Bought Denon 891 and Infinity SW 312 from US

tmraj

Friends,

Just wanted to share some of my latest buys.

Bought Denon 891 [equivalent to 2311] from 6th Avenue.com. Got it for USD 400 + USD 20 shipping to CA [not to India :)]

Bought Infinity 312 400w 12" SW. Got it for USD 285 + USD 30 shipping.

Both were shipped to my bro in San Jose, CA.

One of my relatives brought it to India ydy. Was all excited to unpack both ydy evening. Both have come in good condition. It was checked in with factory package. That really helps. However, i didnt incurr any additoinal baggage charges as he and his family traveled business class and they can carry three piece of luggage each. Otherwise the landed cost would have gone gone up. They dont seem to have faced any problem in customs. i am ye to speak in detail to them on that.

Infinity SW looks great in black, and 12" driver looks huge. i am kind of worried of pictures and show pieces on my wall and corner stands now ;)

Ohh yaa i also bought interconnects from amazon. Didnt buy speaker cables though as i didnt want to risk getting the length wrong. Detailed discussions in this forum on cables helped me decide how much to spend on cables. Didnt go with very expensive ones neither did i buy $1 cables. And i got monster 8ft component cable for $7.5. So i bought it though i was not keen on spending on monster at its MRP.

cables that i bought -

1. Mediabridge Ultra Series - Dual Shielded Subwoofer Cable - RCA to RCA Gold Plated Pro Grade Connectors (8 Feet) $ 9
  2. Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest HDMI Version Available] - (10 Feet) 11.99 USD
  3. Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest HDMI Version Available] - (15 Feet) 13.99 USD
  4. Belkin PureAV Digital Optical Audio Cable (12 Feet) 10.18 USD
  5. Mediabridge Ultra Series - Dual Shielded Subwoofer Cable - RCA to RCA Gold Plated Pro Grade Connectors (15 Feet) $10
  6. Monster ULT V800 CV-8 Ultra 800 Component Video Cables (8 feet)
planning to buy Maxine Step Down of 1.5 kva. Amit has given a quote of Rs 3575. Have bought 2 kva Servo Stab from Universal Transformers for Rs 6100

will be buying either Wahrf 10.6 or Aviano. Will update once the set up is complete.

Congratulations on yr new set up and thanks for the complete description,specially the cables part.
Do keep updating your next set of additions and also your experiences once the system has been set up.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back