Best matching speaker for NAD C350

Hi,

2 suggestions

1) go DIY way
2) bear with sony for the time being and gather money for next year to buy better speakers.

Went through your thread about dismantling sony speakers. no wonder i never liked there bog -fat speakers but liked the sound of their boom boxes with single driver speakers

Hi,

2 suggestions

1) go DIY way
2) bear with sony for the time being and gather money for next year to buy better speakers.

Went through your thread about dismantling sony speakers. no wonder i never liked there bog -fat speakers but liked the sound of their boom boxes with single driver speakers

Hi Jaudere,
The first option is quite not feasible for me, going by the lack of time and resources. And you never know what the final outcome of the DIY would be. If the final sound is not as per your liking then there is no other way but to live with the speakers which you will not enjoy neither you can dispose them off.
The second option is much more favourable. I don't want to make a hasty descision and repent later. I can listen to my Sonys now for sometime ;)

Vivek, that would be better. Ultimately speakers are the biggest factors in deciding the final sound. And the more you can save up, the better. If you go something average now, it wont be easy to live with and then you wont be able to dispose of it easily either.

To the best of my knowledge, no body keeps CA stuffs in Pune. You have to get it from Mumbai. I called up Alliance4 in Mumbai yesterday for CA S30 speakers, and they quoted about 9K over phone.

The best speaker I heard so far with NAD326 amp is MA BR2 RS1 silver. But its about 40K. The same speaker might go very well with your NAD amp as well. You can listen to RS1 in Pune in AVXellence, Dhole Patil road.

So, the CA seems to be the public choice! Going with the goodwill about these speakers, I am left with no other choice but to audition the CA speakers paired up with my NAD.
Now have to hunt for the dealers in Pune who stocks CA stuffs.
Thanks all for providing your valuable inputs. This forum rocks! :clapping:

Hi,

2 suggestions

1) go DIY way

Can you please direct me to a link in this forum on DIY speakers.

P.N. Reddy

vivek.saikia,

You can get the PSB Atom Minitors for Rs 15K ( negotiated ) in Mumbai. From one angle 10k and 15k are not too far away. The Paradigms are very good speakers and are very much in the same league as PSB etc..

It is good to have a fixed budget but i really dont see much value in speakers less than 10K because you will feel short somewhere down the line.. unless you get good used speakers less than 10k which is again very unlikely.

thats my two bits..

regards,
mpw

So, a few speakers which I am putting in my "To be Auditioned with NAD" bucket, are:

1. MA BR2 RS1 (Too pricey for me, but audition will not cost me any money:eek:hyeah:)
2. CA s30 (Good price, within my current budget. But finally it's all about the sound)
3. PSB Atom Monitors (Good reviews on the net. Have to check out the actuals)
4. PSb bookshelves (which Magma owns, but I really don't what Magma owns :rolleyes:)
5. Wharfedale 9.2

Please feel free to add on to the list if you feel that I am missing out something.
While suggesting, please keep in mind that I do not have a big fat wallet. Budget at max can be stretched till 16k (after some months of saving).

quad bookshelves.
Why not wait for 5-6 months and save more for better speaker.

regards

So, a few speakers which I am putting in my "To be Auditioned with NAD" bucket, are:

1. MA BR2 RS1 (Too pricey for me, but audition will not cost me any money:eek:hyeah:)
2. CA s30 (Good price, within my current budget. But finally it's all about the sound)
4. PSb bookshelves (which Magma owns, but I really don't what Magma owns :rolleyes:)
5. Wharfedale 9.2

Please feel free to add on to the list if you feel that I am missing out something.
While suggesting, please keep in mind that I do not have a big fat wallet. Budget at max can be stretched till 16k (after some months of saving).

5. Wharfedale 9.2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

vivek.saikia,

normally auditions of pricier speakers are not recommmended as they may sway your mind and budget. Just look at the PSB ( I think Magma owns B15 Image PSB ) and Paradigms and ofcourse anything else which other friends might have suggested roughly the same price bracket.

I have heard the PSB B15.. its good.. Lakozy in Mumbai may have old stocks of this. The new version is the PSB B5 which is about 18k.

regards,
mpw

Just to clarify it is the "paradigm atom monitors" and the "PSB alpha b1". And it is not MA BR2 RS1, it is MA RS1.......and MA BR2, these are two separate speakers. The BR2 from MA's bronze series, and the RS1 from MA's silver series. The BR2 is very good, but overpriced in India, and if you have the budget for that you may as well buy the Usher S520 which is decidedly a superior speaker.

Regarding the Paradigm and the PSB, I've auditioned both in my thread on speakers. Both are very good speakers. The Atom monitors image like no other speakers I've heard, but their small size (they're even smaller than the B1s) means that their bass capabilities drop a shade beyond what I'd like. If you're pairing it with a good clean sub it should be superb. the PSB Alpha B1 is bigger and is therefore a more complete speaker, although it doesn't quite image like the Atom Monitor.

I haven't properly compared the S30 to either of these, but I have a feeling they'll be, if not as good, only very slightly short of these, which is what makes them exceptional value for 8000 bucks. All the best, and happy auditioning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard the PSB B15.. its good.. Lakozy in Mumbai may have old stocks of this. The new version is the PSB B5 which is about 18k.

regards,
mpw

i doubt the newer PSB Image series bookshelves would cost 18k
especially since the older ones cost 21k

i think the entry level PSB alpha B1 costs 15-16k today

i doubt the newer PSB Image series bookshelves would cost 18k
especially since the older ones cost 21k

i think the entry level PSB alpha B1 costs 15-16k today
================================================

magma.. you are right. i remember lakozy quoting me 25K for B6 and about 22k for the B5

apologies..

regards,
mpw

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back