Budget Speakers Auditioned-A noobs Take

Magma

Thats some real good work you are doing. Nice to hear that an Indian manufacturer is giving high end imported stuff a run for their money.

Could you please post the address and telephone no of Eastern Electronics (Norge). Perhaps i can fix up an appointment with Mr. Bajaj when i am in Mumbai in a month.
I live in Bhopal where there is not a single dealer in Audio hifi.
I have ordered a Oppo 980H from US which i'll be using as a source. Plan to pair it with Norge 2060 or 1000. With this combo i'll try some budget speakers.
Presently concentrating on 2 channel stereo only.

Keep up the good work Magma. What do you think of this combo? Norge 2060 paired with Image 15 or KEF for 60-70s Hindi music esp. Lata Mangeshkar tracks?

Address for eastern electronics can easily be found on their website
Google for Norge audio India
you can get telephone nos from there as well

The 2060 amp is good , however if i were you i would take the more powerful norge concerto gold 1000 amp for 2000rs more.
The amp is quite neutral and would pair with any speaker.
Also you can think of pairing it with the PSB Alpha B1 which is cheaper than the B15 and also a very good speaker having similar charecteristics .
A tannoy F1 custom is also an option
You wil need to hear all the speakers to decide which flavour you like

Last edited:
Magma what happened to your purchase decision? Waht did you decide on finally?

vortex
ive liked the PSB Image series standmounts

also ive liked the tannoy F1 customs ( however im definetely not gonna shell out 18k for these - 12-14 would be fair )

amps im looking out for some pre owned marantz or NAD . If i cant find some decent pieces i will have to buy new

also i have liked the norge amp however not possible to do an audition with my speaker choices so im not so sure i wanna take risk of buying it first.

other than that purchase decsion is just posponed a bit because i may be moving into a new home (actaully old previous home)
Though this postponement has cost me quite a bit considering how the dollar is climbing these days

i have an option of sourcing an amp from the US.
but the voltage problems/custom hassles etc add skeptism.

Last edited:
Good luck with your quest, Magma. I would always say that the speakers are the more important buy compared to the amplifier. But there may be different schools of thought on that.

NEXT

CDP : marantz Blue ray player
AMP : Denon PMa 500
SPEAKER : Jamo C series 405 (price 29k)
(this is not the 406 S series speaker towers that you get with the HT package! this a
higher series and sold 2.0)

Build quality : well this was far supereior to the S606.
i think the c series is higher than the S and more expensive too ( jamo 606
only at 23k)
the shape was good and wood was excellent . reminded me of klipch.terminlas were lovely and a large rear port.
the speaker has a midrange 5-6inch and a basswoofer 5-6 inch with the
mandatory tweeter fcourse.

My take
sounded a lot better than the famed 606 i must say. the vocals were more
defined and the bass was tighter than the MS 904.
this speaker had the widest sounstage ive ever heard! it was a live performance for me in that respect.
the highs were rolled of just the way i like it

i think i liked it better
than the warfedale 9.5 and i would easily advice this over the 9.5 diamond.
i would consider this if my budget would allow it.

i completly agree with,the C405 is indeed the better compared to the others speakers that i had auditioned like wharfedale 9.5,9.6 ,MS 904i.
for me i realy didnt like wharfedale 9.5 nor the 9.6,i found the MS 904i much better,the bass is indeed lacking but the midrange,voice is very good,but the jamo c405 was the best had a very tight bass, the detail level is better then the above,it still looses to the detail level produced C605 abd E875,but these speakers lack the bass,which i felt was to shallow compared to c405.
and the best price i could find c405 was for 32k after bargaining in cinebals bangalore.

and as anyone seen or auditioned the new cambridge audio S70 floorstanders .

i completly agree with,the C405 is indeed the better compared to the others speakers that i had auditioned like wharfedale 9.5,9.6 ,MS 904i.
for me i realy didnt like wharfedale 9.5 nor the 9.6,i found the MS 904i much better,the bass is indeed lacking but the midrange,voice is very good,but the jamo c405 was the best had a very tight bass, the detail level is better then the above,it still looses to the detail level produced C605 abd E875,but these speakers lack the bass,which i felt was to shallow compared to c405.
and the best price i could find c405 was for 32k after bargaining in cinebals bangalore.

and as anyone seen or auditioned the new cambridge audio S70 floorstanders .

I wonder how you guys get these C405 speakers for 29 and 32K! That should mean that I suck at bargaining. The Chennai Cinebel guys stay put at 40 K for this lovely speaker. This was a few months back though.

I wonder how you guys get these C405 speakers for 29 and 32K! That should mean that I suck at bargaining. The Chennai Cinebel guys stay put at 40 K for this lovely speaker. This was a few months back though.

btw this price which i got was in last july when i auditioned those speakers,who know the prices might be the same now in bangalore,because it is cinebals:( its very tough to bargain with them initialy they quoted a price of 35k which was intoductry offer managed to bargain it for 32k,anway i didnt buy it since i know people like magma gets better deals from the non cinebals dealer,anyway i remember speaking to a dealer in the north i believe from ahmedabad,got his number from avmax ads,he was willing to ship to bangalore,all this via phone(btw in last july)he said he can give it for 30k,not sure whats the shipping charge,i guess should be around 1k.

Last edited:

hmm (29k)
and I Havent even bargined AS YET!
i would offer members to get them good deals through people i have come to know of if not for my oath - (dont buy electronics for others!)

Hi Magma,

I recently auditioned PSB Image B15+Nad325...Liked the sound. About to audition Jamo C405 too..Would like to know if possible, when and from whom did you get the price of 29K for C405. Sound Out at Heera Panna quoted 42K...no bargainging yet of course.

Thanks in advance.
anbk123

Sorry anm, I've yet to audition any of the Jamo products . Will let u know if I happen to audition this model.

Best,
anbk123

In noida E 680 floor standers are selling for ~30k. Are these speakers any good? Is the price right? Is the price right when compared to others in this price range?

regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back