Buying Philips 32 PFL5609

It works if you put in any mode with option button pressed first followed by rest(062596 info).Somtimes you need to repeat the procedure.You can get this either 1st time or 3rd time.

Once done you shld see Black square with info & background like old crt with no RF signal(white ants)

@spirovious. I tried many times but no success. can you post some pics of the screen after the success . I need the correct procedure urgently as i think i have been given a display set.

@spirovious. I tried many times but no success. can you post some pics of the screen after the success . I need the correct procedure urgently as i think i have been given a display set.

Menu> 062596 info (sometimes repeat)
see all buttons are properly pressed.no need to hurry.

photo201q.jpg
[/URL]

Menu> 062596 info (sometimes repeat)
see all buttons are properly pressed.no need to hurry.

photo201q.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks a lot. it worked like a charm only change is the sequence browse>062596 info. Maybe because i changed my firmware to tcm32a 0.62. one more query my set is showing operating hours as 120, i have used the set for 15 days with 5-6 hours daily use. Is the opr hours shown normal or i have been given a used set?

figure showed are not actual hrs.It must be new.My old set was showing more than 1000 & was 1moth use(in shop & home)I got replacement with new due to panal prob & when I checked ,it was around 16.

figure showed are not actual hrs.It must be new.My old set was showing more than 1000 & was 1moth use(in shop & home)I got replacement with new due to panal prob & when I checked ,it was around 16.

well I think i have got the meaning of the opr hours figure it is total number of hours plus number of times LCD was switched on and off. I checked it when then counter was on 120 and after switching it off and on it increased by one. I did it 5-7 times, each time it increased by one.

well I think i have got the meaning of the opr hours figure it is total number of hours plus number of times LCD was switched on and off. I checked it when then counter was on 120 and after switching it off and on it increased by one. I did it 5-7 times, each time it increased by one.

Yes something like that,last figure may be some minute calculation I thing.

Oh thats news to me. I did not notice that. Will check it..Thanks kaggarwal. I hope you too are enjoying your 5609, just like me, Spiro and others. :)

Oh thats news to me. I did not notice that. Will check it..Thanks kaggarwal. I hope you too are enjoying your 5609, just like me, Spiro and others. :)
How is the dth PQ. IS there any pixelation when watching from close.
I have d2h connection and some pixelation is visible on some channel.

I think the picture quality of satellite TV depends on various factors.
- The quality of transmission from the providers end (in which many think Tata Sky is best)
- The reception quality on your dish at your home, and that depends on the signal strength, direction of the dish, etc.
- And also on the channel you;re watching. I've noticed channels like Star Movies, HBO, Discovery, NDTV, have better picture quality on my TV than other local channels.

And yes, as Sipro says, anything above 6 to 8 ft is the ideal distance to watch an LCD TV from.

Yes there is pixalation when I am too close (like 2 to 3 ft from the TV), especially for some regional channels, but when I am at a distance of 7 to 8ft, it looks ok to me, and better for channels like Star movies, HBO, Discovery, etc.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back