Bose,jbl,denon,dali

snjykataria

Hi
know alls,

please advice

i need
1.hi fi music system,listening music,double up as party pump up,once in two months.
2.home theatre in bedroom,double up listening music.
3. Home theatre in home theatre,watch tv and movies,maybe some music too.

Same house,shud they be linked or seperate units.

Please advice
jbl..... Bose..... Denon......dali
amps with speakers...
Budget descent but dont want to waste money....
Thanks guys

awaiting some expert advice

No budget is decent till you talk in figures here friend. Brands that you have picked have too many combinations and budget. Please be specific on how much you want to spend per room and for the Home theater what is your room size and is it a living room or a dedicated room? pls advise.

Hi
know alls,

please advice

i need
1.hi fi music system,listening music,double up as party pump up,once in two months.
2.home theatre in bedroom,double up listening music.
3. Home theatre in home theatre,watch tv and movies,maybe some music too.

Same house,shud they be linked or seperate units.

Please advice
jbl..... Bose..... Denon......dali
amps with speakers...
Budget descent but dont want to waste money....
Thanks guys

awaiting some expert advice

Hey Sanjay

Greetings for Dipawali...!!!

Now, from above posts u must hv realized tht u cannot say tht u hv a decent budget...

Anyways, to solve your querries...

1). Bose... Bose is something which is made for people, whu care damn about the sound, but want the label/tag...In short Bose is not a Home Theatre, its a Multimedia system, to reproduce music, not better than your creative speakers...(In concern with Home Theatre Only, Bose Professional range is quite good, comparitively.)

2). JBL... JBL is yes, considered as a Home Theatre Speakers, but i will say, that there are many to be considered, and only the last if one doesnt have budget, should approach JBL, for there Rs.25K to Rs.45K HTiBs, which are much better than Onkyos...

3). Denon... Denon is professional in Amplifiers/Recievers, and is one among the best choices, for the same, but cannot be considered for HTiBs of Denon.
So, stick to Denon Amplifier...Good Choice...

4). Dali... Dali is a Denmark based company, manufactures speakers only in 8 different series...There basic series 'Concept', is not even worth a look, IKON series, in which IKON-6 sells well, is a fine Floor Stander, than they have mentor series, which is more kind of being transformed into a sattelite speaker packages, then comes the Euphony series, which starts from Rs.4L approx for Speakers only, so if have budget, then we can discuss that as well...

Now, i think u r aware of the 4 brands above...

Now, if u really want us to provide a good solution, then we would consider the matter better, if you could provide us the following :
1). Room Size LxBxH - If possible with the Soft copy of layout or pic of the room.
2). Number of entrance/exits/windows/corridors/bla bla blas...
3). Specification of Room, like false ceiling, carpet, walls, seating, etc..
4). Finallt the Budget.

In the above points 1 & 4 are mandatory, but will prefer you can provide all the 4...

Now, once you do that, we can recommend you many more brands to be considered...that will help you choose your system...

hi mridul
u seem to be just right guy i was looking for.

1.party room.has a bar, and spread out sitting.pop walls,false cieling,14by37 feet.one side is full glass 14 feet,the other a window,6by 6.and a glass entrance 12 by 6.tiles floored.requirment when party on u know what i mean on,the music shud pump.but i guess not more than 25 guests.we dont listen to jazz or instrumental or gazhals,its lounge music and tan tang kinds.indian pop and a bit loud i guess,
2. bedroom 14 by 22 ,wooden floor,one side almost full glass window,10 by 9.
pop walls,false cieling.fm,watch tv,cum home theatre,listen now all kinds of music.
3.tv room cum lounge,low false cieling pop wooden floor,small windows,
tv light music,size,12 by 18.
4. terrace i saw some water proof polka speakers ,at least sounded good in the showroom.

now budget.
1. 100 thous maxx.
2.same
3.same
can shuffle.
happier to save on these.
i ve seen some options in all.bose lifestlye connected throughout the house,
with their fancy remotes works out to 3.5 with almost all topend.
their top lifestlye is the main rest are all attached.
though i liked their home theatre,the add ons are suspect.only 901 sounded descent.
we woulld like a good functional trouble free system which sounds great like pubs etc,but we r not into serious music,its mostly in the background,and none o us understand music...or know music.
thanks

Shall I suggest a configuration for Rs1.0 crore? :)

Cheers

wow,
everyone eager including me to know of this configuration.

as long its not waisted on diamond or gold studding,

and its for a residence.

lets c what u can come up with authentically for 1 cr.

the prices should be quotable net prices.

Your post violates our Forum Rules. Please observe the Forum Rules. You have been warned!

Last edited:
wow,
everyone eager including me to know of this configuration.

as long its not waisted on diamond or gold studding,

and its for a residence.

lets c what u can come up with authentically for 1 cr.

the prices should be quotable net prices.

or just shut up and get lost from the board

the essence is to help....which i doubt u r capable of.

and who has time to waste with confused ,with complexes shallow knowledged looser and wasters.

come up with a pkg or be shunned forever.

Your post violates our Forum Rules. Please observe the Forum Rules. You have been warned!

Your quote smells arrogance.
Anyway you know you can buy just 2 stereo spekers for 50 l Plus
or check mbl system where a simple 2 channel one can set you back for 1 crore!
Bose is not best nor most expensive system in the world -look beyond it and you will discover sonic nirvana!

If you really want to "burn" your money in music - consider this- a multimillionaire paid eagles 6 million US$ just to perform a single song - Hotel California! That is just call passion!

ouch,i ve been rude i guess,i apologize...:sad:i thought some people were needling instead of replying with a helpful post,more wooried about the word descent.and with 1 cr to spend i wont be inquiring on the board....idea here is to get the best deal at the best price..i actually have to buy and am confused as in their sounded chambers all the demos* are great.and i have to buy from the available onlly.these 4 brands have showroms and i understand they in my budget...so i gather bose is no the reco brand here.so its between jbl and denon...i heard cambridge audio..not really good demo i guess was not really impressed...thnx anyway

@snjy,..hope u didn take offence to the quip.either way,u have a nice layout from ur specs.very much a party place ;).for ur budget am sure many suggestions would come.u seem to be lookin for an a/v solution and the best way to go about it would be getting in touch with dealers(there are many)who provide the same.a one stop shop.look for the reputed ones,they will help u.off the top of my hat why not get in touch with one of our sponsor members,absolute phase,for ur requirements?oh yeah with 1 cr id buy a bentley too.me thinks with our price structure even that wont be enuf for one.ha.cheers

Last edited:
1. Marantz CD Player 5003 + Stereo Amp PM5003 + Bookshelf Speakers Monitor Audio BR2 (2 Pairs). Other brands would be NAD, Cambridge Audio for CD&Amp. For speakers look at Usher S520 and PSB Alpha B1 also.

2. AVR Marantz 5003 with 5.1 Wharfedale Diamond 10 / KEF iQ speaker package.

3. AVR Denon 1910 with Mordaunt Short Aviano 5.1 / Polk RTi 5.1.

4. Outdoor speakers: Polk Atrium / Wharfedale Neptune.

Raghav

hi mridul
u seem to be just right guy i was looking for.

1.party room.has a bar, and spread out sitting.pop walls,false cieling,14by37 feet.one side is full glass 14 feet,the other a window,6by 6.and a glass entrance 12 by 6.tiles floored.requirment when party on u know what i mean on,the music shud pump.but i guess not more than 25 guests.we dont listen to jazz or instrumental or gazhals,its lounge music and tan tang kinds.indian pop and a bit loud i guess,
2. bedroom 14 by 22 ,wooden floor,one side almost full glass window,10 by 9.
pop walls,false cieling.fm,watch tv,cum home theatre,listen now all kinds of music.
3.tv room cum lounge,low false cieling pop wooden floor,small windows,
tv light music,size,12 by 18.
4. terrace i saw some water proof polka speakers ,at least sounded good in the showroom.

now budget.
1. 100 thous maxx.
2.same
3.same
can shuffle.
happier to save on these.
i ve seen some options in all.bose lifestlye connected throughout the house,
with their fancy remotes works out to 3.5 with almost all topend.
their top lifestlye is the main rest are all attached.
though i liked their home theatre,the add ons are suspect.only 901 sounded descent.
we woulld like a good functional trouble free system which sounds great like pubs etc,but we r not into serious music,its mostly in the background,and none o us understand music...or know music.
thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back