Bravia HX850 successor -W900A with Quantum Dot !

I sincerely hope it happens.
Also if priced correctly, it will give Sony a chance to compete with LG in the passive 3DTV segment.

Absolute contrast of the panel is the least of concerns in a moving picture. What matters more is how uniform the panel is and how much clouding exists in the panel.

Also while VA panels do have better absolute contrast, they have much much poorer color accuracy compared to IPS panels. So while you gain contrast, you lose color accuracy which to me is sort of a deal breaker.

Who told you VA panel got much much poor color accuracy..I use EX520 which utilize VA panel and I posted http://www.hifivision.com/television/37140-screencaps-sony-ex-520-a.html a lot of screen captures..not sure where I am getting much much poor color accuracy.

I think it's another misconception people have about IPS panels. Sure they have better color accuracy compared to TN panels, but high end VA panels do as good a job or better.

I think it's another misconception people have about IPS panels. Sure they have better color accuracy compared to TN panels, but high end VA panels do as good a job or better.

Fully agree here, I have a EX650 and more than happy with PQ. Samsung has got a lottery system when it comes to panels, but with Sony you are sure to get it.

Who told you VA panel got much much poor color accuracy..

Who told? its a known fact and it is backed by numbers and measurements so what he said is quite true and a universally known fact.

All pro monitors used in all studio's have IPS panel because of its superior color accuracy, there are 30" IPS monitors which cost more than 6K dollars and they use IPS panels.

BTW i have 2 46" EX520 at my home and i know what color accuracy it produces.

yes unfortunately you have all of Sony's worst tvs at your disposal so no need to say it again and again and again and again......we all sympathize for that.

"Sony's worst tv's" yes, so finally we are on the same page to agree that Sony does make many worst products.I see that you have the EX520 which you seem to be sympathizing with me. best of luck!

I mean look at the trend of this thread and past sony threads,in the past in all sony threads peeps said VA is superior and IPS is bad mostly with zero numbers to back up(specially avmaxfan and lake1988) or zero in depth explanation, now in this thread after knowing Sony uses IPS i see comments like "i am sure Sony can make IPS work wonders" , "i have a feeling Sony can do it" , " i have a dream there are angels" and so on :D.This is how most of Sony loving posts have been in the past, the company is a sinking ship along with philips CE lol.

Who told? its a known fact and it is backed by numbers and measurements so what he said is quite true and a universally known fact.

All pro monitors used in all studio's have IPS panel because of its superior color accuracy, there are 30" IPS monitors which cost more than 6K dollars and they use IPS panels.

BTW i have 2 46" EX520 at my home and i know what color accuracy it produces.

I have a 55" HX720 and its one of the worst television that i laid my eyes on, the pic quality is strictly below average, it has back light bleeding and the motion handling algorithm is painful to watch, the build and quality of plastic used feels quite cheap as well. I have not seen the HX750 personally though i guess it is the replacement model for HX720.

2 46" EX520s and 1 55" HX720.
If you are so bothered by Sony's Color Accuracy, why on earth are you still buying them. In your words, to save Sony's Sinking Ship, is it?

2 46" EX520s and 1 55" HX720.
If you are so bothered by Sony's Color Accuracy, why on earth are you still buying them. In your words, to save Sony's Sinking Ship, is it?

Where on earth did i say i bought them? and why on earth are you assuming? of course i have Sony LCD's at home but that does not mean i bought them.

I never bought LCD's in my life(except for my monitor's), i only buy plasma's, the LCD's at my home are bought by my family members.

Where on earth did i say i bought them? and why on earth are you assuming? of course i have Sony LCD's at home but that does not mean i bought them.

I never bought LCD's in my life(except for my monitor's), i only buy plasma's, the LCD's at my home are bought by my family members.

If you couldnt convince your own family members against buying it, then how you hope people here will be convinced with your logic :)

I don't think this thread should be hijacked with another Plasma Vs LED debate :)

both are good and deserve a space!! No point doing Sony bashing!

If you couldnt convince your own family members against buying it, then how you hope people here will be convinced with your logic :)

My logic? lol its not my logic, its reality and a fact that all reference television on the planet since past few years have always been a plasma. So i guess when you say its my logic you fail to understand common known facts.

No, it actually proves i never force or push my personal preference into anyone's buying decision, however i also never fail to voice my opinion very clearly but the final buying decision is not mine unless it's me who is buying the TV.

That is why since past so many years i am happy with plasma's and never switched to LCD's but i cannot say the same about my family members :D

example :I really like the Nissan GTR and i would want to buy one but i am not going to convince my father or any other member of my family to get a GTR.

No point doing Sony bashing!

Its not Sony bashing or imaginary comments like some people post here, its rather my personal experiences with Sony products.I like looking at products beyond just the brand name and most definitely wont pay more for a product just because it has a fancy name.IMO Sony televisions are way over priced for the quality it offered, Sony televisions used to be good once upon a time but not anymore.

Of course i most definitely reply when people blindly post one liners like "Get the Sony if you want picture quality" like they are the absolute experts in picture quality and not providing the reason or any parameter in what way the picture is better.

Also my posts are more visible because there is a lot of Sony related posts started by members even for a small thing like "Sony introduced a new LCD model A" but you wont see that kind of marketing for any other brand here in the forum.

Last edited:
My logic? lol its not my logic, its reality and a fact that all reference television on the planet since past few years have always been a plasma. So i guess when you say its my logic you fail to understand common known facts.

No, it actually proves i never force or push my personal preference into anyone's buying decision, however i also never fail to voice my opinion very clearly but the final buying decision is not mine unless it's me who is buying the TV.

That is why since past so many years i am happy with plasma's and never switched to LCD's but i cannot say the same about my family members :D

example :I really like the Nissan GTR and i would want to buy one but i am not going to convince my father or any other member of my family to get a GTR.

Its not Sony bashing or imaginary comments like some people post here, its rather my personal experiences with Sony products.I like looking at products beyond just the brand name and most definitely wont pay more for a product just because it has a fancy name.IMO Sony televisions are way over priced for the quality it offered, Sony televisions used to be good once upon a time but not anymore.

Of course i most definitely reply when people blindly post one liners like "Get the Sony if you want picture quality" like they are the absolute experts in picture quality and not providing the reason or any parameter in what way the picture is better.

Also my posts are more visible because there is a lot of Sony related posts started by members even for a small thing like "Sony introduced a new LCD model A" but you wont see that kind of marketing for any other brand here in the forum.
There is some truth here. :cool:

For the rest of us who are still keen on knowing more about W900, here is a glimpse. Got this while searching for Xperia Z.
Sony Xperia Z - Using NFC WI-FI link with Bravia tv - YouTube
It may be a W8 or a W9.

I specially liked that effect which happens at around 1:03 when the guy beam the movie to the TV, the SONY Logo glows first and then the light gets passed above and fades over the entire screen. A simple and elegant touch.

Sony should stop behaving like retards and support all the audio and video formats like mkv,ac3,dts etc. Atleast start from this model.

Hope my ST50 gets an update with NFC. Cool feature.
I am also planning to buy BB z10 which has NFC. Hope there is no separate hardware required in the TV to support NFC and its just only the networking software stack.

Other companies too sell blu ray players but they dont cripple their tv's to sell their players.

But other companies don't own Music and Hollywood studios.They know first hand the revenue loss due to piracy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back