buying uls 15...

manu, this is crazy. this will never end. i have a couple of small bits of advice. I am probably not any older than you, but with regard to these couple of things i am going to insist that i am wiser. so here goes:

a) there will always be upgrades available. there will always be more bass available. there will always be places to throw your money. there will always be dealers trying to sell you their most expensive gear (that's their job after all). this will never stop. you will never be happy.

b) so therefore, why don't you just listen to the music and the movies, and enjoy them, rather than going out in search of lower bass or bigger/better equipment. All of us audio-fools could do with this advice, but none more so right now than you manu-ji.

I can guarantee you that the ULS 15 will not keep you happy. In 2 months you'll want something else. Shall we bet money on that?

Now of course I know it's your money and you're free to do what you want with it, but please please do seriously consider 'settling' on a subwoofer and then listening to the music and the movies. Like quitting smoking, try quitting upgrading. Make a resolution that you won't upgrade for 6 months, and then see how long you can push it.

Either ways, all the best :)

manu, this is crazy. this will never end. i have a couple of small bits of advice. I am probably not any older than you, but with regard to these couple of things i am going to insist that i am wiser. so here goes:

a) there will always be upgrades available. there will always be more bass available. there will always be places to throw your money. there will always be dealers trying to sell you their most expensive gear (that's their job after all). this will never stop. you will never be happy.

b) so therefore, why don't you just listen to the music and the movies, and enjoy them, rather than going out in search of lower bass or bigger/better equipment. All of us audio-fools could do with this advice, but none more so right now than you manu-ji.

I can guarantee you that the ULS 15 will not keep you happy. In 2 months you'll want something else. Shall we bet money on that?

Now of course I know it's your money and you're free to do what you want with it, but please please do seriously consider 'settling' on a subwoofer and then listening to the music and the movies. Like quitting smoking, try quitting upgrading. Make a resolution that you won't upgrade for 6 months, and then see how long you can push it.

Either ways, all the best :)

you are right brother but really really 200% i will be satisfied with uls 15 u can bet money on it :) and really brother i will try my best to quit upgrading

you are right brother but really really 200% i will be satisfied with uls 15 u can bet money on it :) and really brother i will try my best to quit upgrading

Manu,
Please make a serious consideration on what i say. HSU is wrong choice for ur taste. HSU is known for it's purity they never boom unnecessarily. Even, ULS 15 will not do the needful. You need a Velodyne or a Butt kicker. The worst part is ULS 15 is a sealed one and will obviously deliver less spl compared to ported. If you can't live with HSU ported and still go for ULS 15 i bet i shall see ur ULS 15 in HiFi mart soon. What i try to mean is go for a brand that fulfills your taste instead of choosing them blindly based on review/considering only the reputation of the brand. I can suggest you to try Paradigm Servo, i haven't tried the same but i've heard people say they shake the foundation. Listen to HT gurus in our forum who can really help if you co operate. Hope you understand.:)

Manu,
Please make a serious consideration on what i say. HSU is wrong choice for ur taste. HSU is known for it's purity they never boom unnecessarily. Even, ULS 15 will not do the needful. You need a Velodyne or a Butt kicker. The worst part is ULS 15 is a sealed one and will obviously deliver less spl compared to ported. If you can't live with HSU ported and still go for ULS 15 i bet i shall see ur ULS 15 in HiFi mart soon. What i try to mean is go for a brand that fulfills your taste instead of choosing them blindly based on review/considering only the reputation of the brand. I can suggest you to try Paradigm Servo, i haven't tried the same but i've heard people say they shake the foundation. Listen to HT gurus in our forum who can really help if you co operate. Hope you understand.:)
No problem sir and i'll not regret with uls 15 coz hsu vtf2mk3 change my taste now i'm more towards pureness than boominess:)

but seriously consider the buttkicker manu, it's supposed to be excellent.

manu are u sure that you have tried the max volume on the sub and also the sub settings in the AVR..
i have the VTF3 and i always have to keep the volume at 25%.. anything more and my parents complain on the top floor of mini earthquakes..
please check whether u have actually tried all the settings that come with the sub..

manu are u sure that you have tried the max volume on the sub and also the sub settings in the AVR..
i have the VTF3 and i always have to keep the volume at 25%.. anything more and my parents complain on the top floor of mini earthquakes..
please check whether u have actually tried all the settings that come with the sub..
Hey bro vtf2mk3 do shakes my house foundation but now i want a high end sub which creates pure sound no boomy shoomy and yaaaa i know how to set a su:Dbwoofer

manu, I agree with madhurshankar that the ULS15 will likely not satisfy you, a lot of people mistake boom for SPL (unless that is the intention), IMO boomy is lacking clarity (or tightness) while playing at high SPLs, good subs can go very high and not sound boomy, there is also the option of an external EQ to remedy this.

All said the ULS15 is hardly a SPL sub and serious bassheads do not usually buy a Hsu. It is a decent sub by all means but does not merit consideration by people serious about SPL. Of course everyone must follow their own choices and I encourage you do so, just offering a bit of advice. Perhaps it will help you.

IMO you would be better served by eD or even SVS. I would consider high end pro subs as well but you must choose well because most pro subs do not dig deep if you are after HT. I would also mention IMO it is not the F3 that is important down low but the raw SPL, I would rather have a sub -10db @ 110db @ 15Hz than a -3db @ 95db @ 15Hz with equivalent THD numbers. This is just me however people do have differing tastes. It is worth noting you can lower the peaks to match the -10db with an EQ if you desire a flat FR (I do not).

Hope this helps you out.

Hey bro vtf2mk3 do shakes my house foundation but now i want a high end sub which creates pure sound no boomy shoomy and yaaaa i know how to set a su:Dbwoofer

I am 100% sure that you will not be satisfied since you are changing the sub for removing the boominess / getting the low end tightness. I suggest invest a 25% of your new sub towards the room treatment (not the kind of existing treatment) esp. for low freq. Most probably you will be satisfied with the sound.
Another simple option would be to take your sub to a dealer (not your current dealer), who has a good acoustically treated room, then think about the need for changing the sub.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back