Bevenbi capacitors - Anyone using that?

There are some vfm caps like Bennic, Spirit or Yontex for crossover. Some of speakers manufactures use them.
I have used Dayton MPT in my crossover. They are the same as Bennic XPP. Bennic do manufactures them. They are good but i personally find Bevenbi & Weetech more natural sounding than Daytons. They are bit edgy on HF (similar to Solens). I have seen speaker costing in lacs using inferior caps in their crossover. KEF LS50, Dali Opticon 6, Q acoustics Q500 all of them and many more uses Bennics in crossover parts. I have even seen some using elctros in tweeter circuit. Considering the reputation these speakers hold for their sound quality. I wonder what change one might expect from changing to a better film cap.
From what my ears tell, Bevenbi sounds like a much matured capacitor. Also Its's refreshing to spot them in Bower & Wilkins Anniversary speakers. I also see few are changing caps in 4-5 lac speakers for Bevenbi ones & finding the change very favourable.

Edit : The resistors used in crossover are HTR (Indian brand based in nagpur). I havn't tried Mills yet but out of everything else i have tried HTR (Brown, non-inductive ones) are best by a huge margin.

Attachments

• G_62_603_S2_Anniversary_Edition_HF-MF_crossover.jpg
    G_62_603_S2_Anniversary_Edition_HF-MF_crossover.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Never tried. Can we get them online in India ?
Not sure, tbh, I was curious as the crossover circuit of arca has 12 of these caps, each speaker! Total of 24

Not sure, tbh, I was curious as the crossover circuit of arca has 12 of these caps, each speaker! Total of 24

LR 4th order x-over I think but 12 in each speaker ?

Hi guys, I am looking to buy genuine opamps. Can you suggest places where i can find them locally ?
Not sure which city is local to you but if you want genuine ones, rs-components india website would be the place. I have bought all of mine from there.

Local shops can be a hit or a miss.

Not sure which city is local to you but if you want genuine ones, rs-components india website would be the place. I have bought all of mine from there.

Local shops can be a hit or a miss.
Yes, I have ordered few Kemet A750 Polymer caps & Vishay 1837 via them in past. Seems trustworthy to get genuine parts. But they dont have any listing for OPA 1656 i am looking for.
Btw I am currently in Patna, Bihar but am working in Mumbai only. I can see several listings of OPAMPs on electronicscomp website but i really doubt if they are genuine.

Edit : What OPAMPs you have got ? If extra, will you be willing to sell them ?

Yes, I have ordered few Kemet A750 Polymer caps & Vishay 1837 via them in past. Seems trustworthy to get genuine parts. But they dont have any listing for OPA 1656 i am looking for.
Btw I am currently in Patna, Bihar but am working in Mumbai only. I can see several listings of OPAMPs on electronicscomp website but i really doubt if they are genuine.

I have 1, just enough for my new build. I have opa2134. Sorry no extras else I would have sent it over.

What are you building ? Where are u planning to use it ? Maybe there is a good alternative ?

I have 1, just enough for my new build. I have opa2134. Sorry no extras else I would have sent it over.

What are you building ? Where are u planning to use it ? Maybe there is a good alternative ?
No worries, I will be geting in touch with few sources & mouser as suggested above.
I am working on A07 & this is how it looks like as of now ! While the sound by default is good, it's nowhere close to my DIY refrence amp (dual TPA 3116) that i have built ove a period of an year. So I am working on making it allign to my refrence amp. Torroidal coils been replaced with Coilcraft flat wire inductors, Nichicon KZ in power decoupling position. The four input coupling caps Samwha WF 10 uF has been replaced with generic film type (1uF). Bevenbi 2.2 uF MKPA E is in order and these will be replaced with those. Couple of OPamp decoupling capacitors have been changed to Panasonic FR, further bypassed with Wima MKP4 0.01 uF (will be updated with Wima FKP2 or Vishay MKT 370 , in order). The middle of the 5 capacitors that was rated 10 uf (Samwha WF) has been replaced with WeeTech WME 2.2 uF. Other four 10uF ones will be replaced by Nichicon FW (in order). For the OPAMP decoupling capacitor positions, I have tried everything from Nichicon FW, VR, Kz, Panasonic FR, Kemet A750 and all but Panasonic FR seemed to perform the best maybe due to their low esr (Kemet A750 are even low ESR but they have very jangly kind of midrange). These changes alone has elevated the performance of the amp to substantial degree but it still lags behind my refrence amp. The OPamps used by default are NE5532 (possibly fake). I have not much knowledge regarding OPamps so i am just trying to get what most are using as replacement on A07 & is also more recent iteriation (OPA 1656).

Every thing will be neat and clean once i have finalized which part goes in which position based on permutation combination. Those extended wires are just for the assurance i dont damage the solderpad on this very delicate board by frequent desoldering. Also the front portion implemented here is not in Ti datasheet, so just being cautious.

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_233724.jpg
    IMG_20220916_233724.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

I have 2 just enough for my new build. I have opa2134. Sorry no extras else I would have sent it over.
No worries, I will be geting in touch with few sources & mouser as suggested above.
I am working on A07 & this is how it looks like as of now ! While the sound by default is good, it's nowhere close to my DIY refrence amp (dual TPA 3116) that i have built ove a period of an year. So I am working on making it allign to my refrence amp. Torroidal coils been replaced with Coilcraft flat wire inductors, Nichicon KZ in power decoupling position. The four input coupling caps Samwha WF 10 uF has been replaced with generic film type (1uF). Bevenbi 2.2 uF MKPA E is in order and these will be replaced with those. Couple of OPamp decoupling capacitors have been changed to Panasonic FR, further bypassed with Wima MKP4 0.01 uF (will be updated with Wima FKP2 or Vishay MKT 370 , in order). The middle of the 5 capacitors that was rated 10 uf (Samwha WF) has been replaced with WeeTech WME 2.2 uF. Other four 10uF ones will be replaced by Nichicon FW (in order). For the OPAMP decoupling capacitor positions, I have tried everything from Nichicon FW, VR, Kz, Panasonic FR, Kemet A750 and all but Panasonic FR seemed to perform the best maybe due to their low esr (Kemet A750 are even low ESR but they have very jangly kind of midrange). These changes alone has elevated the performance of the amp to substantial degree but it still lags behind my refrence amp. The OPamps used by default are NE5532 (possibly fake). I have not much knowledge regarding OPamps so i am just trying to get what most are using as replacement on A07 & is also more recent iteriation (OPA 1656).

Every thing will be neat and clean once i have finalized which part goes in which position based on permutation combination. Those extended wires are just for the assurance i dont damage the solderpad on this very delicate board by frequent desoldering. Also the front portion implemented here is not in Ti datasheet, so just being cautious.
a suggestion…..headphonezone sells burson opamps. If you can accomodate it, Just ask them to deliver.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back