Buying from Amazon? Bad idea?

buzzaro

Hi, all

I'm looking to purchase ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 Bookshelf Speakers

Hifimart has it for 27.2K, while Amazon has it for 26K, and using SBI credit card it comes down to 24.5K.
Since these are speakers, I wouldn't worry too much about warranty. If they have any issue, Amazon offers good replacement and return options which I've used in the past. The seller is AV BEST BUY, a Mumbai based dealer.

So, I just wanted to check with the more experienced FMs if it's a bad idea, or should I go ahead?

Frankly, I think in all these products the distributor is the one who has to provide warranty, so buy from an official dealer from anywhere in the country and ship it.

There are lots of dealers in Mumbai who will be happy to do so. If amazon is cheaper, go for it. If you probably reach out one-on-one with hifimart, they may match or improve it.

I saw one more dealer audioshop.in who deals with Elac and mentions Ahmedabad, just check with them too.

Called HFM. They reduced the price. I thought that was better than Amazon at 24.5K because of better reliability and all. So placed the order with HFM. Thank you, guys.

Called HFM. They reduced the price. I thought that was better than Amazon at 24.5K because of better reliability and all. So placed the order with HFM. Thank you, guys.
Good. Share us your impressions once you receive and try them.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back