Bluray player from USA

The sherwood bdp 5004 is region free bdp and has 7.1 analog output. I bought mine for 8K from a forum member.

Hi All,

Received the Panasonic BD210 bluray from Amazon yesterday. Took 4 days after placing the order. Avatar 3d disc is Free under rebate scheme.
But picture quality seems to be better in my Oppo BDP 83(not an expert on this). They didn't collect any other charges. Overall a very smooth transaction!!

Amazon is also shipping Optoma hd33 to India. Price is 20k more incl duty charges & shipping compared to US prices.

Nindo,

If you decide to buy Oppo, then buy it from amazon.com for $500. You can buy the region free mod chip separately from ebay. It goes for about $55.

In the end price will be almost same, bit cheaper if bought from Amazon. But you will get less hassle if the item is shipped by Amazon rather than some guy at ebay,

thanks for all your inputs guys. but alas, i received a very sad news last night- my cousin's trip has been postponed indefinitely.:sad:

but i have not lost hope yet, hunting for more bakras to carry the stuff for me:D

have asked him to compensate me for the emotional trauma :p i have gone through by asking him to send it with the next person he knows who is coming to india. so the hunt goes on. and depending on the interest you guys have in this thread we can still continue to discuss on models that can be bought and alternate ways to get it here.

cheers

Hi All,

Received the Panasonic BD210 bluray from Amazon yesterday. Took 4 days after placing the order. Avatar 3d disc is Free under rebate scheme.
But picture quality seems to be better in my Oppo BDP 83(not an expert on this). They didn't collect any other charges. Overall a very smooth transaction!!

Amazon is also shipping Optoma hd33 to India. Price is 20k more incl duty charges & shipping compared to US prices.

Hii I read the manual of BD110 /210 . It says that it supports MKV files thru USB but it does not supports USB with NTFS .. Supports only FAT & FAT32. Can you please verify the same, whether it supports NTFS format Pendrives and plays HD Rips

Please remain patient as I have got 2 new panasonic DMP-BDT220 .. My friend asked me that he might buy one from me. If he decides not to take extra one .. Will sell here ..
my total cost was around $180.

I recently (1st week of May) imported a region-free Oppo BDP-93 from regioncodefreedvd.com. Their email domain is "220-electronics.com", and the sales receipt says "International Video and Electronics". I paid them 631$ for the player and 120$ for shipping (DHL) with my CC. As per the USD <--> INR conversion rates at that time, the charges came to Rs 42,038.31 on my CC.

At the time of delivery, I had to pay approximately Rs 8200/- (cash) to the DHL guys for customs duty. The package took 5 days to arrive from US.

The ordering process on that site is a little tricky. They need to collect 120$ (as against their standard 95$ for international shipping) for shipping the Oppo and other bigger players. But you cannot pay that directly at their payment gateway. You have to agree to pay them 120$ in the comments section, and then they charge it to your card later.

I also had to provide them front & back scans of my CC and the CC statement to prove CC ownership (both redacted appropriately). Without that, they won't process my order, and had actually voided the transaction and refunded the amount to my CC as their first step.

Please remain patient as I have got 2 new panasonic DMP-BDT220 .. My friend asked me that he might buy one from me. If he decides not to take extra one .. Will sell here ..
my total cost was around $180.

My friend is leaving to US today so my bluray player is open for sale.

My friend is leaving to US today so my bluray player is open for sale.
Please tell exact price in Rs, does this play MKV( if you know) I guess this needs a voltage converter assuming this is from the US?
Folks please help me with this:
Is it worth to buy a BDT210 from the UK? I need something that will SURELY play MKV via external HDD,i suppose the panasonics do not support NTFS.

Last edited:
Hi i am interested to buy,
is it region free?
what will be the final INR price!!

Sorry for late replies, I was out of town.
This is not region free but you can get it from firmwareinfo. However I do not care much about region as in india most of the stores sell region free blurays and DVDs. I personally checked planet m, reliance digital, chroma.

Final INR price is 9500/- + 200/- (if you want step down transformer).

Please tell exact price in Rs, does this play MKV( if you know) I guess this needs a voltage converter assuming this is from the US?
Folks please help me with this:
Is it worth to buy a BDT210 from the UK? I need something that will SURELY play MKV via external HDD,i suppose the panasonics do not support NTFS.

No, price is almost same as Indian grey market if you buy UK one. In grey market BDT210 is available in 13000-15000. I checked MKV from external usb harddisk and that was working great (better than PC) but have not checked 3d MKVs till now. I have not finished with my collection of bluray discs yet.
Sure it will require voltage converter I checked with mine which I got from SP road in 250 bucks and its working fine. I have not checked about NTFS but as far as I know its PS3 which do not support NTFS not panasonic. To be sure you can try checking in avforums.
Final INR price is 9500/-( I have calculated with same dollar price when I bought it ;) ) + 200/- (if you want step down transformer).

croma was selling one for 5.5k may be i t was philips
some places sony BDP is 6.3k ,

starcj site sold few philips in 2.6K ...

so do ur research before u waste money

Get a LG BD630 from ebay.com .. COsts about 8000 INR.... It is Multi Region Bluray PLayer with All Region DVD too...
Best thing about this is that it has a USB port also which
1. PLays All HD Formats with Subtitle support (MKV, Mp4, .Ts Avi etc)
2. Supports NTFS Drives... so that you can connect your large Portable drives with fHD files larger than 4 GB too..

and its 110-220 V compatiable

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back