Bought LG 50PM6700

mallikyoganand

I was in the market for a TV for my bedroom. I have a LG 42" LED (LH90, Apr 2010 bought) which is serving me well (Airtel HD). I moved to Hyd last month and wanted a 2nd TV as my parents live with me too here.
Checked reviews and found that Panasonic plasmas ( ST,GT,VT series) are the best in terms of PQ. But, I couldnt find there anywhere in market (online or in the city). I waited for about 3-4 weeks but never got a lead.
Frustrated, I decided to look further. In LEDs, I liked Samsung 46 7500 model with HT for 1.14 l. I almost bought it for its feature set and good PQ. However, I wanted to check out plasmas from Samsung/LG. Had two options 51E550 from Samsung for 74k (with blu ray player) and LG PM6700 (with sound bar) for 72k. Also, I got a 42" ST30 display model for 60k. Checked all 3 models in different showrooms and hence no room to compare directly.
I didnt consider ST30 as I wanted 46"-50" TV. Samsung was great but I checked out the model on Sunday afternoon and the display piece had reflected a lot. LG plasma was equally good with smart and 3D features. It has matte screen and didnt find as much reflection as Samsung.
Bought LG 50PM6700. There aren't many reviews online and not many suggested this model. However, I trusted my eyes and I have been happy with LG before (3D blu ray, LG LED before) and so bought it.

I watch airtel digital TV and stream Grey's Anatomy through my Lappy. I kept the contrast and brightness to less than 50. And I make sure not to keep airtel for long.
TV was a brand new piece and had 0 hours. Currently I clocked 25 hours. No IR issue.
I am yet to try 3D content. This model comes with Active glasses technology unlike passive ones with LG LED.

I was in the market for a TV for my bedroom. I have a LG 42" LED (LH90, Apr 2010 bought) which is serving me well (Airtel HD). I moved to Hyd last month and wanted a 2nd TV as my parents live with me too here.
Checked reviews and found that Panasonic plasmas ( ST,GT,VT series) are the best in terms of PQ. But, I couldnt find there anywhere in market (online or in the city). I waited for about 3-4 weeks but never got a lead.
Frustrated, I decided to look further. In LEDs, I liked Samsung 46 7500 model with HT for 1.14 l. I almost bought it for its feature set and good PQ. However, I wanted to check out plasmas from Samsung/LG. Had two options 51E550 from Samsung for 74k (with blu ray player) and LG PM6700 (with sound bar) for 72k. Also, I got a 42" ST30 display model for 60k. Checked all 3 models in different showrooms and hence no room to compare directly.
I didnt consider ST30 as I wanted 46"-50" TV. Samsung was great but I checked out the model on Sunday afternoon and the display piece had reflected a lot. LG plasma was equally good with smart and 3D features. It has matte screen and didnt find as much reflection as Samsung.
Bought LG 50PM6700. There aren't many reviews online and not many suggested this model. However, I trusted my eyes and I have been happy with LG before (3D blu ray, LG LED before) and so bought it.

I watch airtel digital TV and stream Grey's Anatomy through my Lappy. I kept the contrast and brightness to less than 50. And I make sure not to keep airtel for long.
TV was a brand new piece and had 0 hours. Currently I clocked 25 hours. No IR issue.
I am yet to try 3D content. This model comes with Active glasses technology unlike passive ones with LG LED.

Congrats on your new buy. I also bought a LG 47" LED 3D LM6200 model couple of days back. The 3D content is absolutely stunning. Watched couple of IMAX 3D contents and also the movie Transformers in 3D. Mine uses passive glasses. How good is the active glasses? How long does it take to get it charged? I'm using Airtel and the HD contents are really good but SD pic quality is average. Thinking of switching over to Videocon DTH soon as they have an active 3D channel and also ESPN and Star Cricket HD channels which was recently bunked by Airtel.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back