Best IPS Monitor

In my opinion this will be a waste of money. I don't feel much of a difference in IPS panels when watching movies or videos. Use your laptop for the time being and save money for a bigger screen size.

I do use IPS panel on my desktop but that is used for post-processing of photographs.

If you want better colors, calibrate your present display. If you want a larger screen, save money like I have earlier said.

LG and Atech have e-ips models at 10-11k but they are hard to find.

PLus for movies and what not ips though better colours, can suffer from minor ghosting and a lack of speed.

You can honestly safely go for a tn or va panel unless you're doing video or graphic editing.

I think by putting 10 k more in your budget, you can get good laptop with all latest specification which you want. Why you want to waste your money in buying IPS monitor just for watching movies. Still if you are interested then must go for ACER S220HQLbd Slim LED monitor. The screen size is 21 inches and you can get this model with in 9 to 10k including tax.

I use Dell WFP2408 supposedly IPS panel (some are S-PVA I think depending on where panel is sourced from). I got it to process photographs but 4 years later I am yet to buy a DSLR :rolleyes:

I would recommend you go for IPS if you are into hobby photography else just look at what is affordable at a price/feature point.

--G0bble

Once you get onto the IPS bandwagon, its hard to go elsewhere later.

The best bang for the buck IPS is AOC i2353Ph for around 12.5k. If you wish to spend more, you have the Dells.

Not sure how good or bad that philips is. Specs look nice for the price.

@gobble I thought all 2408WFP displays were S-PVA. Do you see a violet tinge on the screen at extreme angles? If not, its definitely not an IPS.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back