Beware of being cheated by ShopYourworld's shady business practices!

Rosh

Im sharing an experience which i hope others dont have to go through at any point in time.
On 21st June 2012 i ordered a Macbook LCD Screen Glass Replacement from Shopyourworld.com - I was billed on my cc for Rs.4256 and promised delivery in about 15 days. Even after almost 30 days no delivery was made and the call center staff were simply evasive on the status.
So I cancelled the order on July 19 2012 which was duly acknowledged by SYW email and a refund promised in 12-15 working days.
To cut a long story short SHOPYOURWORLD HAS NOT REFUNDED me A SINGLE PENNY EVEN AFTER 90 DAYS AND INNUMERABLE TELEPHONE CALLS. THEIR CALL CENTER STAFF ONLY KEEP PARROTING EVERY WEEK THAT I WOULD SEE THE REFUND IN THE NEXT TWO DAYS WHICH OF COURSE DOES NOT HAPPEN.
I believe there are many others like me who have been cheated of their money by Shopyourworld.com
I would be interested in knowing about similar cases and any advice how to tackle these cheats at large.
Such daylight robbery must not be condoned any more !
Im thoroughly disgusted!!!
Roshan

I had a similar experience with them. I just complained to my credit card company, HDFC. For now HDFC has refunded the amount from their side and has promised to look into the matter. Only if shopyourworld can give a proof of delivery (which they can't) will this amount be charged to me.

Make sure you complain asap. The CC company would not help if its too late.

According to me shopyourworld is a company of theives. They removed their facebook page after a lot of complaints and vanished from all social media. A customer care person told me that along with a new website a new management is in place and they will clear up orders. But nothing happened. Don't think these guys have changed at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such cases have become very common. Just goes on to show how fearless of the judiciary these corporates have become. They know nothings gonna happen to them.

Fight it out, ask them to pay you the money with interest, and with added compensation for you having to spend your time and money on all the follow ups.

Charging your card without sending you the goods was illegal by all means, and is enough pretext by itself for you to move into a consumer court. Fight it out.

The main reason why these companies have no fear is because they have done the math on this. Only one out of 10 people at most goes to court. Most are satisfied if they eventually get their money back and some don't even get that.

The buyers don't bother more because the compensation for time spent persuing the case is not attractive. If only the compensation was minimum 10 times of the amount involved

Till date the only online shop to have a clear dealing is HIFI MART....no one can match them...........

The main reason why these companies have no fear is because they have done the math on this. Only one out of 10 people at most goes to court. Most are satisfied if they eventually get their money back and some don't even get that.

The buyers don't bother more because the compensation for time spent persuing the case is not attractive. If only the compensation was minimum 10 times of the amount involved

I believe its more like 1 in 100 or even worse.

This is why I like shopandship more, though they have hiked their charges a bit more but their Customer service representatives are immensely helpful (even if sometimes that does not turn out satisfactory).

Update:
I had posted this complaint in HFV, akosha & Facebook timeline.
I ve just had a call from Shopyourworld 10 mins ago saying that my refund was being processed on priority - they ve given me a number which is supposed to be the transaction reference number for the refund. The customer executive then suggested I could modify or withdraw these remarks from these sites. I have decided that they will stay until I actually get my refund reflected in my credit card since I ve seen too many cases of bogus numbers.
So I guess social media does have its uses! :)

The hilarious thing they have promised is that they will credit 1500 points in Shopyourworld Rupees as a goodwill gesture! Do they expect us to spend and go through this tamasha again?!!

Yeah social media works sometimes. Ive had a similar experience with ebay. I had posted complaints on both their India and international pages and evetually got the product delivered.

But good that you are not getting excited about their credit. Had a similar experience with bigadda.com, a Reliance company, some time back. They gave me a coupon as the product they had delivered was a lower version than the one I paid for. After a month of haggling I got the coupon for the difference, which had a one month deadline. But whenever I ordered something using that coupon, they would cancel the order after some days saying that product is out of stock and even the coupon used to stop working. They would issue me a new coupon after more haggling, but the same thing would happen again. I eventually stopped trying as it was not worth the time wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: SYW have actually credited the amount to my credit card this morning. So there ends the matter. Though I feel they could have done this much earlier without my having to put pressure through akosha or the social media (HFV & FB).

I also have similiar experience and am waiting for refund since last 5 months. I am planning to file criminal case againts them after diwali. I suggest that we people unite together and go the police this will help us nail these frauds.

I have never used SYW but I used to think it must be a reliable site due to tie-ups with big banks but thanks for sharing your experience. Will think twice before trying to buy something from abroad using sites such as SWY

Dear friend
i ordered product worth 52000/ one and half month bk but yet not deliverd payment made through sbi cc please suggest what to do...

Had similar experience with Timtara.com; bought an item for 10K through HSBC Credit card, but even after 3 months no delivery from Timtara, no refund, no response.
Then I submitted the chargeback form to HSBC Bank informing them of non receipt of the item. HSBC took about 45 days to investigate and finally the Bank refunded the amount.
Hope this helps.

Avoid Timtara as well shopyourworld. SYW took about 4 months to deliver my item after lots of phone calls and reminders. Had a harrowing experience with them.

Cheers.

well regarding indian online retailers i can give gurantee for
e bay india

shopclues

flipkart

homeshop18

ezoneonlien...do very late delivery..otherwise okay

yes timtara is complete fruaud...my friend has a similar experience...infibeam is also very very unproffessional...

Should i buy a home theater system from e bay global easy buy service, is it safe to buy such high value items from e bay.

Ebay global easy buy is very good and always gives very prompt service !! You can also use ishopinternational which is also gr8 for overseas purchases. I use both the services often and it is efficient and reliable !!!

well regarding indian online retailers i can give gurantee for
e bay india

shopclues

flipkart

homeshop18

ezoneonlien...do very late delivery..otherwise okay

yes timtara is complete fruaud...my friend has a similar experience...infibeam is also very very unproffessional...

Add: rediff, indiatimes in the list. They are reliable

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back