Bias lighting for wall mounted HDTV.

dotMac

Hello All,

I am planning to install bias lighting for my Plasma TV which is wall mounted. I did a search on this forum and could not find any thread on this. My apologies if this has already been discussed. Kindly point me to that thread if that is the case.

The only readymade product that I could see in Amazon is this :
LED-Backlight-Flatscreen-Wall-Mount

A more professional grade product looks to be Ideal-Lume Panelight which costs $90!!!

I read about the whole thing and it appears that there are constraints like :
  • The color of light should be as close as possible to the video white point of 'CIE D65' (loosely referred to as 6500 Kelvins)
  • The brightness of the reflected illumination should be 10% or less of the brightest white the monitor is adjusted to (calibrated for a dark environment).

So DIY is possible but will need to be precise. I was planning to get some good LEDs and assemble two strips that I would stick behind the TV.

I would like to know of any products that you guys are using or any DIY solution that you have found. Any help in this regard is appreciable :)

Thanks in advance.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back