Buying CDs Online

Black_Hawk

Dear friends,

Besides Amazon India what other online websites are there now to buy Audio CDs (Hindi & Western) from? Amazon India does have audio CDs but the collection is very limited and most don't have good sellers.

I have bought 2 ACDs in the last week, one from the band Indian Ocean and the other one is yet to arrive (A R Rahman - Symphony). The Indian Ocean one from Times Music and has lovely clean recording.

Rarely buy CDs nowadays but when I do, I buy from Amazon.co.Uk. Usually buy one CD at a time from their marketplace sellers

For western CDs, Discogs is hard to beat and shipping from sellers in UK/EU is the cheapest. Only downside, it is sent by post and may take 2-3 weeks, but i have bought dozens of CDs and received every order without any issue and in great condition. Some sellers even ship without jewel case for cheaper shipping.

I've had good experiences with Amazon.co.uk. For Western Classical I go to https://www.prestomusic.com/classical which have discount offers from time to time. But neither of these are cheap, and focused more on Western.

I've tried ebay (.com/.co.uk) in the past for Indian music but it's a hit and miss affair where your CDs might get lost. My best bet remains FMs here who are selling from their collections :)

I've had good experiences with Amazon.co.uk. For Western Classical I go to https://www.prestomusic.com/classical which have discount offers from time to time. But neither of these are cheap, and focused more on Western.

My best bet remains FMs here who are selling from their collections :)

May be, we can form a WhatsApp buy/sell/exchange group for that, it could benefit us all.

I've tried ebay (.com/.co.uk) in the past for Indian music but it's a hit and miss affair where your CDs might get lost. My best bet remains FMs here who are selling from their collections :)
Great to know a fellow Presto patron. I also buy from Europadisc in the UK and Jpc in Germany and of course market place sellers on Amazon uk, de, fr and it. All western classical of course. And then there is Buywell in Australia for the wonderful Eloquence label as well as the venerable broinc in the US for new old stock (they always have a solid selection on the great Testament label which is one of the best EMI centric historical labels).

IP

For western CDs, Discogs is hard to beat and shipping from sellers in UK/EU is the cheapest. Only downside, it is sent by post and may take 2-3 weeks, but i have bought dozens of CDs and received every order without any issue and in great condition. Some sellers even ship without jewel case for cheaper shipping.
What will be cost for each CDs???sir

Great to know a fellow Presto patron. I also buy from Europadisc in the UK and Jpc in Germany and of course market place sellers on Amazon uk, de, fr and it. All western classical of course. And then there is Buywell in Australia for the wonderful Eloquence label as well as the venerable broinc in the US for new old stock (they always have a solid selection on the great Testament label which is one of the best EMI centric historical labels).

IP
Thank you for the pointers to the other sites.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back