Black bars annoyance

Shivam

I am using a 16:9 HD projector and a painted wall as a screen. My problem is that when I watch 2.4:1 films or 4:3 films, the black bars irritate me.
I can't afford an anamorphic lens and I don't like to watch distorted images by stretching the image.

Is there any occluder or something similar available which can be placed in front of the projector preventing the black bars lighting up the screen ?

I tried with black card-paper cut in 2.4:1 ratio placed in front of the projector lens (some distance from the projector) quite useful and so was thinking of something similar which can be mounted permanently in front of the projector.

Ohh - I thought some Black Bars means black liwuor bars ... wondering what the annoyance is!

The black bars which are projected on the screen on top and bottom of a widescreen movie on a 16:9 screen (or on the sides of a 4:3 movie)!

The annoyance is that even though they are black, they are visible on the screen in comparison to areas which are totally devoid of any light.

Maybe I will make an occluder on my own and see how it works.
DIY route seems attractive for things like these. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back