Buying games from outside India

agupta20

Hi all,

I have bought ps3 from India. If i buy games from outside india (US/Canada/UK), will they work on my ps3. I want to buy "Dance star party" game but I cant find it anywhere on Indian websites.

Thanks

I am not exactly sure but I have a reason to believe that you will be out of luck. Games on ps2 from europe and usa are not inter-playable. Same is true of Nintendo 3ds. And I think region coding exists for games also.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Region code exists for PS3 games, but as far as I know, it's only there if the publisher wishes to code the games according to region.

You should be able to play imported games on your Indian PS3.

For blu-rays and DVDs, you will be out of luck if there's a region mismatch. Games, most likely, will not matter. They should play.

Region codes are not applicable to PS3 Games that means as of now PS3 games are region free.
Check the video format and Language before you buy.

no region codes on PS3 games only for blu ray. But checvk what region you buy because DLC is region locked.

Am still confused, some of you said they (games) aren't region coded. Some are saying, they are. Any confirmed answers? I read somewhere, UK supports PAL format and the same works in India as well. Hence PS3 games bought from UK should work in Indian PS3 consoles.

OK. I correct myself after some research. 99% PS3 games are not region coded. However, the downloadable content may be region locked. Also, maps and other such info may be restricted to the country of origin only.

Ok Here to make things easy for you.

PS3 games you can buy from anywhere in the world and ALL of them will work on your console.

After you buy games if you wish to buy some DLC for it, you have to buy it from the store of the country you bought the game for(It is usually region locked).

So you can buy a game from US and play it here, but if you buy the DLC(Like map or characters or extra mission) from India store, it might not work. To be sae you should buy it from the US store in this case.

Thumb rule if you get some game from outside india avoid buying DLC for it, and if you desperately need some DLC then buy that game from India.

As it stands games are pretty much cheaper or on Par with US here, it is just some exclusive games that you do not get there, so buy them there and do not buy DLC for them and you are good.

If you can't find "Dance star party" game in India then you should purchase from anywhere. because ps3 game dose not depend on region, but I am not totally sure so you have need to check the language and format before you buy.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back