Buying led TV from eBay under sellers warranty

kamalaravi

I am thinking of buying a 55 inch led TV from eBay India as the price difference is 40 to 50 thousand. For eg the Samsung 55h 6400 sells from 65 to 80 thousand from eBay sellers with dealer warranty but it is sold at snapdeal for 115000 with manufacturers warranty.normally led tvs rarely get problems in the first 1 year. My lg 42 inch TV has not developed any problems even after 6 years. So to pay 40 thousand extra for a one year manufacturers warranty is too much. The tvs sold at eBay are imported and assembled.my only doubt is whether the tvs are genuine. Does anybody have any views on this.

Last edited:
Ebay seller warranty does not cover any panel issue, it only covers any software related issue. As led tv is an electronic device any thing might happened to it. What happened if after purchase the tv's panel goes wrong, you have to spend 40k to 50k for panel replacement then your cost on the tv will go beyond what Snapdeal offers for this tv with one year manufacturing warranty.

Buying led tv from eBay with seller's warranty is a big gambling you might win or loose, choice is yours. Good luck.

Buying led tv on eBay is really a big gamble in terms of its genuineness.
Led panel issues are not entertained by eBay sellers. Even PCB problems can occur during 1st year.
My friend had ordered Panasonic 42" led from amazon with warrenty and had PCB problem. He had to fight alot with amazon and the company to get it sorted. It became a big headache for him to follow up for warrenty replacement.
So, IMO look for warrenty and then decide.

I finally bought a 55 inch Samsung tv from ebay india after researching for a few months.The model no UA55JU6400 and it an uhd tv .the price when I booked was 99500 but in 2 weeks the price has now dropped down to 89500/-.I got delivery of the tv after 10 from delhi to Chennai.the performance of the tv is impressive.great black levels and contrast.the hd channels look much better than on my previous lg 42 inch tv.Hd picture quality is probably better because of the uhd upscaling than on a normal hd tv.uhd videos from youtube look great especially if you watch from a distance of 5 ft on this 55 inch tv.The tv is brand new and comes with a one year seller warranty as opposed to a one year manufacturer warranty if you buy an equivalent indian model( ju6470) but the price is nearly 1.40 to 1.50 lakhs.imported tvs from ebay come a full 50% cheaper.this one is made in Thailand.people looking to save money on a big size tv should buy from ebay where the prices are honest.by the way the price of a sony 55W800c with android is only abt 90000 on ebay.These are genuine imported tvs sold much cheaper.For a 1 yr manufacturer warranty we are forced to pay more than 50% extra in india.
I have been using it for 10 days.it is a genuine Samsung tv made in Malaysia.tvs very rarely develop any problems in the initial 3 years.further the warranty in India is only 1 year

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back