Bravia HX850 successor -W900A with Quantum Dot !

avmaxfan

The HX850 was very popular in 2012, with excellent PQ and winning multiple TV of the year awards. It's successor - W900A promises to be even better!

It uses Triluminous backlight and Quantum Dot technology. The world's first "mass market" TV to use Quantum Dot.

If you wanna know what that means reads this FlatPanelsHD article

Sony Triluminos in W900 uses Quantum Dots - FlatpanelsHD

8360516165_d31290876b.jpg

W900A specs

Available in 55 inches (more sizes may be announced)
X-Reality PRO
TRILUMINOS display
Motionflow XR 800Hz
Active 3D
Long Duct Speaker
Clear Phase
S-FORCE Front Surround 3D
One-touch mirroring with NFC
TV Side View
Sony Entertainment Network
Super Multi-Format USB Play

sIfdrqd.jpg

Last edited:
here are flatpanel HD's initial observation about this new LCD television.

Sony says that Triluminos can reproduce 50 % more of the color gamut visible to the human eye, compared to conventional LED models. However, in practice this has not effect as movies and TV shows are not created for the more complete color palette yet.

FlatpanelsHD saw Sonys Triluminos technology in action at CES and the colors definitely appeared more intense. However, Sony had also made some colors appear too intense, reducing for example shadow detailing. The Triluminos technology is certainly very exciting but we hope for a more balanced outcome when the final products arrive in a few months.

Sony Triluminos in W900 uses Quantum Dots - FlatpanelsHD

Hi, Just FYI. Had visited Sony world few days back in Pune as I have been enquiring about new models of 850 and 925 for some time now. The sales manager told that the current 850 has been discotinued and is being replaced by the above model shortly. He mentioed that the launch may be some time soon in Feb/March 2013 and prices would be comparable with today's pricing.

I have been using 40W300A since last 5 years and people / friends visiting my home talk about the superior picture quality of the tv compared to the current lot of LCDs & LEDs. Display setting have been tweaked by myself and I still recall that this set was purchased at INR 123,000/- 5 years back and no issues so far. Still loving it.....

Seems exiciting time is approaching fast.

Regards,

Amit

bravia 2013 led tvs some more insight....
X9000A series
available in 65 and 55 4K (3840x2160 resolution)
4K X-Reality PRO
TRILUMINOS Display
Motionflow XR 800Hz
Passive 3D
Magnetic Fluid Speaker
Clear Phase
TV SideView
Super Multi Format USB Play
W900A series
available in 55/46/40
X-Reality PRO
TRILUMINOS Display
Motionflow XR 800Hz
Active 3D
Long Duct Speaker
Clear Phase
TV SideView

W802A series
available in 55/47/42

X-Reality PRO
Motionflow XR 400Hz
Passive 3D
Bass Reflex Box Speaker
Clear Phase
TV SideView

W650A series
available in 42 and 32
W600A series
available in 32/24

X-Reality PRO
Motionflow XR 200Hz
Bass Reflex Box
Clear Phase Speaker
Screen Mirroring
TV Side View
Super Multi Format USB play

great to see sony finally takes the fight to lg by introducing passive 3d models

Thanks for all the info...hope these hit the market sooner thanlater...any idea about the expected price of W900A 46inch & 55 inch er?

Regards

Prices havnt been declared yet most probably ending march w900a is going to replace hx850 so expectations are v high

Prices havnt been declared yet most probably ending march w900a is going to replace hx850 so expectations are v high

In that case do you expect HX 850 prces to drop once this comes in? Or is this going to replace HX850 altogether? Im sure dealers would be hving spare stock of 850 which I could opt for at a lower price...Im looking at the 46 incher ....

In that case do you expect HX 850 prces to drop once this comes in? Or is this going to replace HX850 altogether? Im sure dealers would be hving spare stock of 850 which I could opt for at a lower price...Im looking at the 46 incher ....
ya i think it would not be a bad idea to wait for the launch if dey go ahead and replace it with hx850 which looks very likely then surely dealers would be under pressure to clear the pending stocks would be a good opportunity for us buyers to make most of it :eek:hyeah:

ya i think it would not be a bad idea to wait for the launch if dey go ahead and replace it with hx850 which looks very likely then surely dealers would be under pressure to clear the pending stocks would be a good opportunity for us buyers to make most of it :eek:hyeah:
Dealers in Sony are not allowed to deviate from standard prices. I do not think that dealers keep a large stock ready in hand. They have a good idea on inventory turns. So the onus will be on Sony to reduce prices.

The 2013 models from all three major brands aren't going to be a massive improvement over the present models. This year is going to be a transitional year for manufacturers as to which way they want to go before they invest their resources. LCD/LED has gone as far as it can go. Any AV enthusiast would know that 4k is a myth below 55". Forget the content the picture quality difference does not offset the price difference between a 2k TV and a 4k one. In a country like India where DTH is a staple diet for most, 4k will never be a tilting factor at-least not in the short/medium term.

Most manufacturers have seriously cut down their plasma and it is a matter of time before the technology will only be available in the museums a much as avid plasma enthusiasts might wanna argue against.

Coming back to the 2013 models most manufacturers will be using the same panels from the 2012 range and hence any improvement in picture quality will depend on the software side which has been seriously exploited in the last few years. I would advice anybody looking for a TV to pickup a 2012 model available on discount as the dealers look to clear the stocks to make space for the new models.

Im looking at the 46 incher ....

IIRC, I saw a couple of links on the web presuming that the available screen sizes on the W900A were going to be 42", 50", 55". No 46" on the W900A and no HX series would mean that those looking for this screen size would have to go for the EX, NX series.

I guess we will know for sure with regard to screen sizes only when Sony announces the retail availability of the W900A but it is a thought to be kept in mind for those specifically looking for a 46" Sony HX850 and better.

IIRC, I saw a couple of links on the web presuming that the available screen sizes on the W900A were going to be 42", 50", 55". No 46" on the W900A and no HX series would mean that those looking for this screen size would have to go for the EX, NX series.

I guess we will know for sure with regard to screen sizes only when Sony announces the retail availability of the W900A but it is a thought to be kept in mind for those specifically looking for a 46" Sony HX850 and better.

That's incorrect.

W900A comes in 40", 46" and 55".

W802A comes in 42", 47" and 55".

And there won't be any EX,NX this year. You have W900A, W802A, W650A, and W600A.

W900A - 40,46,55 - Active 3D, Triluminous LED + Quantum Dots
W802A - 42,47,55 - Passive 3D, IPS panel
W650A- 32", 42" - 2D model, IPS panel
W600A - 24", 32" - 2D base model AMVA panel

Last edited:
An update for the members.

HX850, HX950 and HX750 have been discontinued. :) So anyone interested in getting these sets, hurry up. Last remaining stocks may be cleared soon.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back