whether the 2 driver single amp design is too much for a 200-220sqft rectangular room, do i really need the extra spl it provides?I listen at moderate volume. infact i am looking for fast,accurate and tight bass at even at lower volume than loud and boomy, hence the motivation to go servo and reject the other 199$ super deal

is there any other noticeable benefit other than the higher output

This guy made a dual driver for even a smaller room and says one of the reason for doing it is "Two 8 ohm SW-12's seem to play much nicer with one 370W amp, than one 4ohm SW-12 with the single 370W amp (in terms of excursion vs available power"
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1114578

how much does a a370peq weigh?

Last edited:
borg - you say "even though...". Are you buying from Danny or from some other source, I am a little confused by your statement.

from danny only, we can either go for the 199$ super deal for the normal sub or go for the better(several levels better as per danny) but much expensive servo sub(danny's driver/design with rhythmicsservo amp)

Last edited:
Great going captain. Did you guys work out on the payment methods ?

Before /after or never :p ? Sorry if I missed it , point me to the page if it is already discussed here. :)
I'm thinking to get sufficient numbers on board first. These things can be worked out later. Danny says that he would even accept individual payments so even that would be good. We can have common shipping to save some dough. For such a huge consignment to come in, if I'm not wrong, we would need an IE code. For one off buy, they give temporary code. Even otherwise, my associate of my project has an IE code. Also, my friend heads Nippon freight forwarding company and we can weigh our options. I'll check these things out.
yes, if someone can comeup with plan to professionally assemble these as per plan for a fee, i am sure the numbers will increase very much, most of the guys( including myself) dont have access to a good carpenter (for these application) or the tools and woodworking skill to build these cabinets.

Building amps is quite easy for me, but speaker cabinets no

Then these could go to one central location and then go back to individual places as finished speakers.

getting a cabinet also done in a kit form (flatpack) also will work.
Our forum member Mathew Syriac knows a carpenter who can do the boxes. Let me ask him.

I am in for the sub kit.
Which one, the Servo controlled (1 is available) or the 12B+SA1 (6 are available)
Count me in for the subwoofer kit. Hopefully I am in the first 6 people for the deal.

Capt. Rajesh sent you a PM as well.

PM not received but I'll add you in the list for 12B+SA1

Edit: PM received.

Last edited:
I had the 8 ohm SW-12-08 woofers made so that a pair of woofers could be used on each amp. It has worked really well. I have two of them left, and won't be running any more of them.

So whoever wants the last two SW-12-08's can have them. A pair of them will give you quite a bit of output.

I will extend the sale price of $199 for a SA-1 amp and SW-12B woofer. But only for the first 6 people that order them.

That is great news Danny. We will work out who gets what by 1st come 1st basis. What about the pricing of SW-1208 + matching amp?

Last edited:
Hi Captain,

add me to the 12B+SA1 for now.

the servo option seems to be be too costly $350 (amp) + $150 (for the driver). Do we need a pair of drivers, not very clear.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Captain,

I will go with Servo amp (A370PEQ) and SW-12-08 driver.

I will also like one more driver for my friend and would pick SW-12B.

For my other requirements, I have already sent a PM.

Thanks
Balaji

Last edited:
Latest updated list with seniority on first come first basis.

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for Original X-CS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo pair
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Stereorules - Hyderabad
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
5. Baswamin - Bangalore (2 pairs)
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
8. josephjohnt -Bangalore
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
11. Anil Kumar - Bangalore
12. Amar Keerti - Bangalore
Total 13 pairs

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 Nos.

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore (Prefers servo kit + 12B+SA1)
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
Total 4 pairs

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit
1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Anm - Delhi
5. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
Total 5 pairs

Sitting on the fence:
1. Vinny_Wills - Encore pair
2. Jls001 - Encore pair + Servo Sub kit

Hi Capt

Please add me for a pair of the X-static speakers, and one pair of the X-ls Encore stereo pair

thanks

Hello Captain,

I wanted to clarify my subwoofer requirement. I need servo kit (A370PEQ+SW-12-08) and a single piece of SW-12B (without the SA-1).
I have made the update below (moved it from surround section to subwoofer section)

Thanks
Balaji

Nil

Nil

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
Total 13 pairs

1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 Nos.

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
Total 4 pairs

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore (Prefers servo kit + 1 piece SW-12B)
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Anm - Delhi
Total 5 pairs

Sitting on the fence:

Nil

Nil

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
3. Arunlouie - Chennai
4. Omishra - Pune
6. Borg - Cochin
7. Novice-akki - Delhi
9. sbg - Bangalore
10. sachu888 - Nashik
Total 13 pairs

1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 Nos.

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore (Prefers servo kit + 12B+SA1)
3. Borg - Cochin
Total 4 pairs

1. Captrajesh - Chennai
2. Baswamin - Bangalore
3. Borg - Cochin
4. Anm - Delhi
Total 5 pairs

Sitting on the fence:

Capt,
couple of corrections
1. I am added in X-LS Encore. I had requested for subwoofer kit actually.
2. my id is amitkeerti (its wrongly added as amar keerti).

thanks
Amit

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back