Boston Acoustic A26 vs Wharfedale Diamond 200

kamal1675

Planning to buy amp and speaker combo within 50k. Pl recommend amongst the following or if you have better alternatives without compromising sound quality.
1. Boston Acoustics A26 or Wharfedale Diamond 200
2. Amp Marantz PM 5005 or M-CR 510

MCR 510 has better connectivity options ie more sound inputs, but is it better in processing music also or PM 5005 is better??? Bcoz both are different series, so i am confused.
Also both the speakers listed above are similarly price but original price of BA A26 is more than Diamond 200, after discount on Hifi Mart, BA26 is cheaper than the latter. So which one is actually better. Also how is elac B6 as compared to these, though it is expensive.

Plz help in deciding

Last edited:
They are all roughly comparable, priced broadly the same (in more mature markets) and equally well rated..
It will come down to your individual taste in music and the sonic signature you prefer - I opted for the A26 for my kitchen build simply because it is currently well discounted in India making it a better buy than the rest..
I considered the B6 but a) found it overpriced in India b) considered the option of lugging it from the UK on a trip but didn't find the delta in the SQ worth the hassle
I also considered the Diamond 220 but found the A26 better for my personal use case for this build

Planning to buy amp and speaker combo within 50k. Pl recommend amongst the following or if you have better alternatives without compromising sound quality.
1. Boston Acoustics A26 or Wharfedale Diamond 200
2. Amp Marantz PM 5005 or M-CR 510

MCR 510 has better connectivity options ie more sound inputs, but is it better in processing music also or PM 5005 is better??? Bcoz both are different series, so i am confused.
Also both the speakers listed above are similarly price but original price of BA A26 is more than Diamond 200, after discount on Hifi Mart, BA26 is cheaper than the latter. So which one is actually better. Also how is elac B6 as compared to these, though it is expensive.

Plz help in deciding

never heard wharfe ......but a26 is awesome

They are all roughly comparable, priced broadly the same (in more mature markets) and equally well rated..
It will come down to your individual taste in music and the sonic signature you prefer - I opted for the A26 for my kitchen build simply because it is currently well discounted in India making it a better buy than the rest..
I considered the B6 but a) found it overpriced in India b) considered the option of lugging it from the UK on a trip but didn't find the delta in the SQ worth the hassle
I also considered the Diamond 220 but found the A26 better for my personal use case for this build

Thanks a lot for the valuable input

I have a pair of Boston A-26 in my media room. The sound stage is excellent and if you like music which has a lot of low range they sound excellent. They are at a really good price and sound excellent with the 5004 I have.

BA A26 sounds little on brighter side whereas Wharfdale 220 sounds on warmer side. Wharfdale 220 will give you clean and punchy base due to new design of bass port. Wharfdale 220 are placement friendly, can keep close to wall for thick bass whereas BA A26 are rear ported so needs sufficient space behind to perform well. Generally Marantz work well with warm sounding speakers.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back