Buying DIY Components : Sharing, Saving Shipping, Discounts, etc.

Hiten

Hello everyone.
for DIYers procuring components is difficult so starting a thread where those who are living in same city/district/state can purchase various components and probably save on shipping, components reaches safely and probably get discounts(on amount or Free shipping or plain old straight forward discount)
So if any one wants to buy from Digikey, Mouser etc. can post their requirement here and lets see how it goes. HOWEVER please read ...
1) Any monetary transaction will be your own responsibility.
2) Any complaints like late arrival or damaged goods etc. will be your own responsibility.
3) It would be good to take extra precautions when dealing with any new member.
4) keep physical, online record (PM, Messages, Receipts, Transactions) of everything you desire to purchase.
5) Proceed only if are mature enough to see unforeseen events, Goods getting damaged, late arrival etc. various things that may happen.
6) Hiten is NOT responsible for any disputes or anything that happens if you decide to go ahead with anyone. This is on friendly mutual understanding and trust between yourself and anyone who joins you. So it is up to you if you want to share your purchase with anyone.
7) This is only for DIY Components, which are small, unobtainable, have expensive shipping,

My intention is to only help fellow members.

more Inputs welcome

Best regards.

OK. I will start.

Mumbai (Maharashtra) Chapter
(Or for that matter anywhere in India)

Am in need for tag boards, LM3886 ICs, and some more stuff still to be decided. Any Common source so we can group buy/import ?
need very few tag boards but we can share. Something like this.
1604063420376.png

No idea Arun. But you can ask in separate thread. I dont know if any one will notice here. After that you can hop in if anyone is buying from mouser etc. I will join in for parts in mouser.
regards.
Note : remember even if in India the courier charges can be almost same if package is large or heavy. So do consider if its worth. Nearby places like for example Mumbai to my place courier will be not that much.

No idea Arun. But you can ask in separate thread. I dont know if any one will notice here. After that you can hop in if anyone is buying from mouser etc. I will join in for parts in mouser.
regards.
Note : remember even if in India the courier charges can be almost same if package is large or heavy. So do consider if its worth. Nearby places like for example Mumbai to my place courier will be not that much.
Sure will do. Thanks!!

I checked the internet looks like 10K pot is recommended. Not sure. May be some expert will soon help.
Regards.

OK. I will start.

Mumbai (Maharashtra) Chapter
(Or for that matter anywhere in India)

Am in need for tag boards, LM3886 ICs, and some more stuff still to be decided. Any Common source so we can group buy/import ?
need very few tag boards but we can share. Something like this.
View attachment 51431
I have been importing tag boards and terminal strips from tubedepot and hificollective.
Shipping and customs make them quite costly, which are otherwise cheap items, any local source would be great.

Well,
I've been eyeing some rare components in mouser and luckily,they're in stock!
Would anyone be interested in clubbing a order?Coming to savings..well,the shipping cost is reduced(1200 per order last i remember) but the customs "fatka" is the same.

just in case anyone is interested,its this-
for this look
UGS-MUSE-Scion-Preamplifier-small.jpg

image credits-DiYA,UGS muses preamp

Last edited:
Suraj,
Right now I am building fun/basic/getting hands dirty tube amp I will search mouser if I find any thing that I may need. Or can buy some generic stuff if it gets things started. Small unavailable stuff will be priority. A small component package will be good to by pass customs ? I have never baught anything from Mouser. Any idea how they charge shipping ? by Weight or value ? If nothing at all can buy genuine lm3886 Chips for future use. (I alerady have unused never tested modules which have genuine chips)
Regards.

Small unavailable stuff will be priority. A small component package will be good to by pass customs ? I have never baught anything from Mouser. Any idea how they charge shipping ? by Weight or value ?
No,unfortunately customs is charged regardless of the package size/value.
Shipping is Rs1200 flat rate.
A mouser order is for high quality parts or things which arent available locally,since parts are much more expensive there compared to say Mumbai/Bangalore.

I've bought from TaoBao china and used a forwarder to ship (just once, low value parts). Indian debit cards work directly, domestic/Chine shipping is low, you can also track your parcel within China. My TaoBao account is still active.

How will you pay your forwarder though for international/ChinaPost shipping - I use Bitcoin and a Vietnamese intermediary (inconvenient). I've also sent money to him using SBI SWIFT 500/ fee per txn.

Customs duty will be levied on items with a duty +100/INR (it's 70% or some such high value) [last I checked] Therefore it's not worth it for me. You can buy all those items on AliExpress with waiting.
(if anyone has a better idea please let me know)

Edcor transformer landing cost here comes to about 14/15K.. I am still undecided on my amplifier output transformers. Will post requirements once it (along with other stuff) is decided upon. OR will ask my friend's son to procure it. (Which I am avoiding as he is studying and dont want to trouble him)
Regards.

Can anyone give me a heads up as to how much customs duty to expect from an order from mouser, it's a bunch of LEDs (opto-electronics) bare diodes, the order value is 9700 including shipping?

I have an alternative to have them sent to my sister in the US and she could repack into a small jiffy bag and send to me as a gift, which would possibly avoid customs duty. It's just a bit of a hassle for her.
40% of the amount and handling charges of the courier extra.

Can anyone give me a heads up as to how much customs duty to expect from an order from mouser, it's a bunch of LEDs (opto-electronics) bare diodes, the order value is 9700 including shipping?

I have an alternative to have them sent to my sister in the US and she could repack into a small jiffy bag and send to me as a gift, which would possibly avoid customs duty. It's just a bit of a hassle for her.
Try and use the www.semikart.com site to order the mouser parts as they include the customs/GST/shipping charges all inclusive. No hassles of getting customs clearance and all as they will deliver it right to your home.

Hi,
I will need some parts small value caps etc. for small fun amplifier project so....

I was wondering if anyone is interested in buying from mouser.in or semikart and share shipping charges ? which are ~Rs. 1200 . Customs and gst as per individual purchase total cost + shipping to individual extra as applicable. You can buy and get shipping at your address. I will pay shipping from your place to mine.

Note : Only shipping will be shared in equal parts. (Yes I am thrifty :p ). DHL international shipping is cheapest. share if any other ideas.
regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back