Best Speakers under 50K

Jagat

Best Speakers under 50K

To continue Manek's post from http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/4-marantz-cd5001-cd-player.html

Speaker should be discussed in another section but since you asked....
my choices would be in this order

1) Cadence Arita - standmounts
2) Maggie's - MMG or MG12
3) Quad 12L - Standmounts
4) Quad 21L - Floorstanders
5) Monitor Audio Silver - Standmounts & floorstanders

Manek.

Thanks for the feedback Manek. Any idea where I can hear the Maggies in India?

Audio Vision India and their dealers should carry maggies. In bombay they are readily available for demo at AVI. You could get in touch with them from their website.

manek.

HI Jagat,
Please mention your listening preferences:
1. What Genres you listen to mainly?
2. Room Size ?
3. How loud ?
4. Any particular inclination towards Bass, Mids or highs ?
5. Anything else you would like to specify as your personal preference ?
Edit/Delete Message

Without these details, its too difficult to help you out rightly.

HI Jagat,
Please mention your listening preferences:
1. What Genres you listen to mainly?
2. Room Size ?
3. How loud ?
4. Any particular inclination towards Bass, Mids or highs ?
5. Anything else you would like to specify as your personal preference ?
Edit/Delete Message

Without these details, its too difficult to help you out rightly.

Hi Dr. Bass. here are the details!

I mainly listen to rock and jazz

My room size is 5x5 metres

I generally listen to music and moderate levels however sometimes I would like to crank up the volume (when I get into the mood).

Sure I love to hear the rumbling lows on certain tracks.

I prefer musical speakers and not very analytical ones that provide detail and sound clinical.

I will be using either of the following combo as source/amplification:

NAD C352 Amp + C542 CD Player for Rs. 58K

Cambridge Audio Azur CA 640C v2.0 + CA 640A v2.0 for Rs. 48K

Thanks

Jagat,
Rock and Jazz are two very different genres. A speaker performing both of them really well is not easy to find (atleast when you are on a budget).
I would suggest you can try out

1. Monitor Audio RS-6
2. Kef iQ5/7
3. Dali Concept/Ikon Series
4. Acoustic Portrait MS-301 (A Bangalore based brand, which makes high quality speakers) check out www.corrson.com, www.acousticportrait.com .

hi jagat,

what type of speakers u want? floorstander or bookshelf?...let me know, i will suggest u some good ones in each category under 50K.

Then u shud look at the following models:

1. Morduant Shorts - Cant really tell u the exact models but they have two to three models under 50K - very decent pairs..u will love these guys simply....very sweet and sophisticated sounding - 3 yrs warranty - UK brand
2. Energy - Again the same case..u need to check the models n u will get few models under 50K - very strong, sweet sounding and solid bass response from small drivers... all made in canada - 3 yrs warranty - Canadian brand
3. B&W - DM 309 around 40K and DM 602 S3 - both r excellant pairs .....they give the best drivers among all here...timing is accurate - all made in UK - 5 yrs warranty - u need to pay only labour charges in the last two years - UK brand
4. KEF - Q7, Q5 and Q4 also iQ5 or 7....check the prices...if ur listening is mainly vocal based n u want damn good looking speakers too...then these r the ones for u...excellant cabinet finish and very crisp sounding speakers....3 yrs warranty - UK brand
5. JBL - E90....these are not very high quality but they are extremely powerful...and go very very loud...so if u r the one hu party every night...pick them up...comes with 2 year warranty and are the tallest among all...price - 45K - 2 yr warranty - american brand
6. Jamo - E680...they are also one of the good looking pairs...sounds pretty good...price around 40K - 5 yr warranty - Denmark (european)
7. Wharfedale - hmm...they have a model which costs around 30 K has three 8 inch drivers - two for bass, one for mid and a silk woven tweeter...excellant soundstaging from this budget...almost as tall as the JBLs..u'll surely fall in love with it...i recommend this highly - 1 yr warranty - UK brand
8. Monitor Audio - they have 1 model in gold refernce series that is around 50K - 3 yr warranty - UK brand
9. Klipsch - Some refernce series model are around 50K...very good, powerful and sweet compared to its other american counterparts...excellant bronze driver....5yr warranty - american brand

All these speakers are worth having...i could have also referred u the Definitive technology, Dynaaudio, Elac, ProAc, Boston Acoustics, Polk Audio, Infinity (very good but starts from 65K)...or some more but they are not worth their price point and as good as these fellows above!

All the European brands are excellant buys and u will notice that they are all sweet sounding pairs with very good soundstaging..however Klipsch is slightly exceptional from the american brands....followed by Energy and JBL..

If u cud stretch urself by another 10K then there is no other speaker in the market like the B&W DM603 S3.....if this is at level 1 then others start at level 5! simply outstanding.....

however if u r still not sure..can give me a call on 9313707940 as i have auditioned almost every brand, very deeply and have taken almost an year to get a hang of which is the best and worth investing..my decisions are neither influenced by any review or brand value or awards...if something is good...u will surely notice...how many people u'll find here who recommend a Wharfedale???..none...i can bet on a one on one competition with a floorstander of similar config...n these guys will surely impress!

cheers n take care...
Sandeep Tiwary

Hi - as recommendations are aplenty - Jagat, do consider a good bookshelf that has good bass extension and can handle plenty of power.

We would recommend the Dynaudio Audience 52 (MRP 58,000). It is a superb standmount speaker and can outdo floorstanding rivals at this price point. Consider the fact that a two way crossover is much easier to manage, design and integrate - also add the increased cabinet size, of a floorstander, that (at this price point) will add to 'coloration' and not just to bass extension.

www.dynaudio.com

Do let us know what you consider.

Sound Advice
from

The QUAD 12L may not suit your system setup and I think they are highly overrated.

Check out the KEF IQ5 for excellent clarity, soundstage and detail. They are a great buy (37K) for their price.

The other one I would recommend would be the Tannoy Fusion 4.

I need help choosing an AV receiver. Although Yamaha seems to be a favorite on most forums, I find the sound to bright. Likewise, I find Denon too Dry. The best I have ever heard is Nakamich Soundspace in terms of clarity and detail. However my interests do not lie with integrated mini-systems. I am now seriously considering the pioneer VSX1016. What would you recommend? Has anyone heard the pioneer VSX 1015 or 16. How much would these cost?

I also need help choosing between the following floor standing speakers to complement a 150W/channel receiver like the ones mentioned above. I would like to maximize the sound quality/price ratio. Also could you tell me how much these would cost and where to purchase them from in Delhi.

1) Dynaudio Audience 122
2) JMLab Chorus 726 S
3) B&W DM603 or 604
4) KEF iQ9
5) Wharfedale Evo2 30 or 40

Thanks
Ron

Pioneer VSX-1016 is harsh and unrefined.
Try Marantz 4600/5600 or Sonodyne AVR300...both are wonderful sounding.

Re: Best Speakers under

Hi,

I have Tannoy Fusion II (Mercury) Book shelf Speakers if you have any comments on this little jinny pls.reply.

Hey! I own a Nad 320BEE, Nad 542cd, Dynaudio Audience 52 along with kimber interconnects. I had got this set up after a lot of auditioning infact for almost an yr. I also had almost similar constraints of budget & port placement. Right from the beginning I was drawn to the 320BEE as I felt it was the most neutral & sweet sounding amp around at that price. Also I felt that the 542 is a much better cd player then the 521BEE. I had also auditioned the Cambridge 540 cd &amp, which I felt the sound was a bit dynamic and lacked but it could be of the fact that they were connected to some midpriced jamo?s. For all the spks I had audtioned I carried my cdplayer, amps & interconnects along. I had auditioned loads of spks but I am mentioning only those that I had considered as serious options,
1. The cadence arita?s, which sounded a bit too dynamic, & boomy for my taste,
2. The quad 12L sounded much better then the 11L but they couldn?t handle much of hip-hop & heavy metal. Though it sounded heavenly with any kind of light rock & roll or classical music.
3. The tannoy sensys DC1 were really good but I found them to be bit forward & bright although the focus was among the best.
4. Finally I just I loved the dynaudio 52?s. Though they love power the nad drives them well.

Later on I also had the chance to connect the 52?s with the Cambridge 640 cd & amp. The set up sounded good but I found the nad to be a bit more musical although I may have seriously considered the 640?s if had got my hands on them earlier for there all-round performance & the more powerful amp. The set up that I felt in love with instantly was the 52SE, quad 909amp & CD 99pre but at that point I wasn?t able to double my budget plus I had already bought my gear.
I hope my experience will help you a bit in your decision. Wish you all the best. Cheers

Hey! I own a Nad 320BEE, Nad 542cd, Dynaudio Audience 52 along with kimber interconnects. I had got this set up after a lot of auditioning infact for almost an yr. I also had almost similar constraints of budget & port placement. Right from the beginning I was drawn to the 320BEE as I felt it was the most neutral & sweet sounding amp around at that price. Also I felt that the 542 is a much better cd player then the 521BEE. I had also auditioned the Cambridge 540 cd &amp, which I felt the sound was a bit dynamic and lacked but it could be of the fact that they were connected to some midpriced jamo?s. For all the spks I had audtioned I carried my cdplayer, amps & interconnects along. I had auditioned loads of spks but I am mentioning only those that I had considered as serious options,
1. The cadence arita?s, which sounded a bit too dynamic, & boomy for my taste,
2. The quad 12L sounded much better then the 11L but they couldn?t handle much of hip-hop & heavy metal. Though it sounded heavenly with any kind of light rock & roll or classical music.
3. The tannoy sensys DC1 were really good but I found them to be bit forward & bright although the focus was among the best.
4. Finally I just I loved the dynaudio 52?s. Though they love power the nad drives them well.

Later on I also had the chance to connect the 52?s with the Cambridge 640 cd & amp. The set up sounded good but I found the nad to be a bit more musical although I may have seriously considered the 640?s if had got my hands on them earlier for there all-round performance & the more powerful amp. The set up that I felt in love with instantly was the 52SE, quad 909amp & CD 99pre but at that point I wasn?t able to double my budget plus I had already bought my gear.
I hope my experience will help you a bit in your decision. Wish you all the best. Cheers

Appreciate your feedback Neo! I am interested to know how you use the dynaudio 52. Are they on a bookshelf or stands? If you have used stands can you give me some info on the stands you are using??

Although the 52's are just in my budget I would like to know how much the stands will cost.

Thanks.

Tannoy Fusion II bookshelf speaker

Hi Jagat,

have u listen Tannoy Fusion II bookshelf speaker, and what is your comment

on this little bookshelf.

No I am not using any stands at the moment, as there is no space where I?ve installed the speakers. I?ve not been able to do any through research on stands but the stands that I?ve liked are the made by cadence which cost around 15G.

Floor standers under 50K

Tannoy Fusion F4
Epos ELS303

Bookshelves

Tannoy Eyris DC1
Dynaudio Audience 52

You can consider Focals too.

In the two options of CD player and Integrated Amplifer i would recommend you Cambridge Audio. I have used C520 & C521 combo and I currently have Cambridge Audio 640 combo. Of the two Cambridge Audio is better sounding combo.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back