[Buying Advice] IEM for portable Music player 2-5k

Sarath_

I have been seeing my pair of CX180s die for way too long now. Its been 4months since I listened to my ipod or any player for that matter. So I am looking for new ones to replace them.

I would like to state that I really loved the Sennheiser CX180s. They are the best I have heard as of now. I would have bought another pair but I want to explore others too and hence haven't repeated my purchase.

BUDGET: Around 2k. If it is worth it then I can go up, not a problem.

USAGE SCENARIO: Will be used with these devices- ipod touch, xperia arc phone, and iphone 4.

PREFERENCES: I am not really good at converting an aural experience into words but you can say I am one of those "bass lovers".
Also I am a little rough with my devices so a sturdy one with good build quality is a must.

This might be just another IEM thread but I have been searching for what seems like ages now. During the past few months I have pondered over getting many phones but couldn't decide upon one or couldn't find the one I had decided upon.

IMPORTANT POINT: Please give me a source where I can buy the recommended set of phones; either online (link) or local shops in Bangalore. This is very important for me as I know which are the good ones but have no idea where to find them.

During my search I came upon many IEMs (online), here they are:
Senn Cx180
Senn CX 300
Brainwavz M1, M2, pro alpha
Klipsch S4
Monster Turbine (just for fun)
Monster ibeats (saw these for Rs.6000)
a couple more I can't remember at this time​

That is not my final list nor my choices. Those and a few more are what I have read about in the past 3-4months.

Kindly suggest me a good pair for my usage. (and source please)

Back