Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

Santhosh I was just trying to help people here for free so that they may save some money ,I m sorry but that was rude on your part
anyways best wishes for the diyers
Apologies acoustics if I came across as rude. That was definitely not the intent.

Since this group buy is about a "kit" and you posted about cross over(part of the kit) and other components as well, I was only trying to say that we should have a separate thread for it.

Your intention to help DIYers is much appreciated. Please continue to do so.

We also have our servo controlled subs too if you are looking for the best quality bass response on the market (regardless of price).

If I am not mistaken, are these same drivers used by Rythmik Audio? If it is, then you may want to point out that. There have been some threads here about that kit but many abstained because of shipping. This would be a great deal.

Last edited:
ok - this is getting very interesting, and slightly confusing as well. Maybe coz I am too sleepy right now :)

I am looking at very good SQ and VERY good living room grade looks if I go for a serious 5.x/ 7.x setup. I can anyways go just for the sub and a pair of BS.

Danny, if you can, please look at this thread and make your recommendation for surround setup - http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/20330-5-x-7-x-system-wall-mountable-fronts-center.html

pictures of the room can be seen here. - ImageShack Album - 12 images

I am also on the lookout for a sub kit also in addition to the Encore stereo kit ....not decided as yet on what to take...If it can come with this, it would be great ..

Borg:
a Dual 12" driver version would be solid sub. Given the scarcity of good subs in India, I would be all over this.

I think you guys have already reached a level to where it is worth while to have them put on a pallet and shipped together. At this point the ore you order the cheaper it will be per person as the cost to ship doesn't go up that much more with more weight. It might cost more to get the pallet to port from here than the ocean voyage.
Captain,
Since we hv the minimum nos, think we can fix up a last date ? I think 2 weeks from now should be sufficient ....say 23/09/2011 ?

yes, i think you are right see this, it is the amp which is costlier (350$),can we DiY those? drivers are 149$ . what say fello ht'ers capatain and baswamin? we finish our project with one of these

Rythmik Audio • GR servo driver

Rythmik Audio 12" Servo subwoofer " GR 12" Custom Installation subwoofer

SW-12-04 - SW-12-04

The best sounding subs need a solid box...

Borg, I would be interested in subwoofer as well. What do you suggest about the amplifier for the subwoofer? The servo amplifier is little expensive like you mentioned.

To summarize, we are adding servo sub driver and damping sheets (No Rez 24"x27" Sheet - NR-24x27) to our list and need to make a decision about the amplifier for the subwoofer.

@Danny, can you also let us know if we can swap M130 woofer in A/V-1RS with M130X woofer and whether it would be beneficial?

Thanks

Baswamin

glad to know you are in as well for the sub, with this we complete this grand 5.1 project

yes but we need to decide which servo sub we are going to make. let us have a discussion analysing the pros and cons of diffferent options, Danny can guide us as well.

Yes the costly servo amp and its customs duty is the only worrying factor for the sub project, it is the highest cost single item in our package.

manoj.p suggested above to gofor a dual driver setup. i think one amp drives both driver , is the dual driver just for increased output or is there something more to it

yes norez is defenitely in,that is the only upgrade i am considering rightnow, sonicaps etc we can easily add later to satisfy our tweaking needs, there need to be something to do after we listen to this for a year or so .right guys?

Danny to suggest how much we will need for the 5.1 project

Danny earlier said he dont recommend modifying the av rs-1, anyway let his hear his opinion about your woofer suggestion

Last edited:
I am definitely in for a sub as well. Let us create tech discussion thread for the same and keep this thread for buying expressions etc.

Borg, I would be interested in subwoofer as well. What do you suggest about the amplifier for the subwoofer? The servo amplifier is little expensive like you mentioned.

The main feature of this driver is the servo. To take advantage of it, you will have to use the servo amp. Any other amp and the benefit of servo is gone.

The dual driver version will give more output, move more air and will give thumping bass.

That was the ultimate deal. There were some people who used 8 of those drivers and built 4 dual driver subs. Once it got posted, it gained lot of traction and sold out very soon. There were some in stock at DIY Sound Group but he also sold out.

Edit: Never mind. I confused it with the MFW-15 deal. This is different.

Last edited:
This is what I'm referring to: Best subwoofer deal ever!

This looks like a very good deal but Danny mentioned on audio circle that he is not running this deal anymore.

I saw their sub amp SA-1 and was wondering how different it was when compared to servo amp. The SA-1 costs $149 and seems reasonable. Does the servo amplifier get a feedback from the subwoofer to control the subwoofer more accurately? Does that mean there will be additional connection from subwoofer back to the amplifier for feedback? If not, I think SA-1 may also be a reasonable choice for sub amp. May be Danny can clarify on this.

Thanks

OK guys, here is the latest list:

Confirmed members for Original X-LS Stereo pair

Nil

Confirmed members for X-LS Encore Stereo pair

1. Stereorules - Hyderabad
2. Arunlouie - Bangalore
3. Omishra - Pune
4. Baswamin - Bangalore
5. Borg - Cochin
6. Novice-akki - Delhi
7. Captrajesh - Chennai

Confirmed members for Encore C-LS Centre speaker

1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai

Confirmed members for A/V 1RS

1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai

Confirmed members for Subwoofer kit

1. Baswamin - Bangalore
2. Borg - Cochin
3. Captrajesh - Chennai

Sitting on the fence:

1. Anm
2. Vinny_Wills

That was the ultimate deal. There were some people who used 8 of those drivers and built 4 dual driver subs. Once it got posted, it gained lot of traction and sold out very soon. There were some in stock at DIY Sound Group but he also sold out.

If you are you referring to the deal that I gave the link to, you are right; Danny said it is not active anymore but added that he has stocks. So I'm hopeful that he would make an exception for us and include that as well in the deal.

Danny
Welcome to the forum. I echo Square_wave in that we are honored to have you here. Apart from the kits mentioned, would you be willing to supply the X-statik kits as well?

thanks
Sridhar

If you are you referring to the deal that I gave the link to, you are right; Danny said it is not active anymore but added that he has stocks. So I'm hopeful that he would make an exception for us and include that as well in the deal.

I confused it with the MFW-15 deal that Danny offered sometime back. The one that you linked looks like is in stock but at higher price. As you said, may be he can make an exception. hope for the best. :D

Hi Captain,

Please add me to the list for a 5.0 setup with the following X-LS Encore Stereo pair, Encore C-LS Centre speaker and A/V 1RS. I will confirm about the sub-woofer once the decision and price is known.

Thanks
Joseph:yahoo:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back