Budget HT system

shantanu1

I've been lurking and reading the posts on HFV for a while but decided to sign up now :)
I'm building my first HT and want to seek your suggestions. It will be paired with a 55" LG OLED.
Constraints/Requirements:
- Budget is strictly 50-55K max
- Need is mostly for movies and OTT apps shows (Netflix/Prime etc).
- 5.1 system with not much need to expand in future at least for 5 years. Can overhaul completely after that.
- Should support HDR10/Dolby Vision (for online shows etc and also for gaming. Currently have a PS4 and will be getting a PS5 as soon as it launches)
- Reliable system with good after sales service
- Don't want used pieces

Options that I thought of:
- Yamaha YHT 3072: Price offered to me is between 48-50K including installation etc. This comes with just about OK speaker set which may be an ok upgrade from my current setup but may make me look for upgrading speakers.
- Yamaha HTR 3072 AVR + Taga 806S (2 pairs) for front and surround + Taga 806C for center + Yamaha NS SW050 active sub. This may land around 55K. Not sure though if it is a significant upgrade over YHT3072 and whether the speakers will match with HTR 3072 (From specs, I think they will but not sure and seeking opinion)
- Any other options?

- Yamaha HTR 3072 AVR + Taga 806S (2 pairs) for front and surround + Taga 806C for center + Yamaha NS SW050 active sub. This may land around 55K.

This is a better option in my opinion.. May be change the subwoofer if you have options and if your budget allows..

Not sure though if it is a significant upgrade over YHT3072 and whether the speakers will match with HTR 3072 (From specs, I think they will but not sure and seeking opinion)

Yes, the Taga speakers are standalone offering like any other brand and an upgrade over HTR 3072 HTIB speakers..

Back