Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

Hello Captain Rajesh,

I would like to join this group buy and my requirements are as follows:

1. 2 sets of X-LS Encore

2. 1 X-CS Encore

3. 1 A/V-1RS (this is not part of the original sale but Danny mentioned he can send this in same consignment)

I assume you are collating the information before sending it to Danny. Please add my requirement to your final list.

Thanks

I desinged a real solution for a wall mounted surround in my A/V Series: A/V-1RS - A/V-1RS

I can see that the Sonicaps and Erse Inductors are standard. Going by the photograph, the tweeter looks like the one on Original X-LS. Can that be replaced with the one on Encore for $40 more? Also, what about Mills resistors? Are these upgrades worth the additional dough?

Where is captrajesh?, he too was in for a 5.0 system

c'mon guys help me to get that 15% discount

Hey Borg, I'm the OP; where can I go? :D Courtesy Baswamin and Borg, I got some HT gyan just in time or else I was planning to get 2 sets of X-LS Encore. I think that the A/V-1RS - A/V-1RS is a better option for surrounds. I'm changing my preference.

Captain, we need to put some timeline to get this closed. What you say?

Yes guys, that is what I said in the initial post. Rather than setting the deadline as per my whim, I asked participants to suggest it.

I think we also need to find out if any minimum qnty will be required to make this work ?
Danny was suggesting that we take a pallete consignment. Wonder how many kits that would be?

There was a deal for subwoofers sometime back on AC but Danny said that is not active anymore. Maybe Danny makes an exception for us to fill up the pallette.:p

I can see that the Sonicaps and Erse Inductors are standard. Going by the photograph, the tweeter looks like the one on Original X-LS. Can that be replaced with the one on Encore for $40 more? Also, what about Mills resistors? Are these upgrades worth the additional dough?

Correct. We are eager to know about all other possible worthy upgrades.
BTW, What about the Sonicaps mentioned by Danny for modification? Is this different from the one in stock?

BTW, What about the Sonicaps mentioned by Danny for modification? Is this different from the one in stock?

The pair that won the Stereomojo speaker shootout is made by Skiing Ninja has upgraded components like Sonicaps $72.4 for a pair, Mills resistors $29.4 for a set of 6 (3 per speaker) and Erse XQ Inductors $60 for a pair which will be additional which has beaten many reputed brands hands down.

There are people who swear by good caps and resistors, and then there are some who say there is no difference as long as values are a close enough match to the original design. One thing is for sure, you need good drivers, good amp, a good source and good recordings to be able to make out the difference between different caps and resistors and even then the difference is going to be small, rather than night and day.

There are people who swear by good caps and resistors, and then there are some who say there is no difference as long as values are a close enough match to the original design. One thing is for sure, you need good drivers, good amp, a good source and good recordings to be able to make out the difference between different caps and resistors and even then the difference is going to be small, rather than night and day.

Right. Not to mention a good x-over. But, we're covered there, aren't we? :D

Originally Posted by Danny Richie
I desinged a real solution for a wall mounted surround in my A/V Series: A/V-1RS - A/V-1RS

The A/V-1RS uses our GR-T3 tweeter. It is not the same tweeter as used in the Classic X-LS. It is a little higher performance model and they are all pre-tested, measured, and matched in pairs.

It can not be swapped out for other tweeters without a crossover redesign.

I don't recommend any other upgrades for them in the application that they are used for. They are very good as is.

I think we also need to find out if any minimum qnty will be required to make this work ?

I think you guys have already reached a level to where it is worth while to have them put on a pallet and shipped together. At this point the ore you order the cheaper it will be per person as the cost to ship doesn't go up that much more with more weight. It might cost more to get the pallet to port from here than the ocean voyage.

There was a deal for subwoofers sometime back on AC but Danny said that is not active anymore. Maybe Danny makes an exception for us to fill up the pallette.

I sold out of the MFW-15's if that was what you were thinking about.

Any of the kits can be upgraded. A cap upgrade to Sonicaps is the biggest bang for the buck and that can be done on the stock crossover real easy.

Here is a pic of the crossovers for the larger three way X-Statik's. As you can see the caps have been upgraded to Sonicaps.

upgradedcrossover.jpg

This is kind of true. With a high end system the differences are not subtle and are real easy to hear. That differences does go down though as gear quality goes down. A bunch of noisy gear tends to mask the clarity gained from high quality caps. But even with most budget gear you can still hear a difference in a side by sdie A/B comparison.

Hey Borg, I'm the OP; where can I go? :D Courtesy Baswamin and Borg, I got some HT gyan just in time or else I was planning to get 2 sets of X-LS Encore. I think that the A/V-1RS - A/V-1RS is a better option for surrounds. I'm changing my preference.

@capt
glad you are back:D

Ok so three guys for the 5.0 ht pack with encores and A/V-1RS.
these look too heavy to bring in a checkin bag.i can use that luggage space space to bring a 500$ umc-1 to drive these
so i will join you guys

some logistics experts here please suggest some way to reduce the customs duty.

Last edited:
Glad to see this group buy picking pace.

@Danny, what is the difference between M130 and M130X woofers that are used in A/V-1RS? Will that be a worthy upgrade from M130 to M130X in A/V-1RS?

I also like Borg's idea of getting damping sheets. This will help us when building enclosures.

Hi everybody, its quite nice to read that so many people believe in the process of DIYing
I am a designs engineer by profession and I have many links with the people who can do a nice job of making the cabinets exactly to the numbers and in both polished or vinyl finishs.
Also I would like to let you ppl know that there are ppl here in India who are very much capable of assembling the crossovers here in India at less cost but they use customized audio grade capacitors manufactured by our very own Indian brands. These capacitors are expensive but not as much as sonicaps, but there performance is remarkable.
So if you guys can make up your minds and let me know a quantity of cabinets, their size dimensions, material required I can wake up my contacts and get u all a quote and the same goes for the crossovers.if there are any ports involved I can design them and they can be made on a cnc using PP material.

Acoustics, not a nice idea to talk about your services on an existing group buy thread. Start your own thread.

I contacted Sunit from Peerless of India asking about some assistance in the logistics. These guys deal with international shipping all the time. So he may be a big help. This was his response:

Off course Danny! Just send me Pallet details - Weight and volume details and I will come back to you on this. Most important what locations (Cities?) these guys are in?

Best from Indy,
Sunit

He is in Indianapolis, India (in the US) right now at the Cedia show and will be calling me tomorrow.

My SW-12B woofers are available and I can discount those as well. We also have our servo controlled subs too if you are looking for the best quality bass response on the market (regardless of price).

Adding No Rez is no problem either. No Rez easily tightens up the bass response giving you a cleaner bass and lower vocal ranges. No Rez is made exclusively for GR Research and is not available in Delhi or elsewhere.

Santhosh I was just trying to help people here for free so that they may save some money ,I m sorry but that was rude on your part
anyways best wishes for the diyers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back