Bought a LG LD550

ranjitonly

Hi,

I just came across this forum for hardcore videophiles/audiophiles while researching and searching reviews of LCD TVs in India yesterday. I was blown away with the kind of knowledge and techno-awareness which was floating in these threads.I am a resident of Borivli, Mumbai. Anyways my requirement was pretty simple :

- LCD 32"
- Full HD
- USB compatibility (playing all formats like .avi,.divx,.mkv,etc)
- sound & PQ
- ASS
- VFM

Going through the various print ads from Samsung, i had shortlisted the Samsung C530 & C550 and the LG LD 460 after going through this forum.

I finally ventured out yesterday evening to get the best deal. My 1st stop was Next which was giving me the C530 in 34.5K while LD 460 was avail at 32.5k with the free tata sky offer and some scratch card which would give me some other further discounts. I had already enquired with another LG showroom and they were offering LD 460 at 31k as a special discount offer only for yesterday with TATA Sky and some other Dominos gift voucher & another gift.

When i actually compared LG LD 460 with Samsung C530 i realised that LG was a but less brighter than Samsung. The reason for that was that LG it seems uses thicker coating on its panels compared to Samsung/Sony hence the difference in brightness. However, the thing that clinched for me was LG plays all the movie formats including MKV which Samsung doesnt.

Yet, I was still not sure about LG because apart from the VFM price which I was getting for it, had read some issues about panels on this forum. But the showroom guys had no such complaints with regards to LG it seems. But Next guys were of the opinion that SAmsung is better though LG has better A.S.S. From Next i went to JP Electronics in Borivli west from where I had bought my LG double door refrigerator. Frankly speaking I am very much comfortable with LG's brand value compared to Samsung except for Mobile phones.

At JP, I got to compare more number of LCD models next to each other. JP guys were pushing LG comapred to Samsung ( dont know if they get a better commission from LG). They were also appreciating the IPS panels of LG. there i noticed that the LD 460 is having a better PQ than Samsung C530 & C550. One more thing which i wanted was a 100Hz LCD which the C530 wasnt. Then i noticed the LD 550 and after telling the salesman to illustrate the difference between a 50Hz & a 100Hz TV i was enlightened.

In case of a 50Hz TV, when you are watching the news/biz channels the text & figures rolling off the ticker tend to leave the screen & causes a strain on the eyes. While the 100Hz TV doesnt cause a issue. Also the LD 550 was amazing while watching Animal Planet & sports channels. also i got a vey good deal at 32.5k with the exchange of my old TV.:clapping:

So have made a cheque payment, and now waiting for the delivery in 3 days time.

Will post a detailed ownership thread later.

THanks to all the info which i got on this forum for me to make an enlightened decision.

Regards,
Ranjit

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back