Budget HT system

shantanu1

I've been lurking and reading the posts on HFV for a while but decided to sign up now :)
I'm building my first HT and want to seek your suggestions. It will be paired with a 55" LG OLED.
Constraints/Requirements:
- Budget is strictly 50-55K max
- Need is mostly for movies and OTT apps shows (Netflix/Prime etc).
- 5.1 system with not much need to expand in future at least for 5 years. Can overhaul completely after that.
- Should support HDR10/Dolby Vision (for online shows etc and also for gaming. Currently have a PS4 and will be getting a PS5 as soon as it launches)
- Reliable system with good after sales service
- Don't want used pieces

Options that I thought of:
- Yamaha YHT 3072: Price offered to me is between 48-50K including installation etc. This comes with just about OK speaker set which may be an ok upgrade from my current setup but may make me look for upgrading speakers.
- Yamaha HTR 3072 AVR + Taga 806S (2 pairs) for front and surround + Taga 806C for center + Yamaha NS SW050 active sub. This may land around 55K. Not sure though if it is a significant upgrade over YHT3072 and whether the speakers will match with HTR 3072 (From specs, I think they will but not sure and seeking opinion)
- Any other options?

- Yamaha HTR 3072 AVR + Taga 806S (2 pairs) for front and surround + Taga 806C for center + Yamaha NS SW050 active sub. This may land around 55K.

This is a better option in my opinion.. May be change the subwoofer if you have options and if your budget allows..

Not sure though if it is a significant upgrade over YHT3072 and whether the speakers will match with HTR 3072 (From specs, I think they will but not sure and seeking opinion)

Yes, the Taga speakers are standalone offering like any other brand and an upgrade over HTR 3072 HTIB speakers..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back