Buying CDs Online

Anybody interested in original Audio CD's sealed or Mint Condition available like hindi movies and ghazals...please ping me or PM me.

Managed to get hold of the Indian Ocean set offline at a little premium ( Kandisa/Jhini / Desert Rain) and got Tandanu & Very Best of Indian Ocean from Amazon

I've had good experiences with Amazon.co.uk. For Western Classical I go to https://www.prestomusic.com/classical which have discount offers from time to time. But neither of these are cheap, and focused more on Western.

I've tried ebay (.com/.co.uk) in the past for Indian music but it's a hit and miss affair where your CDs might get lost. My best bet remains FMs here who are selling from their collections :)
I wanted to share a recent experience with buying CDs from international sites. In the past I have bought from Amazon UK and prestomusic.com many times without any customs duty hassles. I usually keep the order value within a certain range to be safe (and also to keep the package small in size).

For whatever reason a recent purchase I made on jpc.de was opened by customs and a duty levied. I had to pay the amount to the postman. He gave me the sheet of paper which had the calculations made by the customs officer. I could not make out much behind the reasoning for levying the duty, except that JPC being a German site had marked the "Contents" as "Medien" - which is "Media" in German. And in the sheet of paper from the customs office it said "marked as Medico but found Beethoven's CD" :D

I did not mind paying the duty although I will probably avoid buying from JPC in the future. What left a bad taste in the mouth was the way the Beethoven's box set of 5 CDs had been opened. The box flap was torn presumably while forcing it open along with the cellophane (which was gone anyway). The CDs are undamaged but I cannot say the same for the box.

Moral of the story? Buy only from English speaking countries until our customs officers learn other languages and learn to treat others' property with some respect.

Dear friends,

Besides Amazon India what other online websites are there now to buy Audio CDs (Hindi & Western) from? Amazon India does have audio CDs but the collection is very limited and most don't have good sellers.

I have bought 2 ACDs in the last week, one from the band Indian Ocean and the other one is yet to arrive (A R Rahman - Symphony). The Indian Ocean one from Times Music and has lovely clean recording.
Contact Lakshmi music shop ,it is in the website

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back