Big Size Home Theater Challenges

abhi33

Hello Friends, need a suggestion for my cousin's new Home Theater setup. The room size is larger than most others, its around 19fts X 30fts.
To have sufficient power that would fill the room without keeping the volume above 85dBs continuously. For example Denon x3800h cannot not be choice.
Similarly speakers needs to be capable of handling more than 200 Watts RMS.
Suggestions and advises would really be helpful for AVRs/Separates?Power Amps/9.1 Speakers(In Wall and on wall both) with Brands and Models.

Hello Friends, need a suggestion for my cousin's new Home Theater setup. The room size is larger than most others, its around 19fts X 30fts.
To have sufficient power that would fill the room without keeping the volume above 85dBs continuously. For example Denon x3800h cannot not be choice.
Suggestions and advises would really be helpful for AVRs/Separates?Power Amps/9.1 Speakers(In Wall and on wall both) with Brands and Models.
A processor + multi channel power amp would be required for a space that large. Plus very long cabling, lots of sub woofers and lots of room treatment probably.

What’s the budget ?

10 to 12 Lakhs
While that would normally be a decent budget for most normal sized rooms. It sadly wont be sufficient to fill such a large room with quality sound. So maybe best to identify a 18 x15 feet space within that room closer to the TV or projector screen as a dedicated space for seating and optimize only that area for the theater sound. The remainder of the back of the room can be left open or maybe have a open bar at the back or something.

With the above rearrangement of space, your friend can also have proper 7 surround channels, with two rear surrounds behind the sofa. So 7 surround speakers in total with 4 over head atmos speakers and atleast 2 big subs, and all driven by a 11.2 channel AVR. If he chooses efficient speakers atleast 90db sensitive, then this will be doable in his budget of about 12 L. Just my 2 cents..

If its a dedicate HT with 30 feet, you can build it like a mini theater with multiple rows. Check out the Theater builds in AVS forum where they have a lot of large theaters. It is an expensive proposition unless like others have said, you want to split it into multiple sections.

A decent high lumens projector ~2L
A good quality Big screen -180" - 1.3 L
Denon 3800 + DIRAC= 2L
Accessories - like cables, power protection, etc - 1L

A Celto Acoustique 7.2 speaker package.
Including ifix 10 for LCR, ifix 6 for surrounds,2 ifix 17s subwoofers+ amp = 6.5 L
These speakers would not need a power amp because of their high sensitivity.

This is what I would do to get the best bang for my buck.

Last edited:
A decent high lumens projector ~2L
A good quality Big screen -180" - 1.3 L
Denon 3800 + DIRAC= 2L
Accessories - like cables, power protection, etc - 1L

A Celto Acoustique 9.2 speaker package.
Including ifix 10 for LCR, ifix 6 for surrounds,2 ifix 17s subwoofers+ amp = 5.3 L
These speakers would not need a power amp because of their high sensitivity.

This is what I would do to get the best bang for my buck.
Thanks for suggestion prateek. For 19x30ft room size, would x3800 do justice in creating enough SPL with speakers that have sensitivity of 90dB? Because Denon x3800 has 105 watts when two channel driven. As mentioned we intend to have AVR volume below 80%, most of the time.

Ifi
Thanks for suggestion prateek. For 19x30ft room size, would x3800 do justice in creating enough SPL with speakers that have sensitivity of 90dB? Because Denon x3800 has 105 watts when two channel driven. As mentioned we intend to have AVR volume below 80%, most of the time.
Ifix 10 is 97 dB sensitive

Look at the Onkyo TX-RZ-50 or Pioneer LX-505. Both are 120W FTC versus 105W FTC on 3800H, and both also come with the Dirac license included in the price so will be comparable to 3800H price wise

Look at the Onkyo TX-RZ-50 or Pioneer LX-505. Both are 120W FTC versus 105W FTC on 3800H, and both also come with the Dirac license included in the price so will be comparable to 3800H price wise
How about Emotiva basx mr1- 9.2 AVR, it has more power.
Power Output Per Channel; NINE channels driven:
85 watts RMS / channel @ 8 Ohms; 100 watts RMS / channel @ 4 Ohms; < 0.1% THD

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back