Bison Cement Particle Board as Screen

begarkitta

While on an official visit I saw this gentleman using this screen and the picture quality was very very acceptable. Please note what I said, "while on an official visit": that means I could not sit and discuss this screen (how I would have loved to do it!!). This is the information I could elicit from that gentlman:

1. Screen material Bison Cement Particle Board (wood particle+cement); can be handled like any wood material.

2. Putty finish and paint.

Now what matte paint would he have used in asian paints? The colour of the screen was dull white. I shall be grateful for any information. I am planning to set up my HT in a few months time.

A slight gray color than pure white will yield better results, I will be getting my wall screen done this week, will post some pics after I finish.

Don't use enamel paint, instead use Royal... it is a wall paint. What my plan is to buy pure white and also black. Add a pinch of black to white to make a slight gray. I need to buy the black for borders.

Premblr,

Thanks. Please could suggest the colour code/name for the particular shade that you may suggest in Royal?
Thanks in advance

I have done my wall with off white, not sure about the shade code. Was not brave enough to try grey colour, because of the shade, if it is a bit darker you cant re-paint the wall to lighten it as it increases the thickness of the paint. I do know that many vouch for grey colour, but off white is not bad either.

Thanks praveencshekhar. I paid a visit to the Asian Paints dealer. Sadly they know next to nothing about wall painting for projection. Since they did not see a promising customer in me, they were eager to pack me off. This is where input from older, senior members would be of great help.

still looking for help

begarkitta, i doubt if anyone will know about wall painting for PJ. I don't have to explain to you that these paints are not targeted at that sort of work.
I don't know if i'm older (certainly not senior) but if there is something specific you want me to check up with Asian Paint dealer, do let me know. I know someone who wouldn't mind talking with me even when i'm not buying. I bugged the crap out of him when i had to paint the ceiling of my HT in a dark color but the guy actually seemed interested in all this.

Dear all, all asbestos, and gypsum panels are manufactured 8' x 4' standard size, instead of bison panel, install gypsum false ceiling sheet of the same size, the finished surface is pre coated with egg white shade and matt finish and you can play with colour on the sheet, we can also bend the gypsum sheet if curve type screen is required, more ever you can fix the sheets jointless by filling putty and spray painting the surface, but beware gypsum boards hate moisture,and bison panels rough and tough, if you want to paint Bison panels first render priming coat, for getting grain free surface always spray paint!. Thanks all

Dont go for Royale asian paint, It has satin/shimmer which will lead to hot spot.
Just use Interior wall primer. (It is pure white and matt finish), I tested this with wall for my PJ, the result is very good. (or) Just use premium matt finish emulsion.
There is no separate paint from 'Asian paint' for projector.

There is a GOO paint (Search in google) which is especially made for projector. One delarer is there in india.

Dont go for Royale asian paint, It has satin/shimmer which will lead to hot spot.
Just use Interior wall primer. (It is pure white and matt finish), I tested this with wall for my PJ, the result is very good. (or) Just use premium matt finish emulsion.
There is no separate paint from 'Asian paint' for projector.

There is a GOO paint (Search in google) which is especially made for projector. One delarer is there in india.

I did some research on GOO paint and dropped it as the Indian dealer was asking for too much money. To paint a 150" 16:9 screen, the quote ended up more than 35K. So dropped. Now ordered the FlexiWhite screen material from Carl's place.

-John.

john would u b able to put up step by step instructions on how u made the screen from material? It'll help many.

john would u b able to put up step by step instructions on how u made the screen from material? It'll help many.

I have not even started :). The screen material / cloth is on the way from US. It will take 10-15 days for me to get the screen. The screen material needs to be fixed on a wooden frame and the fix it on the wall.

I am going to set up my HT room starting middle of Aug. I will start a thread on the same soon. I am in the process of procuring stuff. Some electronics are already bought.

I will definitely share my experience in screen building process.

-John.

Sash and ravidharap,

Thanks a lot for your replies.Gypsum is a good idea. I have seen some excellent diy screens done this way and I do not know why we should be talking about painted boards as secondary or second rate materials. My original question was as to what paint material we should use once the board (bison or gypsum) pr readied with putty. Please keep this thread alive -- there are a lot of beginners out there like me who would benefit from your experience. Thanks again to all

Nothing to do with "which brand or what type of Paint", interior paints are basically glossy or Matt, check any cinema screen, the surface is matt finished, my advice is to employ a skilled painter with good sprayer gun, rest is upto you to decide the paint's brand and cost.

ravidharap,

I get your point in the main. But I am afraid matte finish varies in terms of reflectivity and colour shade. I was just hoping that someone who has already done this might share the colour code. For instance, one of the members mentions a specific colour code --Pilgrim (code 6129). If any member has tried and got very convincing result from a specific companies specific paint, we could straight away try that right? Saves a lot of trial and error.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back