blu-ray availability in india

Eddierockks

dude this is a bit OT, but i am desperately searching for sme blu-ray movies. Unfortunately, i dint get it here in india. Can anybody guide as to where can i buy them? (My location being n ludhiana,punjab) Thanks in advance!
:)

If you are familiar with online commerce, you can order it online from multiple sites such as Amazon, Walmart, Virgin Mega (virginmega.com)

I came across this site called Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Movies, Players, Recorders, Media and Software that seems to have details on literary every Blu-ray movie released or to be released. They are also linked to Amazon through whom you can order. You will have to check the transportation costs etc.

If you travel to Delhi visit a few good music cum movie shops such as Music World and Landmark. I know for sure that Landmark has a few titles on display, at least here in Chennai. You can also call Landmark in Delhi, check with them what titles are available and I am sure they will ship it to you.

Cheers.

Thanks mayn..appreciate t.. btw i wasnt reli sure if amazon , walmart, etc they ship to india or not?? i oredi have had a bad experience at playasia.com..dint get my stuff :(

Thanks mayn..appreciate t.. btw i wasnt reli sure if amazon , walmart, etc they ship to india or not?? i oredi have had a bad experience at playasia.com..dint get my stuff :(

I have never used Internet commerce in India, so I cannot say anything about it. But I have seen a lot of my friends use Amazon to order books and get them regularly. I have also seen a lot of members on this forum use various sites to order CDs and DVDs.

Amazon may be better than Walmart as I think they have had more transactions with India and may be able to serve your better.

Cheers

yesterday found blu-ray disc at landmark chennai also a caption "buy 1 get 1 free"

but titles are no so big, found sawaariya & some not so big hollywood titles.

Be careful of the Sony site

Sony Pictures - India

My anti virus site tells me it has been attacked and should not be used. Here is the message I get:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at Sony Pictures - India has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Best avoided till Sony takes care of the site.

Cheers

yesterday found blu-ray disc at landmark chennai also a caption "buy 1 get 1 free"

but titles are no so big, found sawaariya & some not so big hollywood titles.

Sawariya et al?? I doubt whether these are true HD or just upscaled versions of original SD content. But if they are really HD, then it's a welcome move by them.

guys yestdae i visited my local sony store where i was happy to fynd around 30-35 BD's. bt to my surprise,they are priced at 2800 bucks..wtf..wen dese r available at playasia.com for 1200-1500. will try again with playasia.com..btw if anybdy knows the price of BD's n Delhi like in GAfFar r pallika?? plz lemme noe..

Thanks!! :)

Sawariya et al?? I doubt whether these are true HD or just upscaled versions of original SD content. But if they are really HD, then it's a welcome move by them.

Saawariya is actually recommended as a reference material for blu ray enthusiasts for its video quality!! i have seen recommendations in a lot of forums including bluray.com.

I had got Saawaria from the US last year. It is original 1080P, though not really reference quality.

Thanks,
Sharad

Guys, will these BDs bought from the US work in Indian version of PS3? What about the region code stuff...?

No idea! My Blu-ray player is US region.
Check the rear panel of your PS3. Does it have the characters 'A', 'B' or 'C', enclosed in an hexagon.

Thanks,
Sharad

Not sure why the website name is showing up as a long spiel in my last post - the website is 20north.com

Not sure why the website name is showing up as a long spiel in my last post - the website is 20north.com

Everything seems expensive. In the site I see prices of 1000 or more for CDs and DVDs that I have seen in shops for 500 or less.

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back