Broadband Laptop Dongle

AMITNOIDA

My son at Bangalore needs a broadband Laptop dongle. He is a student and obviously looking for a cost effective connection and plan. The nearby shops to his college offers the following dongles:
1) Reliance
2) Tata Photon
I don't know there may be more.

He is looking for a Value considering speed, prepaid tariff plan and convenience. Can the HFV members please suggest your experiences specially at Bangalore and suggest the best value connection for him?

Regards

Amit

In Mumbai MTS is good ( that is whatI heard) I found rates and schemes v v competitive.

Denzong our member is senio person in MTS . @ denzong please can you help regarding service availabalityin B'lore ,plans , any spl schemes etc?

If you are looking for 3g service then get an unlocked 3G dongle from ebay and use sim of any provider. I bought idea unlocked dongle and it works well with my bsnl 3g sim. All the settings are preloaded, so in the application just select the service provider to connect to internet. Moreover you can make video calls and send sms.

Baiju, good idea. Being on lookout for a cheap tab, i found that different tabs have limited usb modem brand support. But if unlockd modems are available then we have no bar.

My son at Bangalore needs a broadband Laptop dongle. He is a student and obviously looking for a cost effective connection and plan. The nearby shops to his college offers the following dongles:
1) Reliance
2) Tata Photon
I don't know there may be more.

He is looking for a Value considering speed, prepaid tariff plan and convenience. Can the HFV members please suggest your experiences specially at Bangalore and suggest the best value connection for him?

Regards

Amit

Have used a reliance dongle in Bangalore and it's been bad. I haven't seen the promised 3.1mbps ever in the past year or so and sometimes the data speed drops down to just bits. I finally gave up and I use my Airtel 2G on the phone to create a hotspot for my laptop.

I don't know about tata photon but would assume it would be better than the reliance one.

I stay in Central Kolkata (Pin 700 012) and most wireless Broadband dont work and the speed is very slow......I use BSNL ADSL Broadband......

I don't know if unlocked modems will work with tablets.

Yes, most of the tabs will support, I have tried my unlocked huawei 1550 with different tablets (imported from China) and they seem to work. They will identify the APN and get connected automatically.

You may need to use micro USB to USB female cable for the connection.

All so called usb things are ripoff ..

if he is at hostel wired connections will be best with a router.

if speed is not must GPRS VIA his cell is best.
(assuming he has android or adv cell phone)
for tab the wifi tether via his cell is best option no need of router!

if u need speed activate 3g on his cell,wifi tether to laptop, monthly 1200Rs will have to pay i suppose.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back