Blu-ray/DVD/CD/VHS/Tape/LP - Gift thread *ca

Suri, I read the EULA and all through I thought I was understanding. Just 2 mins later I don't remember or understand a thing. I think your motive behind this EULA is "if you can't convince, just confuse":D. This is how any agreement should be written, especially when coffeerights are involved:)

hehehe - santhol2-

obfuscation!

regds
suri

Hay Santhol can you "gift" me one of your BR, I am ready to "gift" you any monatary aspect involved in sending me your commodity. As per the coffeeright rule No 5 I have the right to declare, that I am ready to bear any expenditure involved.

Gentlemen:

FYI, on a serious note, after some hours of reading:
1. Importing a copyrighted content from outside the country you reside in amounts to infringement, and you are exempted if you for your private use import "ONE" single copy.
2. Exchange of copyrighted DVD is prohibited, as "Copyright in a work shall be deemed to be infringed when any person distributes either for trade or to such an extent as to affect prejudicially the owner of the copyright any infringing copies of the work."

So, "gift" is unconditional, simplex, and is different from the above ones and which does not involve solicitation, coercion, consideration, promise, and the like.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Gentlemen:

FYI, on a serious note, after some hours of reading:
1. Importing a copyrighted content from outside the country you reside in amounts to infringement, and you are exempted if you for your private use import "ONE" single copy.
2. Exchange/trading/selling of copyrighted DVD is prohibited, as "Copyright in a work shall be deemed to be infringed when any person distributes either for trade or to such an extent as to affect prejudicially the owner of the copyright any infringing copies of the work."

So, "gift" is unconditional, simplex, and is different from the above ones and which does not involve solicitation, coercion, consideration, promise, and the like.

Cheers!

So then we are all safe........ as "gift" is unconditional, simplex, and is different from the above ones. All we are doing is "Gift" our BR to another person and per coffeeright rule 5 if the recieving person declare that he is ready to bear any expenditure involved, he has the right to do so.....further...... If the process is performed vice versa, the coffeeLaw should remain same and so the person can "gift" the BR back to the initiall indivisual. Hence indulging in Exchange/Trade without beeing deemed to be infringed by the Law or effect the owner prejudicially... ......cool...eh!:D

Hay Santhol can you "gift" me one of your BR, I am ready to "gift" you any monatary aspect involved in sending me your commodity.

Sure Sam, you are one of the key contributors to the videoholics group at HFV. I am about to create my BD collection gallery at Blu-ray.com. You can then choose your gift and PM me. I shall send them to you at my own cost. It is a gift, remember?! Read Suri's rules for clarity (lack of it rather).

Sure Sam, you are one of the key contributors to the videoholics group at HFV. I am about to create my BD collection gallery at Blu-ray.com. You can then choose your gift and PM me. I shall send them to you at my own cost. It is a gift, remember?! Read Suri's rules for clarity (lack of it rather).

Thanks friend, that was generous, I am waiting for the green signal when you create the gallery....:)

I think I should do the same, though I have a very small BR collection (yet) but you can still choose one from it.... :)

You are gifted person Venkatesh already.

Hopefully, my bluray.com list will be ready tomorrow. You know what to do next to get gifted;)

Hi Santhosh,

I am moved by your dialogue, I took a screenshot of that and keep that for future reference to show my (yet to find) girlfriend? As you mentioned, I too think I am a gifted person, but somehow I could not figure out what is that or where is that so far.

"Enna kodumai Saravanan Sir ithu", "ellarum aniyaayathiku dialogue peasurangelae":indifferent14::indifferent14: (Subs: "What a heck is this Sarvanan Sir, everyone in hifivision are good dialogue writers")

Cheers!

Hi,

Friends, while gifting, please ensure that you are doing a bullet-proof packaging and using a reputed courier company with tracking. Otherwise, your recepient may receive multiple gifts (one BD into 2 BDs) than what was intended. Then, both of you will have a sorry facies then, which will ultimately get you out of this thread immediately. Also, please be prompt in gninruter the gift!

Also, I am taking a long break from HFV due to new assignements, exams and certifications, though will peep in periodically, but will be connected with emails through iphone. Behave well boys:eek:hyeah:, I know you will as I aint gonna be there:eek:hyeah:! See you all again in the 2nd week of July.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,
Behave well boys:eek:hyeah:, I know you will as I aint gonna be there:eek:hyeah:! See you all again in the 2nd week of July.

Cheers!

That's a long time Dude. Anyways ALL THE BEST for your Exams.
Don't worry about the thread we all learnt the lesson.Will be double care full with GIFTing process.

All The Best Once again...

Santosh/Idlebrain, please add a link to your collection in your signature.

Since I bought a few BD's from Amazon I see they have a nice bubble type envelop which one can use for transport.

The first to trade or gift with me gets extra packaging material :)

Also, I am taking a long break from HFV due to new assignements, exams and certifications, though will peep in periodically, but will be connected with emails through iphone. Behave well boys:eek:hyeah:, I know you will as I aint gonna be there:eek:hyeah:! See you all again in the 2nd week of July.
Cheers!

Dont worry Venkar Sir, the Legacy is in good hands........by the power of coffeerules....long live the "gifting"....:D :D :D

Back