budget amp for wharfedale 9.1

jit_devil2

well in an attempt to make my first hifi stereo system on "too tight" of a shoe string budget(literally saved up by skipping meals and saving up tiffin money) :D i got myself a pair of used wharfedale 9.1 bookshelves at the moment they are running through my phillips mcd177 dvd player cum integrated amp(d class) rated @ 4 ohms 20w(each channel) and they sound pretty good atleast way better than the desktop speakers which i had owned previously.

that being said i am still on the lookout for a budget amp which can help the sound get better.now with a budget as low as i am on 7-8k (stretched to the brink) the norge 2060 seems my only option and they supposedly matches the wharfes pretty well.

but with the topping tp20 in much prominence in the forums now-days was wondering how the little guy would go with the 9.1s and against the norge.

would like feedback from anyone who has actually heard the combo in action or any suggestions from inhouse audio gurus.

if someone owns the topping amp in kolkata i would kindly request him/her to step up(nothing better than personal assessment)

p.s:anyone wanting to offer any used material solution is also welcome :):)

Hi , I have a Rotel 931Mk II Integrated amplifier which I am not using now. I can offer a good price if you are interested. The amplifier is in excellent condition.

regards

Hi , I have a Rotel 931Mk II Integrated amplifier which I am not using now. I can offer a good price if you are interested. The amplifier is in excellent condition.

regards

thanks let me read up a bit about the amp and then will get back to you

ya i also stumbled across these and many more threads but was wondering if anyone knows how the tripath tp20 does against the norge.

I have a norge 2060 which I plan to sell for an upgrade.. It is about a year old.. i'm in calcutta so let me know if you're interested..

hi jit,
i've replied to your PM but doubt if it has been delivered... pls let me know if you've received it...

Last edited:
ya got the p.m.........will check out next week............

btw anyone has any idea about the marantz pm6002 availability/price in kolkata???

Hi

requesting suggestions for 2 channel AMP for my month Old Wharfedale 9.1 BS
I want inputs for Marantz PM6004 with 9.1s

Boyireddy

Jit, have you checked olx and quickr? there are often very good models going for very cheap / under 10k on those two websites. You should look them up.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back