Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

Captain,
I'm updating the list with josephjohnt and myself included.

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo pair
1. Stereorules - Hyderabad
2. Arunlouie - Bangalore
3. Omishra - Pune
4. Baswamin - Bangalore
5. Borg - Cochin
6. Novice-akki - Delhi
7. Captrajesh - Chennai
8. josephjohnt -Bangalore
9. sbg - Bangalore

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai
4. Josephjohnt - Bangalore

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai

Sitting on the fence:
1. Anm
2. Vinny_Wills
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore - for Subwoofer kit

Josephjohnt, please update if I have not put you in the correct lists.

I think you guys have already reached a level to where it is worth while to have them put on a pallet and shipped together. At this point the ore you order the cheaper it will be per person as the cost to ship doesn't go up that much more with more weight. It might cost more to get the pallet to port from here than the ocean voyage.

You mean the more the better? OK guys, at present I started this groupbuy thread with the sanction of Supermod but this is not an official Groupbuy thread. In view of what Danny states above, cost per person would get lesser and commensurate with the number of participants. I propose that we get an official tag to this thread which may involve donating a percentage of the total to HFV. The advantage would be, it would catch more eyeballs by getting listed on the homepage. Looking forward to views here.

Great going captain. Did you guys work out on the payment methods ?

Before /after or never :p ? Sorry if I missed it , point me to the page if it is already discussed here. :)

No surrounds and centre?

Edit: I get it. 2.1.:eek:

Hopefully I should be able to get 2.1 right. Or at least use it to reinforce the bass on my existing system.

BTW, does the sub go right down to 20 Hz? After listening to Musica Nuda's acoustic cello music on my system, I realised how inadequate is the bass response of a speaker that is limited to 32 Hz. And therefore the NEED to go right down to 20 Hz.

Also, I am completely new to subs - what is the difference between servo and non-servo subs? After listening to Shanti's two Martin Logan Depths reinforcing - no, make that complementing - the outputs of the Tidal Amea Diacera standmounts, I woke up to what subs can do:) Earlier, I naively thought subs are for computers or HTs.

One more Q - what is the meaning of 3 dB at so and so Hz (say 30 Hz)?
Joshua

Latest updated list.

Nil

Confirmed members for Original X-CS Stereo pair

Nil

2. Arunlouie - Bangalore
3. Omishra - Pune
4. Baswamin - Bangalore (2 pairs)
5. Borg - Cochin
6. Novice-akki - Delhi
7. josephjohnt -Bangalore
8. sbg - Bangalore
9. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 10 pairs

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 Nos.

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore
4. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 4 pairs

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit
1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai
Total 3 pairs

Sitting on the fence:
1. Anm
2. Vinny_Wills
3. Josephjohnt - Bangalore - for Subwoofer kit

Shall we extend till month end.
Sure, Why not. Till that we can figure out for boxes.
1. If we get complete knockdown version of unfinished boxes then good.
2. Otherwise at least front baffles should be decided. Rest can be done locally.

Hi Capt.
I may opt for stereo pair.
Captain, one more friend to the list.

Latest updated list.

Nil

Confirmed members for Original X-CS Stereo pair

Nil

2. Arunlouie - Bangalore

Capt, please update my location to "Namma Chennai"

Any decision about the Sonicaps and the damping material?

Any points on the customs yet?

yes, if someone can comeup with plan to professionally assemble these as per plan for a fee, i am sure the numbers will increase very much, most of the guys( including myself) dont have access to a good carpenter (for these application) or the tools and woodworking skill to build these cabinets.

Building amps is quite easy for me, but speaker cabinets no

Then these could go to one central location and then go back to individual places as finished speakers.

getting a cabinet also done in a kit form (flatpack) also will work. Otherwise i am afraid these drivers iam buying is going to be safely packed in a corner at my house for a long time( till i find someone lqualified locally). too much money at stake to experiment

most of the guys( including myself) dont have access to a good carpenter (for these application) or the tools and woodworking skill to build these cabinets.

Bangalore has a surfeit of experienced builders. I can recall off my head George, Anilva, and Anil. May be they can guide and help. I saw Anil's DIY page and he has built some very nice cabinets.
Joshua

Since your day is my night, plus my regular business issues to tend to delays my responses from being timely to all of your questions. Give me a little time though and I will go through all of these posts and answer your questions.

Okay, I have just gone through and answered a lot of questions. If I missed something please let me know. Any other questions are welcome. I am calling it a day now. A good morning to all of you on that side of the world, and thank you all very much for your orders to come.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, are these same drivers used by Rythmik Audio? If it is, then you may want to point out that. There have been some threads here about that kit but many abstained because of shipping. This would be a great deal.

I sell their amps and they sell my woofers. We have been working together on some projects for a while now. There is really nothing better than their patented servo technology. As soon as I heard it I knew I wanted it incorporated into some of my designs and sold as separate subs.

ok - this is getting very interesting, and slightly confusing as well. Maybe coz I am too sleepy right now :)

I am looking at very good SQ and VERY good living room grade looks if I go for a serious 5.x/ 7.x setup. I can anyways go just for the sub and a pair of BS.

Danny, if you can, please look at this thread and make your recommendation for surround setup - http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/20330-5-x-7-x-system-wall-mountable-fronts-center.html

pictures of the room can be seen here. - ImageShack Album - 12 images

Nice looking seating. :)

One thing to keep in mind though is that the room is as integral a part of the system as any other piece of gear. As much consideration as you put into the speakers, you also need to put into the room acoustics. So you may want to consider some tube traps or foam panels or something behind those speakers to break up that bare wall.

You have a lot of good options with that room. It just depends on your budget and what kind of performance you are looking for.

Borg, I would be interested in subwoofer as well. What do you suggest about the amplifier for the subwoofer? The servo amplifier is little expensive like you mentioned.

To summarize, we are adding servo sub driver and damping sheets (No Rez 24"x27" Sheet - NR-24x27) to our list and need to make a decision about the amplifier for the subwoofer.

@Danny, can you also let us know if we can swap M130 woofer in A/V-1RS with M130X woofer and whether it would be beneficial?

Thanks

For the servo sub to work you have to use it with the servo amp. Others wise it is just as uncontrolled as any other woofer. And I know the servo amps are a little more expensive than standard plate amps, but there is a lot of functions on the amp besides just the servo control system. This amp will do just about everything. Have a look at the A370PEQ here:

A370PEQ - A370PEQ

The M130X woofer has a slightly different response curve and a little lower sensitivity than the standard M-130. So they do not interchange.

And I don't see any real gain in using the X version in the A/V-1RS.

Baswamin

glad to know you are in as well for the sub, with this we complete this grand 5.1 project

yes but we need to decide which servo sub we are going to make. let us have a discussion analysing the pros and cons of diffferent options, Danny can guide us as well.

Yes the costly servo amp and its customs duty is the only worrying factor for the sub project, it is the highest cost single item in our package.

manoj.p suggested above to gofor a dual driver setup. i think one amp drives both driver , is the dual driver just for increased output or is there something more to it

yes norez is defenitely in,that is the only upgrade i am considering rightnow, sonicaps etc we can easily add later to satisfy our tweaking needs, there need to be something to do after we listen to this for a year or so .right guys?

Danny to suggest how much we will need for the 5.1 project

Danny earlier said he dont recommend modifying the av rs-1, anyway let his hear his opinion about your woofer suggestion

I had the 8 ohm SW-12-08 woofers made so that a pair of woofers could be used on each amp. It has worked really well. I have two of them left, and won't be running any more of them.

The reason for not making more of them is that Brian is working on new amp designs for next year. The new amps will have a separate control system from the amplifier module, and the amp modules will be interchangeable or will allow additional amp modules to be used with the control section. So basically if you wanted two woofers then you use a pair of the 4 ohm woofers and each woofer gets its own amp module to control it. Instead of buying another whole plate amp with all of the servo control electronics and adjustments, then you just added another amp module only.

So whoever wants the last two SW-12-08's can have them. A pair of them will give you quite a bit of output.

No Rez comes in 24" by 27" sheets. No Rez 24"x27" Sheet - NR-24x27 It cuts easy and installs easy.

One sheet will easily cover all of a pair of X-LS monitors.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back