Best horor movies

@hydra,

Would you say 'Salo' and 'Serbian film' are more difficult to endure than Cannibal Holocaust?

[/url]

I have watched both serbian film and hannibal holcuast. I would say serbian film was very disgusting. I removed the movie instantly after watching. Even with the animal killing, I didn't find hannibal to be scary or disgusting than a serbian film.

@hydra,

Would you say 'Salo' and 'Serbian film' are more difficult to endure than Cannibal Holocaust?

I went down that gore-fest road last year starting with a few Alexandre Aja films like Haute Tension, Hills have Eyes and stopped with Cannibal Holocaust (as animal torture, especially tortoise was a bit too much to handle for me)....

The only thing I found hard to watch in Cannibal Holocaust was the animal torture. That was a bit too much, indeed. And I quite enjoyed that movie. A Serbian Film is worse. Salo is revulsion cloaked in art, so it is watchable without being creeped out. It is just really really disgusting.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out once I'm home.

One of the disturbing (non horror) movies I enjoyed very much recently is Shame. Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan are awesome actors, and Fassbender really pulls the viewer into the pain, suffering and self loathing he inflicts on himself because of his addiction. It was among the best movies of 2011 for me.

I was stunned by the Blair Witch Project when I first saw it. liked it for its novel idea at the time of release. a good example of the UNSEEN horror. the ambiance, a great part of any horror movie is created with minimal effect, just by the story line [....or the lack of it!]

also, loved IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS

GRUDGE is a SHEERE HORROR....

in hindi, well.... i was truely thrilled after watching BHOOT as well as VASTUSHASHTRA. must be considered two of the better movies by RGV.
a recent hindi favourite is "?" [Found Footage].... yep a practical photocopy of BWP. but, nice effects for hindi cinema... much more convincing than the likes of RAAZ, 1920, etc.....

How can you forget A Tale of Two Sisters,

I generally don't get scared by horror movies but this one is spine chilling

Watch it and tell me,
MV5BMjA2NDcwMjI4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0OTgyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

and this one is a masterpiece. Don't go for the hollywood remake. Watch the original
Honogurai mizu no soko kara (Dark water)

MV5BMzkyMzkzNDYwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg3MzAzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

how about the old japanese classic 'kwaidan'? but not that scary though.

i recently saw the korean movie 'bedevilled' - quite the slasher.

Hindi - KJo's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna :lol:
What makes you think this is Horror?
I can understand if you say comedy since some of the characters crying can make you laugh.
Hindi
1) AAG ( RGV)
2) Yaadein - Subhash Ghai
3) Hum 60 - 60 hain!
4) Ra - One
5) Paheli ( Shahrukh as romantic ghost - horrible!)
6) Ganga Jamuna sarswati
What makes you think this is Horror?
I can understand if you say comedy since some of the characters crying can make you laugh.
1. Rok Sako toh Rok Lo
(Starring Sunny Deol, Produced by So-called Management Guru "Arindam Chaudhary")
"Dare to think beyond good movies !!"

2. The Last Lear (Starring Amitabh Bachchan,..again Produced by 'Arindam Chaudhary')
The biggest horrible experience of my lifetime !
I said Horror not Horrible. Firstly I have little time to spare out of my busy schedule and added to that I have to waste my precious time on this crap? Never!

Why watch Horror Movies? Just switch on the TV any evening and watch a News Channel.....enough of horror to give you sleepless nights....

All of you guys are "frauds" like the "free media" in India... :eek:hyeah: Because nobody mentioned the "Horror of Horrors" kings ... How can you all forget Ramsey brothers production movies :eek:hyeah:

Oops! do they fall under the "Comedy" classification? :)

--G

All of you guys are "frauds" like the "free media" in India... :eek:hyeah: Because nobody mentioned the "Horror of Horrors" kings ... How can you all forget Ramsey brothers production movies :eek:hyeah:

Oops! do they fall under the "Comedy" classification? :)

--G

I apologize !! I loved Ramsay brothers' Zee Horror Show....
Still remember the series "Saaya"... STill I see one and only ghost in my dreams ...Vikranta Jabbar ..(played by Guru Dronacharya of 'MahaBharat')

Saaya Part 1 - YouTube.FLV - YouTube

I generally avoid the cheesy z-grade garbage like the ones by directors Fulci and Argento as well as the teen slasher crap.

The following are my personal favorites(great direction and performances)

The Exorcist
The Omen(original version)
Damien - Omen 2
Psycho(original Hitchcock version)
Bram stoker's Dracula(Coppola)
Martyrs(French)
Audition(Japanese)
3 Extremes(Japanese)
A Tale of Two Sisters(Korean)
Ju-on(Japanese)
The Exorcism of Emily rose

to add to the list:

Pan's labyrinth (spanish) (not much horror into it, but if you watch alone and think negative...you may feel horror)
the shining
clover-field (occasional horror experience, yet so thrilling)
the ring

wrong turn part 1,2,3,4

I must say you people watch The Shining

A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.

and Orphanage (2007) : A woman brings her family back to her childhood home, where she opens an orphanage for handicapped children. Before long, her son starts to communicate with an invisible new friend..... This is more of a thriller but its beautiful movie.

Some more recommended movies by me are :

28 Days Later 28 Days Later... (2002) - IMDb

The Descent

MV5BMjA5NzQ1NTgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUxMzUzMw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Ju-on: The Grudge (2002) Please watch the original version which is called Ju-on with subtitles. don't go for Hollywood remake.

MV5BMTM4NDIwMTYxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ2ODUyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

The Hills Have Eyes

MV5BMzk0MTg5MzEyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUyMzIzMQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Halloween (1978)

MV5BMTY0Nzk0NTk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ3NTk0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Watch some of these and of you like, tell me I will give some more name.

BTW I have a very special French Horror thriller movie. I will give you the name tomorrow.......:p

I love horror movies and I dont get scared by watching them, Paranormal Activity and Poltergeist (1982) was the best horror movies that I have seen.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back