Blu-ray/DVD/CD/VHS/Tape/LP - Gift thread *ca

Venkatesh: All the best for your exams!! Do well, I am sure you will:)

Santosh/Idlebrain, please add a link to your collection in your signature.
Sudhir, there is no space left in my signature and I still have so many equipment to list:lol:.

The first to trade or gift with me gets extra packaging material :)
No trading, only gifting mate;)

Last edited:
Great going guys.

I need to thank couple of Donors (or Gifters is the word). Thought of thanking them on a wholesale.

Firstly to our BD guru Srini for gifting me Bourne Trilogy, then Energetic Konfused for Batman Begins & The Rock and finally new and shining Punit (Pavit) for Die Hard 4.
Thanks to all of you for your generosity in gifting, I pray to god to fulfill every wish you had......a Place in Heaven.....God Bless you..Amen.

idlebrain, what can I say? You are a gifted person:). Enjoy!!

I too am gifted but not as much as you, Sam gifted me Star Trek and one other BD. I gifted him Matrix Trilogy. Am also gifting my Avatar BD to Srini.

Santosh/Idlebrain, please add a link to your collection in your signature.

Since I bought a few BD's from Amazon I see they have a nice bubble type envelop which one can use for transport.

The first to trade or gift with me gets extra packaging material :)

Sud,

My collection is added in my signature.PM me for any kind of GIFT.

Thanks
Satya.

I would take this thanking oppurtunity to thank idlebrain for "gifting" me Predator 1 (In transit - yet to arrive) and santosh for Matrix trilogy. I would be "gifting "him Star Trek and Black Hawk Down. Idlebrain if you want any one of my BluRay to be gifted you are most welcome to choose from my (yet) small BR collection.....

Blu-ray.com - Movie Collection

I have the following DVD's to be gifted.

1. Mortal Kombat
2. The Punisher.
3. The Mask.
4. The Assignment.
5. Spawn.

Open to being gifted any other DVD since I don't own any Bluray hardware. Yet.

I have the following DVD's to be gifted.

1. Mortal Kombat
2. The Punisher.
3. The Mask.
4. The Assignment.
5. Spawn.

Open to being gifted any other DVD since I don't own any Bluray hardware. Yet.
I'd like "The Mask" please. Thanks in advance. Will check out what DVDs I can gift you. Which city do you live in?

Santhosh revieved your "gifts".....today :yahoo:....Thanks :) Will be viewing it during the weekend and would send you my "gift" when I return this........thanks again friend....:)

Just my thoughts, I may be wrong.. please enlighten.. (not against anybody)

Are we promoting piracy / violating the copyright rules by "Gifting" the DVDs / BDs (since we are referring it in public)? If somebody sends a disk as gift to somebody else and he then gifts it to another and eventually the disk reaches the owner as a gift, isnt it a copyright violation or is it a loop hole on copyright laws? (assuming the gifted disk will be used for watching the disk content atleast once)

I think this was discussed earlier with the mods. As long as there is no commercial implication we are all fine. If someone wants to sell his/her dvd/bd is also fine. Its when we start looking at renting and other stuff there are issues.

Just my thoughts, I may be wrong.. please enlighten.. (not against anybody)

Are we promoting piracy / violating the copyright rules by "Gifting" the DVDs / BDs (since we are referring it in public)? If somebody sends a disk as gift to somebody else and he then gifts it to another and eventually the disk reaches the owner as a gift, isnt it a copyright violation or is it a loop hole on copyright laws? (assuming the gifted disk will be used for watching the disk content atleast once)
We are not promoting piracy/violating copyrights. You can check the EULA(End User License Agreement) by Suri if you like:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/9841-blu-ray-dvd-cd-vhs-tape-lp-gift-thread-ca-4.html#post134855

I think this was discussed earlier with the mods. As long as there is no commercial implication we are all fine. If someone wants to sell his/her dvd/bd is also fine. Its when we start looking at renting and other stuff there are issues.
Yes, there is no commerical implication. Nothing wrong in gifting as per some legal eagles who went through the coffee-rights:lol:.

Mods: please move this thread to non-av lounge;).

Last edited:
God damm I thougtt someone induced some life in the thread by suggesting a gift ..... :-(

Anyone owt there wanna gift soem Bluray, Its been a long time I have seen a movie on a BR. My pretty small collection is as follows, One can opt from it for the gift from my side ..

Blu-ray.com - Movie collection.

BTW about that copyright thingi ....

its like ...."holding your nose with your right hand, which is an infringement, so you hold it with your left, which is not, eventually you do hold your nose" .. :D :D

Does anyone like Joe Cocker? I have a cd which was gifted to me and I am not a fan. Probably it would make sense for someone who likes his brand of music.

Sam9 - Can you gift me night at the museum?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back