Best online music streaming service in india?

ShutterX

What do you think is the best high quality music streaming service in India? There are some lovely streaming services like tidal.com which do not work here. I havent been able to find any that seem to operate here Including Google Music. iTunes is very commercial and focus more on diversity than quality.

And by high quality i dont mean massive 24/192 quality music, but really really good quality mastering and recording. I know one such youtube (yes, youtube!) channel. I just listen to stuff on my M50s. And it sounds REALLY good. Better than some of my FLAC.

Id like to hear your thoughts on the stuff on that channel. Play these tracks on your systems and let us know what you feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbNhLuAjBk

Any other such sources would be eye opening too.

Cheers!

I did once, just as a trial ..... but since most of the time I use spotify on my mobile when I am driving, it did not make much difference on my car audio speakers, so reverted back to free. But there are other advantages of paid account which I do miss.

Makes sense, I have never felt the need to go over 320kbps mp3 for car audio myself. Perhaps ill try it after my first ever hifi setup is done. However $10 a month is kinda steep if you ask me.

yep 10USD is kinda steep. wish there was a sharing option much like Netflix, then I would have taken the offer with a willing member.

Yep been there, done that ...... but the shear amount of Indian Music content spotify has cannot be surpassed ......

Yep been there, done that ...... but the shear amount of Indian Music content spotify has cannot be surpassed ......

Although i am not one for Indian music much, i can understand how that could be relevant while making a choice. I have a choice of music that causes even spotify to return a result saying cannot be found. Very irritating.

What quality do you think the free version have? 320 kbps? Or less?

For anyone using the paid version of Spotify, how do you make the payment? They do not accept anything but a credit card that is from a country where they provide service.

Have you tried the 30 days free trial? Are you convinced that you want to use the paid service? I guess paypal could be tried. Cannot confirm yet.

Although i am not one for Indian music much, i can understand how that could be relevant while making a choice. I have a choice of music that causes even spotify to return a result saying cannot be found. Very irritating.

What quality do you think the free version have? 320 kbps? Or less?

I am not talking about 2000+ music collection, though yes that is there as well, what I was surprised was the collection of music from as late as 1950s to 1980s, some of the rare collection from great music directors like Ravi, Madan Mohan, SD Burman were present there in spotify, that was a surprise and that is what I am appreciating.

I went for a promo option where I was getting 3 months for 10USD (15.99 via Jerry Cards)

Yes .... you need an application called AirFoil. AirParrot2 also does the same. Both are paid but you can have a trial version try it out.

I went for a promo option where I was getting 3 months for 10USD (15.99 via Jerry Cards)

Cool. let us know how it is, what advantages it has and most importantly, what happens when you choose high quality audio streaming.

Back