Hello guys,

Help me choose one between these 2 headphones

1. Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro

2.Audio Technica ATH M50X

I am looking for following in a headphone with

1. Deep lows, clear mids and crisp highs
2. A contemporary look.
3. comfortable to wear it for long time, more than an hour
4. I mostly listen to slow rocks, ballads, country songs and Bollywood music.
5. Will be using with I phone 6S and amp /DAC (FiiO) at times, not always.

Both the above headphones are studio monitors and the reviews are very good for both of them which is making me very confusing. Please do not suggest to trust your ears. I am planning to order online. Please help.

Don't have the DT770. Have the DT990 Pro.
It's more comfortable than the ATH M50X which I also have. Goes deeper than the M50X though the M50X sounds like it has a bit of bass lift around the upper bass region giving it a 'punchy' feel.
I would guess the DT770 is as comfy as the 990 and its a closed back design. Bass would sound different. The 770 having more bass . Some like that and others don't. This could make the treble appear slightly reduced. But it certainly would be more comfy than the M50x. I can't wear my M50X for long. It's too tight on the ear and doesn't have the soft feel that the Beyer pads have. If long term use is important I'd blindly settle for a Beyer.

It's more comfortable than the ATH M50X which I also have. Goes deeper than the M50X though the M50X sounds like it has a bit of bass lift around the upper bass region giving it a 'punchy' feel.
I would guess the DT770 is as comfy as the 990 and its a closed back design. Bass would sound different. The 770 having more bass . Some like that and others don't. This could make the treble appear slightly reduced. But it certainly would be more comfy than the M50x. I can't wear my M50X for long. It's too tight on the ear and doesn't have the soft feel that the Beyer pads have. If long term use is important I'd blindly settle for a Beyer.
Thanks. Yeah I read somewhere that the M50X clamps around ears very tightly. It takes a while for user to get used to it. I wear specs while reading so it will be surely uncomfortable to wear the headphone with specs on.

DT770 - Grainy, clearer, less bass bloat, airy, better soundstage, spiky headache inducing treble for extended listening, heavier but pads are more comfortable.

M50X - Deeper bass, bloated mid bass, low resolution, very easy to drive, closed sounding, relaxed tone.

I had given ad for selling my BD custom one pro plus. But Now I am back. I have never auditioned such a kind of deep low and mid bass which does not mix in mid frequency. Hf is good but not sparky or pricky. Totally It is equal to my B&W 801 mkiiI calibre. You can adjust your bass. So can listen any kind of genres.Only con in it is huge size of ear cup which is draw back to me. Now myself got adjusted. 16 ohms it is very easy drive by smart phones

Do you use DT 990 with an amp? Can I use it with Iphone 6?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back